Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It was a living nightmare

I was tortured in prison in Syria before being freed. Please donate today.


 
Dear Tracy,

For two years, I was imprisoned and tortured in Syria.
It was a living nightmare for me, but also for my family. I believe that I’m alive today because of the thousands of Amnesty supporters, like you, who worked tirelessly to rescue me ten years ago.

Please make a donation to Amnesty International this holiday season and help bring home others who are still unjustly separated from their loved ones.
In 2002, I was arrested while visiting my family in Syria. Canadian officials falsely told the Syrians that I was involved in terrorist activities – something completely made up. I was psychologically and physically tortured, and held in grave-like solitary confinement cell.

I almost lost hope I would be released.

But Amnesty International supporters like you in Canada and around the world refused to give up and campaigned to bring me home.

I will always remember the happiness of arriving in Canada to be reunited with my family.
Tracy, please donate this holiday season so that Amnesty International  can keep working to reunite families like mine.

 
 
Watch this special video message from myself, filmmaker John Greyson (imprisoned without cause in Egypt), and Marina Nemat about our traumatic experiences of unjust imprisonment and abuse.

We need your help so that Amnesty International can keep working to free other wrongfully imprisoned men and women around the world, and help make sure that we end torture, everywhere, and forever.

You can help other people like me who are imprisoned without cause around the world. We can’t do this on our own. In the spirit of the holiday season, please donate to Amnesty International today.


All the best,

Abdullah Almalki
Canadian Engineer

P.S. Huseyin Celil has been imprisoned in China for more than seven years on spurious charges following a blatantly unfair trial and appeal. And all while his wife, Kamila, and their four children wait for him to come home to Hamilton, Ontario. Your donation today is a reminder that you are lucky enough to be able to see your loved ones this season. Please, donate now and help reunite families like Huseyin’s.

No comments: