Sunday, May 5, 2019

job interviews/ "Minneapolis officer convicted of murder in 911 caller death"

Mar. 14, 2019 Department store: This is for a loss prevention agent position.  I have never applied to this store or this position before.  I went to the company's website.

That's out of the box.  I went to an interview in Feb, 2019.

Pros:

1. It was one bus (1hr ride) to get there.

2. The hours are full-time (the site says).  It's 25 hrs a week, so it's more part-time.

3. There is a discount like 20% off.

4. They give you the schedule one week ahead.

Cons:

1. I need a security license.

2. After I got all the info at the interview, I thought the position was kind of boring.  I told them I was more interested in the sales associate position.  They will keep my resume on file.

My opinion: I would work at the store as a sales associate.

Big chain full- service restaurant: I went to an interview in Feb. 2019.

Pros:

1. It was in downtown.

2. There are tips.

Cons: None.

It was a group interview.  There are like 4 bosses and they each interview a group of 5 people at a table for about 8 min.

They asked questions like:

How do you throw a party?

What is passion?

What is value?

My opinion: There was rapport during the interview.  However, you can see it was competitive because there were like 20 people at the front-of- house interviews and 20 people at the back-of- house interviews.

I would work there if I got hired.

Foot clinic:  I went to an interview in Feb. 2019.

Pros:

1. It was easy to get like 1 bus.

2. It was full-time like Mon.-Fri.

3. It was $16/hr.

4. The duties are administrative of answering phones, and payments, and insurance.



Cons: 

1. It seems kind of hard.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.


Bakery: I went to an interview in Mar. 2019.

Pros:

1. It was easy to get to like 1 bus.

2. The pay was $15/hr and there is 50% off discount on the food.

3. The hr were part-time like 3 days a week.  It was daytime.  

4. The duties were phone orders, email orders, and typing in the credit card number.

The summer is very busy.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  The boss was really nice and she offered me a free cupcake. It was very sweet.  I think she offered it to me because it was getting close to closing time.

Apr. 6, 2019 Downtown Café: I went to an interview in Mar. 2019.

Pros:

1. It was in downtown.

2. The hours are 9am-2pm.

3. The pay is $15/hr.

4. I can do the job of serving customers and handling cash.

Cons:

1. It seems like the boss was looking for someone with barista experience and can make a cappuccino and espresso.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

May 2, 2019 Home furnace call centre: I wrote about this place before.  I described the place as a dump.  I then stayed away from there after that job interview.  When I see that job ad, address, or company name, I don't apply.

However, last month I saw a job ad, and it didn't mention the company name or address so I applied there.  I then got a call from the boss who told me about the job.  I then remembered it.

Tracy: Yeah, I was there before.  The manager there said I wasn't a good fit for the job.
Boss: I don't know about that.  I will have to call and talk to him about it, and I will get back to you.

He never called back.  That's fine.  I was there a yr ago, and I really doubt they would remember it.

My week:

Sun. Apr. 28, 2019 Work: It was kind of busy.

Mon. Apr. 29, 2019 Julia Michaels: She is a singer and I love her song "Issues."  It's a beautiful song and I can do a contemporary dance routine to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ke4480MicU&list=PLmLp2oCES1MAj-DKUQoE3fANcjp3eLGXk&index=1

Julia Michael's song "Heaven":




Model's name are
- Matthew vande vegte
-Trey Anderson
-Bryan tanaka


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHTYg-rOAg&list=PLmLp2oCES1MAj-DKUQoE3fANcjp3eLGXk&index=4

My opinion: The only guy I liked in it was Matthew Vande Vegte.

https://www.instagram.com/mattvandevegte/?hl=en

Bryan Tanaka saving Mariah Carey from falling on stage (Butterfly returns):

Here's an unintentionally funny video.  

Carey is singing "Fantasy" while sitting on a red block.  
Tanaka is pushing the box, and she falls off.  
He catches her.  lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__LAUOeKru4

"Minneapolis officer convicted of murder in 911 caller death":

Last week I went to a job fair at a fast food Asian restaurant, and I passed my resume, filled an application and got to talk to the boss.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minneapolis police officer was convicted of third-degree murder Tuesday in the fatal shooting of an unarmed woman who approached his squad car minutes after calling 911 to report a possible rape, a rare guilty verdict for an officer asserting he faced a life-or-death situation.

Mohamed Noor was also found guilty of manslaughter in the July 2017 death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond , a 40-year-old dual citizen of the U.S. and Australia whose death bewildered and angered people in both countries.

Noor, a two-year veteran who testified that he shifted to policing from a career in business because he "always wanted to serve," was acquitted of the most serious charge of intentional second-degree murder.

Minnesota sentencing guidelines call for up to 15 years on the murder conviction and nearly five years on the manslaughter conviction, although judges aren't bound by the guidelines and can impose much lower sentences.

Noor was handcuffed and taken into custody immediately despite his attorney's request that he be free on bond. He'll be sentenced June 7. He showed no visible emotion and did not look back at his family, but his wife was crying.

Members of Damond's family, also in the courtroom, showed no evident emotion.

Besides the tragic circumstances of the shooting, the case carried elements of race and immigration. Damond, 40, was white; Noor, 33, is among the many Somali immigrants who settled in Minnesota after coming to America due to civil war in his home country. His hiring was celebrated by city leaders eager to diversify the police force in a city rich in immigrants; after he was charged, he was fired.

The verdict came swiftly, with the jury deliberating about 11½ hours over two days.

Damond's father, John Ruszczyk, said the family was satisfied. He said the jury's decision reflected respect for the rule of law and the sanctity of life.

"Justine was killed by a police officer, an agent of the state," he said. "We believe he was properly charged with a crime."

Ruszczyk also bitterly criticized police, saying the family believes "the conviction was reached despite the active resistance of a number of Minneapolis police officers, including the head of the union, and either active resistance or gross incompetence" by state investigators early on.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/deliberations-resume-case-officer-killed-woman-044702384.html

West Edmonton mall: I passed out 10 resumes there.  1 of the stores was hiring.



Tues. Apr. 30, 2019 Restaurant: I saw an ad on Kijiji to go to this restaurant for a job fair.  I went there to pass my resume and fill out an application.  I thought I was going to be interviewed by a boss, but they said they were just taking resumes.

Wed. May 1, 2019 Job interviews: I went to a job interview in the morning.  My dad drove me there.

I then went to a job interview in the afternoon and I took a bus there. 

Thurs. May 2, 2019: I went to a job interview at noon.  It was like a 25 min. interview.  I then took the bus home.  I was at home for 20 min.  I then took a bus to another interview.

Apr. 24, 2019 Luke Mitchell: I wrote about him before.  He plays Roman on Blindspot.  He is now on the military law drama called The Code.

Here is another fan video.  Ships For Life made this:

45 sec in the song "Issues" by Julia Michaels comes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o10lhhfmfo8

Here is the video a fan made.  It shows the first fight scene Roman ever did on Blindspot.  It was also the first episode he was on "In Night so Ransomed Rogue."



The 17 sec-35 seconds is the best part where he takes down 6 cops in quick succession.  He then takes down one more in the 50 sec part.

The rap song is "Remember the name" by Fort Minor.  There is a violin in the background music.


May 2, 2019 Theo James: Here is a fan video of him on the TV show Golden Boy.  The song "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor is in here.  You may know him from the Divergent movies.

Song: It was kind of funny at dinner yesterday.  I was talking to P about the song "Remember the Name."

Tracy: I don't know if you ever heard of that song.
P: Yeah, I have.
Tracy: What?  Really?
P: Yeah, one of the guys from Linkin Park did that song.  It's like when Joe Jonas from the Jonas Brothers went and created the band DNCE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Minor
The highlight of the week: 
Job interviews: I attended 7 job interviews this week.  This is the most I have ever attended.  It beat the last record of 5 interviews in a week in Jan. 2018.  

No comments: