Sunday, February 10, 2019

Red/ Red 2/ Now You See Me/ Hannibal

Dec. 13, 2018 Red: I saw this movie in Sept. 2016.


"When his peaceful life is threatened by a high-tech assassin, former black-ops agent Frank Moses reassembles his old team in a last ditch effort to survive and uncover his assailants."

Why?: It was an action movie and I had free time.

Pros:

1. Good cast:

Bruce Willis as Frank Moses.

Mary- Louise Parker- as Sarah Ross.

Morgan Freeman as Joe.

John Malkovich as Marvin.

Helen Mirren as Victoria.

2. There is good action.

There was a good opening with a huge shoot out.  Explosions.

3. The characters are traveling all over the world.

4. There is good writing with lots of drama, conflict, and tension as these old agents are getting killed.

Spoiler alert: There was a fire in an office to smoke out Frank.  A firefighter carries a man out and they check if it's Frank.  It's not him.  The camera pans up and Frank is dressed as a firefighter.

There is a good reason why the agents are killed.

Spoiler alert: Stanton is now the VP and wants to kill the agents involved in the mission to hide the fact that he got villages of people killed.

5. There is a big party where the mission is held at the end.

Cons: None.

Would you watch it again?: It was average.  There is a low chance I would watch it again.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245526/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Red 2: I saw this movie in Oct. 2016.

"Retired C.I.A. Agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device."


Pros:

1. The cast is the same from the first movie.

Catherine Zeta- Jones as Katja.

Byung- Hun Lee as the assassin Han.

2. I like the opening credits because of the comics.

3. There is good action with a shootout.

There is a car chase scene in Europe.  There are motorcycles too.

4. Good dialogue:

Marvin: Share your feelings to evolve your relationship, even if it seems uncomfortable at first.  

Victoria: To make a relationship work, neither of you give up who you are.

I will put that in my inspirational quotes.


5. There is lots of creative writing and plans.

They enter tunnels and mental asylums.

Cons: None.

Would you watch it again?: It was average.  There is a low chance I would watch it again.  If you like action comedy, you'll like this.


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821694/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Dec. 21, 2018 Now You See Me: I saw this move in Jul. 2016.

"An F.B.I. Agent and an Interpol Detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances, and reward their audiences with the money."

Why?: I like action movies.

Pros:

1. The cast:

Jesse Eisenberg- the magic cards guy Daniel.

Woody Harrelson as a hypnotist Merrit.

Isla Fisher as Henley who disappears.

Dave Franco as Jack who can unlock things.

Mark Ruffalo as Rhodes, the FBI agent.

Morgan Freeman as Bradley who is an Interpol agent.

Michael Caine as Arthur the benefactor.

2. There is very creative writing like how they pull off a huge heist.

There are twists and turns to the magic shows.

It's unpredictable.

3. It is fun and entertaining to watch.

4. There is good action like a chase scene with running on the streets.  It's crazy.

There are fight scenes.

There is also a car chase scene.

5. Good dialogue: "Magic is deception to delight, entertain, inspire belief, faith, and trust."

Cons: None.

Would you watch it again?: It was average.  There is a low chance I would watch it again.  I wouldn't mind watching the sequel.


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1670345/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1


Dec. 24, 2018 Hannibal: I saw this movie in Mar. 2017.

"Living in exile, Hannibal Lecter tries to reconnect with now disgraced F.B.I. Agent Clarice Starling, and finds himself a target for revenge from a powerful victim."

Why?: I like serious topics about serial killers like Criminal Minds.

Pros:

1. There is a good cast with good acting from: 

Julianne Moore as Agent Starling.

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal.

Gary Oldman plays the bad guy/ powerful victim Verger who wants to torture and kill Hannibal.

2. Good writing with lots of drama, conflict, and tension.

It is dark and disturbing as Veger plans on killing Hannibal.

Hannibal is also a cannibal.

There are quite a few disturbing scenes towards the end.

3. I like the scene where a pick pocket is following Hannibal.  That is probably the best scene I like in the movie.

Cons: 

1. It was too long.  At least for me.

2. It was kind of boring.  At least for me.

Would you want to watch it again?: It was an average movie.  There is a low chance I would watch it again.  I wouldn't want to watch the sequels.


However, I was able to watch one episode from the TV show based on movie.  It was the episode "Mukozuke" where it starred Jonathan Tucker.  It was a very good episode.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230890/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_14

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212985/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Feb. 3, 2019 Friend's opinion: I was talking to my friend Sherry about these movies.

She thought the Red and Red 2 were well done.

She didn't like Silence of the Lambs, so she's not going to watch Hannibal.

My week:

Sun. Feb. 3, 2019 Work: Today was quiet.  There was a table of 5, and there are 3 little kids.  Another came to pick up food.   I know it's going to be quiet because:

1. It was very cold outside.
2. It was the Super bowl.

Mon. Feb. 4, 2019: I worked a bit.

Tues. Feb. 5, 2019: I got called in to work at my first restaurant job because there was a big reservation.  I worked and got to go home before we closed.

Wed. Feb. 6, 2019 Dare brand cookies: I tried these chocolate covered marshmallow cookies that I bought from Shoppers Drug Mart.

Whippet originals: 250 grams for $2.50.
Wagon wheels: 315 grams for $2.50.

My opinion: They both taste good.  However, now I that see the math, the Wagon wheels are the good deal.

Thurs. Feb. 7, 2019 Work: Today I worked at my 2nd restaurant job (the casual, on- call) job.  It was very busy.
Fri. Feb. 8, 2019 Work: It was the same as yesterday.

The highlight of the week:

Work: I got to work more this week.

Jennifer Riley: I listened to her.  She is a Wealth Consciousness coach.  This video may not be on after I post this.

Your Year of Prosperity: 


This video of hers will be there:


Blogger Help forum: Blogger is making changes.

"Did I upgrade my blog template correctly?"

Tracy:

Hi 

I have a blog called Tracy's blog at www.badcb.blogspot.ca

Google says:

"Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice."

Today is Feb. 7, 2019: I upgraded or at least changed my template.

Is my blog safe?

Do I still need to update my template?

Did I do it right?

This blog is very important to me.  I hope you email me back at rebel3496@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Adam the Apple Blogger said:

hi Tracy,

You are fine.

You do not have a custom template, period, let alone one with G+ features.


I said:

Hi Adam

Thank you very much.  May you please check my other one www.thevertexfighter.blogspot.ca?

I didn't change the template at all.  Do I need to?

Thanks.

Adam the Apple Blogger said:

That one is fine too.

Unless you have made or commissioned some unusual customizations to your blog, involving mucking about with the theme xml, this "please note if...." note does not affect you.


No comments: