Thursday, September 6, 2018

job interviews/ Meek Mills donates school supplies

Jul. 11, 2018 Home furnace call centre job interview: I'm going to write about it so I can deal with it and move on.

Pros:

1. It was 1 bus to get to.

2. The pay was $13.60/hr.  There were bonuses.

3. The hrs were good.  You can work from 9am-1pm, there are afternoon and evening shifts.

4. I can do the job because it's a call centre.

Cons:

1. The mild con was that it was like that Lawn Company phone interview.  The guy on the phone there said it was calling people to set up appointments like this job is.

When I was talking to the Lawn Company, I know the job was not going to go very well.  I didn't go to the interview because it was 2 buses to get there.

I went to the Home Furnace place because it was 1 bus to get there.

2. The major con was the office was dreary and run down.  The fluorescent lights were dim.  I like feng shui and interior design.  However, you don't have to be interested in those things for you to feel this place was dreary.

I don't care if the office is not nice and modern.  This is a call centre and it's not open to the public.  If it's a doctor or dentist's office, it has to be nice.  I have worked at lots of call centres and they can be very plain.  

I would say: This office was a dump.

3. Some of you would say this is a mild or major con: The boss said: "I've been here for a long time and I see your attitude is not a right fit."

Mild: Well it's his opinion and perspective.  This is one person's opinion of you at one job.

Major: He did not give you a real good chance so you can show and prove yourself.

My opinion: I would work there to give it a shot.  You never know until you try.  

It's not like I'm really missing out on a good job opportunity.

Jul. 31, 2018 Tech call centre rep: I did an interview a few weeks ago.

Pros: 

1. It was close by like 1 bus.

2. The hours are good like 7am-9pm.

3. It was $14/hr.  There is a bonus and commission where you sell equipment.  It's mainly tech support of "troubleshooting and repairing devices and alarm systems."  It is setting appointments.

There is billing and open and cancel accounts.

4. The office is nice and modern.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  I really saw myself and told them I was a fit because of my Office Job in 2013 where I did similar duties.  I also worked at call centres where I call people to do surveys so that added to my experience.

I later called them and emailed them if they had made a decision yet.  They didn't call back.

Cleaning Company call centre: I did this interview a couple of weeks ago.

Pros: 

1. It was 2 buses to get to, and one of them was a bus that didn't come often.

2. The hours are good like 8:30am-5pm.

3. The duties are a call centre and it's where I call companies to set appointments for the cleaning company sales reps to come and give a quote.

3. The pay was fine with a commission: 5% of total amount of billing.

4. The office is nice and modern.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

Aug. 1, 2018 Phone sales rep: I then went to this interview in the afternoon after the above one.

Pros:

1. It was 2 buses to get to.  It was in the west end.

2. The pay was $15/hr.  There is commission of selling ad space on websites.

The first 3 days is training.  It's 1 hr a day so 3hrs in total.  It's 100% commission.

3. They also donate to charity.  A business buys an ad, and 60 meals go to the Food Bank.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I didn't really want to work here.  I already worked 1 day at the Phone Sales Rep job in Jan. and it was 100% commission.  I already worked 2 days at Telemarketer #3 and was dismissed for not selling anything. 

Greek restaurant: 

Pros:

1. It was easy to get to, 1 bus.

2. The hours are full-time and daytime.  

3. The thing is $200 in sales, and 2% of it goes to the kitchen.  On average $50 tips.

4. I can do the job of serving, cleaning, and prepping for nights.

Cons:

1. I would be working alone.  I am the only server, though there will be 2 cooks in the back.

My opinion: I would work there at least to try it out.

Aug. 20, 2018 Arise: I was looking for a job on Kijiji and found this work-from-home company.


https://www.ariseworkfromhome.com/costs/

I looked at the Glass Door reviews and you have to pay for training.  That is the con that appears the most.

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Reviews/Arise-pay-for-training-Reviews-EI_IE31617.0,5_KH6,22.htm

My week:

Aug. 30, 2018 Adjust and adapt to schedule: 

On Tues. Aug. 28, 2018, there was supposed to be a social event, but then it got cancelled.  It was planned 2 weeks ago and that one was cancelled too.

That afternoon, I got a text to come to work on Wed. night.  I agreed to it.

On Wed. Aug. 29, 2018: I got a text that I didn't have to come to work that night.

On Thurs. Aug. 30, 2018: I turned on the computer and the internet and computer weren't working.  I then went on my old computer to do a bit of my job search.

Now it's working.

I got a text from my 2nd restaurant job to come to work tomorrow.  I agreed to work.

TV shows I watch and when they'll be on:

1. Arrow- Oct. 15
2. Blindspot- Oct.12
3. Criminal Minds Oct. 3
4. Riverdale Oct. 10
5. This is Us- Sept. 25

I'm getting excited about new TV shows this fall:

The Purge: This TV show comes out Sept. 4.  I have never seen the movies, though I want to check out one.  I'll check out this pilot.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6110648/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

A Million Little Things
FBI
Charmed
Manifest
The Rookie

They all seem to be coming out in the 4th week of Sept.  I will have to write about other TV shows and movies to mitigate my excitement.

Aug. 31, 2018 Meek Mills donates school supplies:



As the children of Philadelphia make their way back to the classrooms for a new school year, Meek Mill is doing his part to make sure they have school supplies. Teaming up with Fanatics, Milano Di Rouge and Puma, the "Stay Woke" rapper is donating over 6,000 backpacks full of school supplies to low-income students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade.


“Growing up in Philly, I’ve watched families struggle to make ends meet and buy basic school supplies for their kids,” Meek said. “Those memories stay with me and that’s why I’m committed to giving back to families in my hometown, putting smiles on kids’ faces and helping them start the school year on the right note with the right supplies.”

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/08/meek-mill-donates-over-6000-backpacks-school-supplies-philadelphia-students/

Homeless woman saves the day!: I found this on Facebook.  A homeless woman gives money to a homeless guy.  Persin was pretending to be homeless, and he tells her that this is a social experiment and he gives her money.

The message at the end: It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.

Mark Hamill praises bullied kid:

And that's exactly what 10-year-old Aiden Vazquez did when he was face-to-face with violent bullies at his Desert Hot Springs, California, school.

Aiden was hospitalized after bullies reportedly called him names, punched him in the face and stole his backpack at school on Monday. He left with several stitches to close a wound above his eyebrow.

When Aiden's mom asked why he didn't defend himself, the boy explained he was inspired by Jedi characters, according to ABC News.

He said he got the idea from Star Wars, and that fighting violence with violence is "not the Jedi way," she said. 

Star Wars actor Mark Hamill heard about the story and commended the young fan on Twitter for his bravery.
"I'm so proud of you for showing that you can be a Jedi in real life," Hamill tweeted to Vazquez on Wednesday. "Congratulations, Aiden - The Force will be with YOU... Always!!! Your fan, mh."

https://www.cnet.com/news/mark-hamill-praises-bullied-kid-for-following-the-jedi-way/


Lookalikes: I emailed my co-worker V on Facebook:

Tracy: Hi V you know how I asked you "Who do you want to play you in a movie?"  Well today I thought you look more like Ryan Gosling.
V: Oh yeah that's actually pretty accurate. Thanks

V had said he wanted Tom Hardy to play him.

Jack Reynor: I was reading the newspaper and it mentions how he looks like Chris Pratt:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2930503/


The highlight of the week (Aug. 24-31): I went to 2 job interviews, one at a law office and the other at a dental office.  I did phone interview too.

Divergent: I would have to say this is the best thing all week.  I finally watched it after recording it on my DVR last yr.

"In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/?ref_=nv_sr_1

There are parts that I didn't like, but I would say overall it was good.

Theo James: The best part of it was this actor who played Four.  I remember when he was on that 2013 TV show called Golden Boy.  It was an average pilot, he was good looking and it was a crime drama.  However,  I saw the pilot and I never watched it . again. 

He is good looking in the handsome and pretty way.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3772243/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Sept. 1, 2018 Insurgent: A couple of days later I watched this movie because it was saved onto my DVR.  I liked it. 

Homeless man gets money: I read a National Post article about the homeless man who can't get Go Fund Me money, and now he can.  He has a lawyer and a judge will appoint a guardian for the account.


Sept. 3, 2018 Editions Outlet Gallery closing: This store that sells paintings at West Ed mall is closing.

Sept. 4, 2018 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: I have seen the first movie in 2012 on dvd.  It was good.  The second one is good too.

I am comparing The Hunger Games and Divergent series about a young woman living in the dystopia future and making a change to the system and bringing down the bad leader.  I would say I am leaning to liking Divergent a bit more.  However, I would have to watch the remaining movies to make a full judgement.

Sept. 5, 2018 Joshua Boyle: Today I found this article about why he was in Afghanistan.  I had mentioned before wanting to know why he and his wife were in a war zone:

Boyle insists Coleman knew he intended to go to Afghanistan — a trip designed to further his journalistic ambitions.
“We crossed into Afghanistan for a short while in hopes that I could meet people who could give me a story I could write about,” he says in his affidavit. “I had hoped that personal experience in Afghanistan might help me to land more permanent journalism work.”
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ex-hostage-american-caitlan-coleman-accuses-canadian-husband-joshua-boyle-of-abuse-in-court-documents

No comments: