Friday, June 13, 2008

music/ job

music/ job

Jun 11 Music: I went to one of the Five member's Sean Conlon's myspace page. His music isn't pop, it's more rock and it's very good. It's like adult contemporary with lots of emotion in it.

 http://www.myspace.com/seanconlonmusic

Job: I talked to Dani today. She said the people above her told her to dismiss me. I know for sure, I was caught sitting once. But then I got up. The supervisor said she caught me sitting twice. However, I do remember sitting, but I was arranging the shoes on the rack so I was working. D tells me to not take it personal. I can still use her as a reference. I also got a job today. I now work at the Canadian Soup and Sandwich Company downstairs. It had a Help Wanted sign.

I applied there last summer, but no interview. I applied to a bunch of stores first because Soup had the lunch rush and would be too busy to even ask me questions. I applied to Ricki's, Coast Mountain/ Sport Check, Bunches, Bentleys, Cargo James and Tea, Claire's, Sorrentino Cafe, Infiniti Leather, the Liquor Store, People's Diamonds, Carlton Cards, overall 21 places. I got home and told my dad the truth that I got dismissed yesterday and got a new job today.  At Soup, I can wear jeans, sneakers, and short sleeves which is what I already wear so that's great. The drinks are free and the food is half price for the employees. I'm going to be working there full time. I applied to Bears and Wishes, and it's only a part time and temporary job.

Jun 12 Free: It was a long day today. It started off with me going to the Evaline Charles Academy at 8:45am so I could get a free haircut. Kathleen approached me while I was working at Clothing Store #3 and asked if I wanted a free haircut since she had an exam to cut people's hair. It's long at the front, short at the back, you know like Victoria Beckham. It would probably have cost $100 if I went to the Evaline Charles at the mall.

2hrs later, I was then able to leave and then I ate my lunch before I started my work at Canadian Soup. I mainly served soup today and spilled some soup on my fingers. I worked from 12-8pm with a 30min break. Juice and coffee is free, soup, pop cans and bottles and food is half price for the employees. I made friends with a girl Ray, and she's 15.

Ray and I talked about celebrity look alikes. I told her about Hyacinthe and asked her if she knew who Matthew Lawerence was.

R: Was he in a TV show about 3 brothers?
Me: Yes, Brotherly Love.
We even talked about old tv shows like In a Heartbeat which starred Shawn Ashmore (Iceman from X-Men trilogy.)
This is how H looks like. This is a pic of ML, however imagine an oval face and that would be H. Same hairstyle and eyes.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2997458688/nm0492932

Jun 13 Funny: Last night I had a dream that I met Eric Stretch from the boy band No Authority. I asked him for his autograph and asked if he still hung out with the other guys. I then forgot about the dream and then went on youtube to listen to some NA. Then I remembered the dream. Then I found this on youtube, and I learned that ES is gay. He does this comedy routine where he talks about being gay. I think it really is him. He looks like ES, aged up. He was born in 1980, and this vid was posted in 2007. He says he's 26 in the clip.

He talks about people not believing that his last name really is Stretch. Yeah, come to think of it, it is kind of unusual. It's a word more than a name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgcNMbkmOw&feature=related

Then here he is singing "Bills, Bills, Bills" by Destiny's Child. He sounds good and he can sing live. Overall he is a good performer. I'm impressed. You should definitely watch this.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AC2PnUfqEw&feature=related

No comments: