Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Double your impact for human rights by Dec. 31

Donate today and help us reunite families.


You helped reunite me with my loved ones.Please help us reunite more families.
Donate by Dec. 31st and your gift will be doubled
 
Dear Tracy,

I know the pain of being imprisoned and tortured firsthand.
For two years I was imprisoned in Iran. I was sentenced to death for simply criticizing the Islamic Revolution. They subjected me to unspeakable abuse. I was only sixteen years old.

You can imagine the profound joy I felt to be reunited with my family after those years in prison.

But there are so many more people that need your help. Please help Amnesty International continue its vital work to free wrongfully imprisoned men and women around the world, and make sure that we end torture, everywhere, and forever.
As a special offer, if you donate before the end December 31st, your gift will be doubled by a generous donor who will match donations to support Amnesty's work to end torture everywhere and forever.
Tracy, please watch this special video message from myself and other Canadians who survived torture and were freed in part because of Amnesty's work on their behalf.

Please help Amnesty International reunite more families like mine and Abdullah’s, and remember that your donation to Amnesty before December 31st will be doubled.
 

I never gave up hope when I was imprisoned and tortured. I felt in my heart that I would eventually be released. Amnesty International’s tireless efforts remind me that we CAN reunite families when we never give up.

We need your help this holiday season.
When someone is wrongfully imprisoned, every holiday away from their family is profoundly painful for everyone.

Donate today and help reunite more families. It’ll be the best gift you could give – and the best gift anyone can get.


Thank you,

Marina Nemat
Canadian Author 
P.S. Fellow Canadian Huseyin Celil has been imprisoned in China for more than seven years on spurious charges following a blatantly unfair trial and appeal. And all while his wife, Kamila, and their four children wait for him to come home to Hamilton, Ontario. Your donation today is a reminder that you are lucky enough to be able to see your loved ones this season. Please, donate now and help reunite families like Huseyin’s.

No comments: