Sunday, May 3, 2020

Nexxt/ Teachaway.com (Work from Home Part 13)/ Taco Bell fries commercial

Mar. 19, 2020: I am posting this work from home blog post because I'm sure a lot of people are working at home or just at home because they aren't allowed to work because of the COVID- 19.

5 International Companies (Work from Home Part 12)

http://badcb.blogspot.com/2020/05/5-international-companies-work-from.html


Workopolis (Work from Home Part 11)

http://badcb.blogspot.com/2020/05/workopolis-work-from-home-part-11.html


Mar. 27, 2020 Nexxt: I found this job website.  There are jobs in Canada.  There are 40 jobs in Edmonton.  I'm not qualified for them.

There is a variety from drivers, engineers, and managers.

https://www.nexxt.com/

Career Bliss: I typed in "Edmonton, AB".  There aren't any jobs in Edmonton, but a lot in Alberta.

I typed in "work from home" and Alberta.  I got lots of US.

 https://www.careerbliss.com/

Mar. 28, 2020: I looked up work from home jobs in:

1. Xerox- none

2. ATCO- none

Apr. 1, 2020 Facebook: I went and typed in "work from home" and there are lots of Facebook groups.

Work from Home Happiness: I then found this website.  I like the how the website looks.


https://workfromhomehappiness.com/my-blog-page/

https://workfromhomehappiness.com/

Virtual assistant jobs: There are lots of places hiring remote virtual assistants.  The positions listed in the blog post are for US:


https://workfromhomehappiness.com/virtual-assistant-jobs-remote/


Teachaway.com: 


Find Teaching Jobs Abroad


Search hundreds of teaching jobs abroad, including opportunities with international schools, government programs, universities and language colleges in over 40 countries.

Looking for ESL teaching jobs? View our ESL job board.



My opinion: Most teaching jobs either in China or Canada, need a Bachelor's degree.


Here is one with a 2 yr college diploma:



https://www.teachaway.com/teaching-jobs-abroad/english-teacher-94

PD Plus Tutoring Services:


We are currently recruiting tutors for all subjects in Vancouver, Surrey, North and West Vancouver, Coquitlam, and Burnaby. From now until June, tutoring will be online, but we do prefer to hire tutors who will also be available for one-to-one, in home tutoring in September and onwards. Applicants must be familiar with the BC curriculum, and have previous tutoring experience.

We are a trustworthy and professional *locally-founded, owned and operated tutoring business that has been in operation since 2003. We pay well, care for our tutors, and handle all of the advertising and administration.

Please have a look at our tutor testimonials and we hope you will join our team of wonderful tutors contributing to the success of many appreciative students and their parents.

Our successful candidates will:

1) have at minimum a university degree.

2) have local BC tutoring experience.

3) have excellent English communication skills.

4) be reliable, honest, punctual and well-organized.

5) be passionate and committed to helping our students become more successful.

6) have local relevant references that address the success of your current or former students and your work ethic.

7) need to get a criminal record check done if you don't already have one.

Remuneration is $25.00 per hour (sub-contractor). Tutoring is done in our customers' homes so you will need to travel short distances (it is better if you have a car).

**Please apply on-line at our website: 


Upwork: 


Hire freelancers in Canada
Work with the world’s best talent on Upwork – the top freelancing website trusted by over 5 million businesses.
Easily find quality matches


On Upwork you’ll find a range of top freelancers and agencies, from developers and development agencies to designers and creative agencies, copywriters, campaign managers, marketing agencies and marketers, customer support reps, and more.

  • Start by posting a job. Tell us about your project and the specific skills required. Learn how.
  • Upwork analyzes your needs. Our search functionality uses data science to highlight the best freelancers and agencies based on their skills, helping you find talent that’s a good match.
  • We send you a shortlist of likely candidates. You can also search our site for specialized freelancers and professional agencies who can view your job and submit proposals too.

Will Upwork screen the proposals I receive?


We have several measures in place to ensure Upwork is a fair and reliable marketplace. We use multiple means to verify that freelancers and agencies are who they say they are. Information is also displayed that gives you a sense of each person’s skill level. In part, this includes:
  • Authenticating email addresses
  • Verifying identity through ID and video verification
  • Displaying Job Success scores and client feedback on past projects for every freelancer and agency
  • Providing results of online skills tests
Ultimately, it’s your responsibility to screen prospective freelancers and agencies to make sure their skills and experience meet the needs of your project. Custom screening questions can be included in your job post, and Upwork Messages provides chat and video conference tools for interviewing finalists.

Can Upwork help find freelancers and agencies for me?

With Upwork Business you get access to a team of dedicated advisors who can help you find quality talent faster and more affordably than traditional staffing providers.


There are lots of positions in lots of industries from admin support, customer service, and writing.https://www.upwork.com/hire/
Apr. 2, 2020 Workhoppers.com: I found this job site.  Pro: There are jobs in Canada.Con: However, some say "The company is seeking a local candidate only" like in the city.There are lots of jobs there, but I'm not qualified for like data analyst.
Apr. 18, 2020 Grocery shopping gig:
Shop for others and make money. Hey! I think you'd make a great Instacart shopper. It's a flexible way to earn money while shopping and delivering groceries with your own car, on your own schedule!




Apr. 20, 2020 Mystery Shopping Canada: This was a long time ago, back in 2015.  My friend Dan N. who I have known since 2005 in college, told me about this.  This is not a scam.  He makes like $60 a month.



I was researching my work from home jobs and there were mystery shoppers.



https://www.mscreporting.com/shopperSignup.asp

Apr. 23, 2020 Arise platform: I wrote about this website before:



https://badcb.blogspot.com/2020/03/arise-virtual-solutions-atac-ascension.html


There are other companies on this website, but the projects are the same.


ATAC and Exceptional Virtual Services Inc. has the same project about Reliance water heating company and booking appointments.


Exceptional Virtual Services said that they have Turbo Tax and Intuit which is seasonal and starts in Oct.




Localwork.ca: I found this website and looking for jobs in Edmonton.  There are 152 jobs, but they're mainly delivery drivers.





My week:

Sun. Apr. 26, 2020 Rachel Rhody's positive message: I was on my friend Heather's Facebook page and I found this.  I "liked" and "shared" this: 






I’ve been seeing so many friends seriously beating themselves up because they aren’t “maximizing” their time in quarantine by organizing their closets, repainting, developing a side hustle, becoming a piano virtuoso, exercising themselves into a lucrative career as a swimsuit model, etc.

Everybody! Seriously. Stop. And breathe. If you’re feeling adrift, there’s a reason. I’m about to drop some first semester nursing school on y’all. It’s Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Humans have basic requirements (the bottom of the pyramid) like food, water, air, shelter, sleep, etc. The biological basics. If those are met, then the next rung of the ladder is Safety and Security. If we feel safe and secure, then we can climb up and start on our Love and Belonging needs and on up the ladder we go until finally at the very tippy-top is SELF-ACTUALIZATION which would entail all of the cool aforementioned activities. The catch is, you cannot level up until the needs at the current level are fulfilled. If the needs remain unfulfilled, we remain stuck on our current level until the situation changes.

Friends, in the midst of a pandemic, we are dwelling in the basement of Maslow’s pyramid. How in the heck do you think you’re going to kick ass at the highest levels when we can’t even find toilet paper for Pete’s sake.

You physiologically and psychologically aren’t built to live your “best life” right now. Your only job is to live “a life” right now. A luxury that is being denied many which increases the pressure to really make every day count.

But listen.

Every day you are here counts.
Every breath you take counts.
Are you eating, drinking water, and sleeping at all these days? If so, that is a triumph right now.

Cut yourself ALL THE SLACK. Focus on the bottom level. Are you showering? Eating a vegetable once in a while? Getting some sunshine and fresh air? Keeping some semblance of a sleep schedule?

Start there. And be extra gentle and abundantly gracious with yourself. We’ll get through this. And right now, getting through is absolutely enough.

I love you all. Hang in there.

XXOO,
Rachel 

Mon. Apr. 27, 2020 Physical health: I have been listening and dancing to music for about 15 min. a day in the morning.   I have Telus on Demand and there is a "Healthy Living" section.  There is Zen TV and there are yoga and dance yoga videos I have done.  I tried some of their stretching videos.  There are Pilates videos I haven't tried yet.

Mental health: I always listen to some guided meditation videos on YouTube.



I am careful about reading the news.  If I see a headline and it's depressing, I skip that.



Watching TV: I only watch 2 hrs of TV a day and they are usually well-written dramas.  Or at least average dramas.

Household chores: I have been washing the lunch and dinner dishes daily since the quarantine.  I usually wash only the dinner dishes at night, because I work at my 2nd restaurant job in the day.

Today I raked some dead grass from the lawn because my mom told me to.  You have rake the dead grass, so the new green grass can grow.  P did this for an hr yesterday.


I raked for 30 min. in the morning.  I will be washing dishes and it will be 30 min.  So P and I did an equal amount of chores.

In the afternoon, my next door neighbor was raking the grass too.  I would do this in the morning when it's not too sunny and hot.  Or in the late evening like 4pm with the same conditions. 



Apr. 24, 2020 God Friended Me: I have been watching this show since it came out in fall 2018.  Here is an excerpt from an article: 



Though The Eye network did not reveal their reasons for axing the series, the show did see a noticeable dip in viewers in its second season. According to TVSeriesFinale, God Friended Me is currently the twelfth most-watched scripted series of NBC, with viewers down 26 percent in the key 18-49 demographic and down 20 percent in general viewing figures.

TVLine, however, noted another possible reason for the series' cancelation. Out of all CBS' scripted programs, God Friended Me has the smallest gain in viewers from DVR playback.


My opinion: I was surprised that this show got cancelled.  I watched both seasons, and they are consistently good in acting and writing.  This is a positive show where a group of friends help people and kind of solve mysteries.  I feel good after watching each episode.

Apr. 29, 2020 The season 2/ series finale: I watched it and it was very good.  There was a happy and tidy ending.  If the show somehow moved to another network or streaming platform, there is still a way for the show to go on.



Prodigal Son: I saw the season 1 finale.  The ending was surprising and gory.  This show was one of the best shows that came out in fall 2019 TV season.  I like crime procedurals.



https://ew.com/tv/prodigal-son-season-1-finale-preview/

May 2, 2020 Deputy: This show came out in mid- season 2020.  I saw the pilot and thought it was average.  I decided to record the whole season and watched it all in a couple of weeks.  They aired the last episode, and a week later I found out the show got cancelled.

I had low expectations because:

1. It's a American mid-season show and most mid- season shows are not that good.

2. If they are good, they end up getting cancelled because it's mid-season like Second Chance and The Family.

3. There are some American shows that come out mid-season and then get in the fall like Lucifer and The Resident, but that is an exception, and not the rule.

I saw the whole season and thought it was average.  There was a lot of good action like fights, car chases, and shootouts.


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8873996/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://www.thewrap.com/deputy-stephen-dorff-canceled-fox/

Council of Dads: I finally saw the pilot yesterday.  I thought this was just average.  This is from NBC who has This is Us.  I will record the episodes and watch this all in a couple of weeks.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9165830/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Taco Bell fries commercial: I like this commercial because it's like a action movie trailer, and I like action movies.  I also know the actor Grant Harvey in it.  He played the soldier Roy on the TV show The Crossing.  I remember seeing him on Criminal Minds and The Rookie:


If major motion pictures were actually made about deep-fried potato sticks with Mexican spices and ooey-gooey cheese, well, you couldn't do much better than the "coming attractions" depicted in these spots.

Now, "Supply & Demand" doesn't disappoint, races into the mix with adrenaline to spare, a worthy addition to the stylishly silly series:

"With each Nacho Fry campaign, we want people to question if these could be real films through casting, production level and scale," Deutsch LA creative director Jeremiah Wassom tells Muse. "We've found the trailers that resonate best are ones that reference many different styles rather than anything too specific. This time around, the moment was right for a new genre: the buddy fry film, leaning into the desperate lengths people will go to get their hands on Nacho Fries."

As it turns out, the spot's lead actors—Jon Chaffin and Grant Harvey—went to intriguing lengths themselves in the name of realism.

"We actually dangled Grant off the roof of a 28-story building, and Jon skillfully handled a speedboat—and a supercar, as it hurtled toward a truck," Wassom recalls.

Dudes merit seconds for such bodacious brand boosting. How about a sequel?
https://musebycl.io/film-tv/fries-furious-taco-bells-new-trailer-hits-small-screens

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2908492/?ref_=rvi_nm