Friday, March 31, 2023

Post Secret (Part 23)/ Post Secret- abortions (Part 1)

I'm posting this in honor of International Women's Day Mar. 8.


Sept. 6, 2020:


Nov. 22, 2020:


My opinion: Get counselling.


Jan. 10, 2021:





Apr. 4, 2021:





May 23, 2021 Classic secret:



Sept. 19, 2021 Classic secret:



My opinion: 
Get counselling.


Jan. 2, 2022 Classic secret:




Feb. 27, 2022:



Mar. 13, 2022:



Mar. 27, 2022 Classic secrets:



May 29, 2022 Classic secrets:








Jun. 5, 2022:





…they said all the tests looked great! he died a few weeks later. I’ve carried this for the last 7 months. I have to let it go, or lose myself…
[written on back]

My opinion: This part stood out to me the most because this could be applied to a lot of things: "I have to let it go, or lose myself".

Classic secrets: I have to type this up:

"I found this receipt inside a book on miscarriage that I checked out from the library. It was as if she left it behind on purpose to help me realize I'm not alone.

I plan on leaving my receipt behind when I return the book later this week."

Jun. 26, 2022:







Jul. 3, 2022:



Jul. 10, 2022:



My husband doesn’t know I think of her as ‘Rose’.

 [on back]


Classic secrets:





My opinion: Get counselling.

Jul. 24, 2022:






My opinion: Get counselling.

Jul. 29, 2022 Classic secrets:




My opinion: Get counselling.





Oct. 1, 2022:

"I told my husband that I was pregnant.  He told me to get an abortion and I told him to f--- off.  Now my ex- husband and I have a 31 yr old daughter.




Oct. 23, 2022:

On one side: "The abortion made me realize that I want to have a kid."

On the other side: A picture of 2 black pigs.

Dec. 11, 2022:



This week's theme is about International Women's Day and abortions:

"Topless Abortion Rights Protesters Storm Court At New York Liberty WNBA Game"/ "Megan Rapinoe, sports world react to Supreme Court decision on abortion rights: 'The cruelty is the point'"



"Lauren Santo Domingo reminds Ivanka Trump's alleged abortion after Roe v. Wade's overturning"/ "Jennifer Grey reflects on her abortion post-Roe: ‘I’d always wanted a child. I just didn’t want a child as a teenager’"



Tracy's blog: "Lauren Santo Domingo reminds Ivanka Trump's alleged abortion after Roe v. Wade's overturning"/ "Jennifer Grey reflects on her abortion post-Roe: ‘I’d always wanted a child. I just didn’t want a child as a teenager’" (badcb.blogspot.com)


My week:

Mar. 24, 2023 "Shoppers Drug Mart eliminates 'pink tax' on menstrual pain medication following CBC investigation": Today I found this article by Jenny Crowley and Charislie Argo on CBC:

Shoppers Drug Mart is taking action following an investigation by CBC's Marketplace that found painkillers labelled as a treatment for menstrual cramps cost more than near-identical painkillers marketed for headaches and other pain.

The drugstore's parent company, Loblaw, told Marketplace over email on March 15 that it "recognizes the importance of equity and access and will align the price of these products within a week."

As of March 24, more than a week after that email was sent, prices online were aligned but inconsistent across stores in the Greater Toronto Area. 

Aleve and Maxidol have near-identical inactive ingredients, both come in liquid gel capsules and both boxes contain the same number of caplets.

Aleve was regularly priced at just $13.99, and was purchased on sale for $11.49. Maxidol, however, rang in at $16.99. 

Shoppers Drug Mart eliminates 'pink tax' on menstrual pain medication following CBC investigation | CBC News

Mar. 26, 2023 "Edmonton mall cashes in on alternative tenants to fight Canada-wide slump": Today I found this article by Brendan Coulter on CBC.  It's about Bonnie Doon mall.  I find this mall to be average at best, and mediocre at worst.  They have Safeway there, but the other stores and restaurants aren't that interesting.


Edmonton mall cashes in on alternative tenants to fight Canada-wide slump | CBC News


Jan. 26, 2023 "Sport Chek pulls out of Edmonton City Centre as mall highlights 'significant safety issues'":  I was reading the above article about Bonnie Doon mall, and it mentions about Sport Chek closing.  I then found this article by Karyn Mulcahy on CTV:


Sport Chek to close Edmonton City Centre location | CTV News



My opinion: There are so many stores and restaurants that has closed down since the COVID- 19 pandemic in 2020.  If you go to City Centre mall, there are a lot of empty stores.  I only go there for the Shoppers Drug Mart. 



Mar. 29, 2023 "Booming consumer demand for discounts drives Dollarama profits up 27%": Today I found this article by Pete Evans on CBC.  I like Dollarama and saving money:


To Ken Wong, an associate professor in marketing at the Smith School of Business at Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., the reason the company has more customer visits coming through its doors is obvious.

"In these inflationary times, with interest rates being so high, a lot of Canadians are feeling the economic pinch, and so Dollarama is looking very much like their salvation," he said in an interview. "Customers believe that Dollarama is going to have lower prices."

While all retailers are laser-focused on costs, Wong says Dollarama has been successful by thinking differently. "Everybody else prices their products based on their cost, but Dollarama starts with a price point and then works backwards to figure out what's the most they could afford to buy that product for," he said.

Booming consumer demand for discounts drives Dollarama profits up 27% | CBC News




Mar. 27, 2023 Krazy Binz: I went to a job interview.  Then I saw that this store was close by and checked it out.  I read in the news about it.  I didn't really like the store.  There are all these products from seasonal decorations, cell phone and tablet cases, to books, and they're all mixed together.  This was so disorganized.  I didn't like shopping there because I had to sort through so much.


Forever 21: When this place first closed down in 2019, my co-worker Chinelle said: "The store is so disorganized like Winners."  Forever 21 isn't disorganized.


Winners: This store is organized like "Women's long sleeve tops" and "Women's short sleeve tops" and they're put by the sizes.  


Value Village: I went there once in 2016 when I was donating all my magazines to them.  They organize their products like here's the books, and here's the home decor.


Garage sales: I have been to these, and they're organized with similar products together.


These stores are kind of organized.  Krazy Binz is not organized at all because all the products are mixed together.  The customer has to put a lot of time and effort to find things.


The customers go to stores to find things, but they don't want to put that much time and effort.



No comments: