Tuesday, June 3, 2008

job/ music/ Dollhouse TV show

job/ music/ Dollhouse TV show

May 31 Job: Today I worked from 12pm-6pm. I was to work from 10am-6pm, but I forgot my keys. I thought I was to leave them at the store for the other employees. However, I am one of the 4 people who get to have keys to open and lock the doors. I feel like I am moving up pretty fast if I am getting responsibility of opening and closing.

Jun 1: I dropped off my resume at Matrix Hotel to be a receptionist.

Music: I saw that people were talking about the show The Secret Diary of a Callgirl starring Billie Piper on televisionwithoutpity.com. She was a singer with songs like "Because we want to" and "Girlfriend" in the late 90s. I looked her up and she had gotten married at 18 to a big music DJ called Chris Evans (34 yr old) in the UK. Her parents didn't know about it until afterwards.

I'll give her points that she lasted 6yrs in the marriage. I will give her even more points since she refused to take any of money from the divorce settlement. She got divorced in May 2007 and got married in Dec. 2007. I don't approve of her marrying at 18, but I only find it somewhat okay if one person is under 25 and the other person is over 25 to get married. Her first marriage, she dated him for a few yrs before getting married. I don't know about this other guy and how long she known him before they married.

I'll give points that Shania Twain was married for 15yrs before getting a divorce. I'm not a fan of hers, but I don't hate her either.

Movies: Yesterday I looked up on imdb.com and there is going to be The Fast and Furious 4 with Paul Walker and Vin Diesel. There is also going to be a Crank 2 with Jason Statham. Last summer I borrowed Crank from Leslie on my bday, and that movie was bad. JS will also be in the movie Transporter 3, and the first two were good.

Funny: I like going on Facebook to do likeness quizzes and see how alike I am with my friends. I was thinking about the past. In gr. 10 art class, I was talking to Leslie about a Malcolm in the Middle ep that aired last night. It's the ep where Hal spends the entire time painting this big mural.

Me: The only part I didn't like about the episode is that they never showed how the painting looked like.
L: Oh yeah, I hated that too.
We laughed.

Learn: A couple of weeks ago I was talking to John and I learned that you don't need a passport to fly within Canada. I thought you needed a passport to go a plane. Today I learned that the 106 bus doesn't run on Sun. My brother P told me if I wanted to go that route, I have to take the 1 and then it will turn into the 4.

Jun 2: Today Hyacinthe emailed me back asking some questions, and that I would need to come in and do an interview so I could try to get another job. Today Smart Set at City Centre called me. I will call H tomorrow and go do the interview. Then I will call Smart Set and ask how much they pay.

Jun 3 Art: I've been so busy with work, that I haven't been adding much to my collages except these phrases "The best summer job", "Make money- fast" and "Go get that job!"

Dollhouse TV show:
 I knew about this new show by Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy, Angel, Firefly) has created a new sci-fi/ action show starring Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy) and Amy Acker (Fred from Angel.) It is about a group of people who can do anything like fight, have great skills, but they won't have any memory afterwards.

Here is the 2:25 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDcEKo4V7fA&feature=related

Here is a Joss and Eliza interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYHejq0whOs

I was reading the Culture section in the Edmonton Journal, and Craig Olejnik this actor from the TV movie Obituary is going to be on the new show The Listener. It's supernatural about a guy who's a paramedic and a psychic. I actually squealed with excitement when I read it. I do have a crush on him. I thought it was such a coincidence that I saw him when I was 14 on the tv show So Weird. It's where he acquires magnetic powers and then ends up losing them when he gets hurt by it. All these metal things struck him and he has to go to the hospital to get xrays. His character then says: "No, I can't. There is radiation in xrays and I'm going to lose my powers.

Then 8 yrs later I see him in the tv movie and I looked him on imdb.com and I see that I've seen him before.

At work, a girl finally got fired and she gave the store keys back. Another girl will get fired at the end of this week. 2 new girls will be hired. Dani says she fired 7 girls at City Centre, 25 in Kingsway, 56 in Londonderry. Reasons like dressing inappropriately with too tight and revealing clothes, not showing up for work, etc.

Five: Since I was looking up Billie Piper, she dated my fave member Rich from Five, so I had to look up Five, then I looked up all the other members. In 2002, I downloaded the song "What you got" by Abs and Leslie helped me burned a cd. Five is really talented. Here is Abs first vid for "What you got"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3iW3xmMGfM&feature=related

Here is Abs "Little Miss Perfect". Abs is showing off his abs in this vid. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCct0owEpkE&feature=related

Abs "Stop sign" Good break dancing and graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-vCiLKrGVk&feature=related

Five's "Let's Dance":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxOGPw96j2s&feature=related

Oh the days of late 90s/ early 2000s. Five had really good chemistry with each other because they joked so well together. I remember watching the YTV Hit List and they interviewed them. They were told to introduce themselves and say something about themselves.

Rich: Hi, I'm Rich and I'm uh...
J: Really boring.
Rich: And I'm really boring.
J: I'm J and I'm really boring.
And so on with all the other guys.

Then they were interviewed with Carson Daly on TRL. CD asks them a question. Scott answers it, then the next guy answers it. Scott then is looking at the 2nd guy and nodding like he's really listening to him. After the 2nd guy is done talking, S and 2nd guy looks at the 3rd guy who's talking, and S and 2nd guy are nodding like they are very interested in what he's saying and so on. They were acting, lol.

I saw the signs that the group was ending. It was back in Aug. 2001 a few months before they broke up. There was an interview with only Rich, Abs, and J. Sean was sick and he didn't show up on the "Let's Dance" video and Scott didn't make it because his fiance was sick and she was pregnant. Rich makes a joke by rambling and repeating stuff like how "Let's Dance" is the first single and will be released this day and the album will be released on this day.

I thought it was funny. However, Abs and J didn't join in on the joke or laugh. They're faces were straight and they were serious. In fact, Abs says to Rich, "Why did you say that? You know they're just going to edit it out." lol. That was unintentionally funny for what Abs said. Well because he was wrong, it wasn't edited out because I, the viewer got to see it. lol.

No comments: