Sunday, December 9, 2018

job interviews/ Metallica donates to food banks

Oct. 27, 2018 Veterinarian hospital: I went to an interview this month.

Pros:

1. It was close by.  It was 2 buses to get to it.

2. The hours are full-time like Mon. -Fri. 8am-4pm.

3. I can do the job with answering phones, greeting clients, and scheduling appointments.

Cons:

1. It did seem hard.  There is medical terminology to learn.

There is one vet and one receptionist.  It can get very busy with a big workload and stress.

The vet mentions these other things I didn't think of prior to the interview:

There are big dogs and they can be aggressive.  If you had experience in animal handling, you can work there.

There are dead animals and pet owners are crying.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  I probably wouldn't last very long.  The vet is probably looking for someone with medical terminology, and knowing lots about pets.

Auto company:  I went to an interview this month.

Pros:

1. It was close by with 2 buses.  Well 1 bus came by frequently and the other didn't.

2. The pay was $15/hr.

3. The duties are answering phones.  There are lots of orders to ship, process paperwork, and assisting sales people.

Cons: 

1. This is a mild con.  I am not that interested in cars and car products.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

Nov. 3, 2018 Home installation place #3: I went to an interview here last month.

Pros:

1. It was close by like 2 buses.

2. The hours are full-time.

3. The pay is $26/hr.  There is health and dental insurance.

4. I have worked at a home installation place before, so there is relevant experience.  I answer phones, schedule appointments, open the place, go through emails, etc.

Cons:

1. It seems kind of hard where there are walk-in customers and emails where I have to find parts, and fill out work orders.   

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

Nov. 5, 2018 Home installation place #4: They called me last night (a Sun. night) and it's rare for people to call me on the weekends to set up an interview.   They called me again this morning.

Pros:

1. It was close by like 2 buses.

2. The hours are full-time like 8am-5pm.

3. I can do the job of answering phones.

4. I got the interview because I worked at home installation place #1.

Cons:

1. They were looking for someone who is a receptionist and can do accounting and payroll like QuickBooks.  They wanted someone who can do both.  They may hire someone who is a receptionist and 2nd person to be the accountant.

The guy who interviewed me said the person who worked here for 5 yrs, then quit by giving 2 weeks notice.  The owner is away and the guy who interviewed me will tell her about me and the interview.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  I have low expectations that I will get hired.  Maybe they will find someone who can be a receptionist and accounting. 

Nov. 12, 2018 Flooring company:

Pros:

1. It was 2 buses to get there.  It was far, but both buses came frequently.

2. The hours are Mon. -Fri. 9am-5pm.  There are times I may have to stay until 6pm.

3. The pay was $15/hr.

4. The duties were phone calls and emails.  I put in the orders, schedule installments, call back the clients after the estimates.

There is only 1 sales guy and he's the owner.

There are 2 weeks of training.

Cons:

1. It seems kind of hard.

I have to learn a lot about flooring.

I have to know a lot about QuickBooks because that's where all the sales and contracts are.

A client will want the installations done on these dates, and then I have to call the subcontractors to book the time.  However, the subcontractors may say they're busy and then I have to call the client back and schedule another time.

The sales guy will often be outside the office and seeing clients.

There will be 2 weeks of training.  The job will start next month.

My opinion: I don't really think I'm a good fit for the job.  I would try it out at least. 

My week:


Sun. Dec. 2, 2018 Work: Today Ca didn't come to work because the roads were bad because of the big snowfall.  She lives in Spruce Grove, so she can't bus here.

That's fine because there were only 6 customers.

Quit: 

N- who worked as a hostess and quit after 6 months.  She got a job at another restaurant.  She came by today. 

I write down who and how many people quit since I worked at this restaurant job.  It's 100 people.  I'm sure some of you guys are like: "You keep track of that?"

Well I do keep track of the important things like:

Money:

How much money I make
How much money I save
How much money I spend

Jobs:

Where I apply to
How many jobs I applied to
How many interviews I attend

Liquor store: This is the first time I did this, but I applied to a liquor store.  It was inside a mall so it's safe.  I have Pro-Serve so I can work here.

Mon. Dec. 3, 2018 Crabtree and Evelyn closing down:

MONTREAL — Beauty and home products retailer Crabtree and Evelyn Canada Inc. is closing its stores and has filed for bankruptcy protection.

In Quebec court filings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, the company says it plans to begin liquidating inventory, so it can distribute the proceeds to creditors.

The company employs 123 full- and part-time employees in Canada and operates 19 stores, including 11 in Ontario, six in B.C. and one each in Alberta and Quebec.

The company says it has experienced "significant losses," which it attributed to changing consumer demand, the rise of e-commerce and long-term declines in traditional retail traffic.

The filings also show the company's assets consist primarily of $1.3 million in inventory and $300,000 in its wholesale accounts receivable.

The company says it has accrued $15.2 million in unpaid obligations, including $14.8 million in inventory-related costs and about $24,000 in employee vacations.
My opinion: I know the West Ed mall closed down.  There is still a Southgate mall location you can shop at.

Tues. Dec. 4, 2018 Ben Moss Jewellery closed: Does anyone remember this store closing down in 2016?  Does anyone remember Charm Diamond bought the remaining stores?

The website is here so you can buy online:



Michael Anthony Jewelers: This store closed down, but the website is here so you can buy online.


Charm Diamond store closed in Kingsway mall:


There is still Charm Diamond open in West Ed mall.   I guess I'm writing about this because I went to a job interview at a jewellery store last week.

I have attended a few interviews at jewellery stores over the years, but I never got hired.

Dec. 5, 2018 Metallica donates to food banks:

One of the world’s most famous rock bands is ensuring that there is food for all in the cities on their tour.

American heavy metal band Metallica has been donating thousands of dollars to food banks on every stop of their WorldWired tour.

The donations are being made through the band’s All Within My Hands Foundation.

The band recently made headlines for their $10,000 donation to the Utah Food Bank, which will be “enough to provide 30,000 meals to Utahns facing hunger”, says the charity.

Though the foundation is very consistently donating large amounts of their concert ticket and merch sales, they also made a $50,000 donation to benefit California wildfire victims earlier this month.

Icebreaker: This is a new outdoor clothing store for men and women at West Ed mall.

Dec. 7, 2018 Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt: I went to Northgate Mall for an interview and I see the Tutti Frutti closed down.

I went to Whyte Ave for an interview, and I see the Tutti Frutti on 82 Ave closed down.

You can go on the internet to confirm it.  Also the one at Londonderry closed down. 

The Mist Lounge: I checked out the place on Whyte Ave.  The place looks good and modern.  I went in to look at the menu.  They were playing the music really loud so I wouldn't be able to enjoy my food.

Olly Fresco in City Centre: All the hot and cold buffet food is 50% off after 2pm only on Fri.

Dec. 8, 2018 Job interviews: I went to 3 interviews this week: A clothing store, a escape room, and a fast food place. 


Christmas and holiday feng shui:


No comments: