Sunday, December 2, 2018

job interviews/ Me to We shop

Oct. 8, 2018 Car dealership job interview: I went to the interview in Sept. 2018.

Pros:

1. It was close by like 2 buses.

2. The hours were full-time like Mon.-Fri. 11am-7pm.  Sat. too.

3. The pay was $15-17/hr.

4. I can do the job of phoning and emailing customers.  It's about car maintenance, air conditioning.  There is filing and creating a file for the customer and their finances.

It's like a call centre position with inbound and outbound calls.

Cons:

1. It may be too hard where I have to get 3 or 4 credit applications a day.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  They said they were going to call either today or tomorrow.  I was really hoping I would get hired.

They were planning on hiring 3 people so they can train them all at once.

Financial corporation: I went to an interview this month.

Pros:

1. It was close by like 1 bus.

2. It was full-time.

3. The pay was $15-17/hr.

4. I can do the job with files, funds, set up loans and foreclose properties.

5. There was this test of 50 multiple choice questions in 12 min.  I did the English questions first and then the math ones.

There were good interview questions like:

What is your learning style?

How would we know you are struggling?

Cons:

1. It seems kind of hard.  They mentioned the computer programs were Elsum, Dolphin, and T Value.  I have never heard of it before.

There are lots of forms, procedures, and it's very busy.

Oct. 20, 2018 Financial corporation 2nd interview: They called me back.

The 2nd interviewer asked these questions:

How do you manage stress?

How do you multitask?

Tell me about a time you have went above and beyond for a customer?

The company is a private lender.  They finance people who are high-risk like have filed for bankruptcy.  The rates are higher.

It's a pool of investors and they put money in a mortgage pool and lend that money to lenders.

Cons: The job is a mortgage administrator and you have to complete the mortgage administrator course here:

Real Estate Council Alberta:

https://www.reca.ca/

Dermatology clinic: I went to an interview here this month.  The interview was held at a different office than the clinic.  I got an email to come to this group interview on one of these 3 days.

Pros:

1. The hours are good.

2. The pay was $17/hr.

3. There are the usual duties of answering phones, data entry, bookings.  However, there may be some selling of cosmetic surgery like botox.

Cons:

1. It turns out the location was really far away for me.  However, the interview was a good experience.

My opinion: I was of 10 women to be at the interview.  We were asked one question:

What make you the right choice for this company?  

My answer was my relevant experience at the home installation place, and the call centres.

The office: The interview was held at a house that was turned into an office.  It got nice hardwood floors.  The desks with computers, and big TV screens on the wall with the computer screens on it.

It seemed like a good place to live and work.

Oct. 23, 2018 College catering job: I went to an interview here a few months ago.

Pros:

1. It was close by like 2 buses.

2. The hours seem to vary.  On Sun. the employees give their availability.  The boss will email schedule on Thurs. or Fri.

3. The pay is min. wage and their will be gratuities.  The gratuities will be split up by how many hours you work, and not functions.

4. The tasks are set up, closing, getting coffee for 10 people or banquet dinners for 100 people.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  This interview did lead me to another interview at the school.


My week:

Sun. Nov. 25, 2018 Work: Today there were 22 customers.  One table of 10 walked in, and one table of 8 walked in.

I was calm and my co-workers noticed.

Quit: In the summer time:

T- he was a busser for 2 months and then stopped coming to work.

M- she was a server for 2 yrs and quit.  She's in university.

H- she is M's friend.  She was a server and worked for 2 yrs and quit soon after M did.

K- she was a busser and was fired.  I heard she moved and got a job at another restaurant.

In the fall:

J- he was a manager for 6 months and was fired.

H- he is a busser who worked for a month and then stopped coming to work.

A- he was a boss for years.  Now he will moving to another restaurant where the old worker F owns the place.

S- he was working in another department for 3 yrs.  He got more hours at his other restaurant.

Grey Cup: I don't care about football, but I read in the Edmonton Journal that it increased business for hotels and restaurants.

Black Friday: I didn't go shopping, but that also increased business for my restaurant.

The stores that are closed and are now open: I wrote about last week that the King Tut's Emporioum at West Ed mall was boarded up.

Today I was there, and now it's open.

I also wrote that the Dollarama on Stony Plain Road closed down.  Now I see that it's moved to where the Dollar Tree was at Jasper Gates.

West Ed Mall: 

1. The Dollar Store with More opened.
2. Bailey Nelson- a glasses store opened.
3. Roots store moved to a bigger location in the mall.
4. West 49 outlet opened.
5. Bombay is closing down, so go buy furniture there if you want to.

Alder room closed down: This restaurant closed down, and their furniture and paintings are displayed for sale.

Here's a review from Nov. 4, 2017:
Tues. Nov. 27, 2018 Giving Tuesday: There is Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Giving Tuesday which is about donating to charity.

Me to We shop: You can buy gifts like jewellery and chocolate, and the money will be donated to charity.


Salvation Army accepts credit card donations: 


Judge Jerry: Jerry Springer will get his own court show I won't be watching it.

Nov. 29, 2018 Vue Weekly closed down: I never really read this newspaper.  I'm not sure if I even applied there.  I know I applied to the Edmonton Journal, Metro, and Avenue magazine.

Does anyone remember See magazine?  It turns out Vue and See merged together.

Dec. 1, 2018 24 News: Does anyone remember this newspaper in Edmonton?  It closed down in 2013 and the orange news boxes are removed.

Job interviews: I went to 3 interviews this week.  A jewellery store, a clothing store, and a cafĂ©.

Getting hired on phone interviews: Last week I saw a bit of The Social because it was about job interviews.

The hosts and Twitter comments about the pros and cons of hiring only based on phone and not in-person.

Pros:

1. There is less bias on race and looks, and you are basing solely on skills and talking.

Cons:

1. You don't really get to know the person, until you meet this person face-to-face.

2. You may be bad at talking on the phone.

My opinion: You can give phone interviews as a pre-screening process.  I do a lot of phone interviews where they pre-screen you by asking preliminary questions before inviting you in-person.  I like phone interviews, because I would be less nervous.

Coconut milk: I found some can in the pantry and tried it.  I drank half of it.  It didn't taste good.  I checked the expiry date.  It can be used for cooking cookies and curry.

Magic Eye: I'm listening to Anahita Joon talk about beauty and wardrobe to raise your vibrations.  It's positive.

She mentions Magic Eye where you see look at this picture of patterns and see the hidden picture.

I remember way back in 2008 I was working at the Soup place and Meghan from Professional Writing came by.

Meghan: I can never see those and it always pisses me off.

I can't see it either.

No comments: