Sunday, May 18, 2014

dance song/ the Trevor Project/ cat saves boy



Apr. 26 Dance song: My brother was watching The Cleveland Show.  Two of the characters are competing in “Dancing with the Stools.” 

Here is the 35 seconds dance routine with Donna and Cleveland Jr.:


I love the song.  I had to look it up.  In the above video, one of the comments was the song is by “Grind on Me” by Pretty Ricky.


Apr. 27 Maria Ivanova: I really like the song “Prima Donna” by Christina Aguilara because I can really dance to it.  Here is the choreography by Maria Ivanova.  It’s really good.  It’s fast, sexy, and moves around a lot.  In the first half, the girls are dancing with heels in the dance studio.

In the next half, they’re dancing in the dance studio in sneakers, and it’s dark.  There are neon lights so it looks like they’re at the club.

It’s hard to write about dancing because you have to describe the movements and adjectives.  You have to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrkIvfJa4Vo

May 9: All I can write is usually “Click on this link and get to 45 seconds in.  That’s my favorite dance move.”  Or I write about a music video and say this part features good dancing.

 

Shopping: I went to a job interview and then I went shopping on 124 st.

 

Miss Boss: I finally went to Miss Boss, this little clothing boutique for the first time.  It has nice clothes, bags, jewelry, perfume.  I had to try the perfume.  It was a trendy, upscale, and kind of expensive.

 

Ascendant books: I also went to this New Age book store.  It does sell jewelry, home décor, crystals, cards, good gifts.

 

May 14 Recycle: Today is my day off so I went to Staples in the morning to recycle some things like 29 batteries.  All of them were AAA batteries except 1 AA battery.  It was my parents who used all of it up.

 

I then recycled one pen and a 3.5 floppy disk.

 

3.5 floppy disk: The disk was gray and I remember I had it way back in 2000.  I was using it currently to type and save my weekly emails/ blog posts on it.  Then it stopped working.  I do save my emails on my email drafts too as my back up.  Goodbye gray disk.  It lasted a long time.

 

Discman: I used my AA batteries on a Discman my brother got way back in 2003.  After awhile, the batteries stopped working.  Then I tried the same batteries on my Discman that I got way back in 2000 and it works.

I was going through my brother’s calculator drawer to look for a graphing calculator so I can try out the AAA batteries to see if they work.  However, I couldn’t find a graphing calculator, but regular and scientific calculators were there.

I don’t like to waste things, so I have to try out batteries and pens to make sure they completely stop working before I recycle it.

May 15 City Centre: After that I went to City Centre mall.

  1. Shoppers Drug Mart- I checked out magazines like O and Cosmopolitan.
  2. Le Chateau
  3. Jacob- there is a big sale.  I’m sure all of you heard by now that they’re closing all 92 of their stores.
  4. Mexx
  5. Urban
  6. Club Monaco
  7. Nine West- I looked at their bags.
  8. Body Shop- their fragrance mist is $12.  I can go to Bath and Body Works and it’s cheaper.  They both sell fruit scents.  Some of you may prefer Fruits and Passion.
  1. Danier
  2. Groove Stone- they sell jewelry and bags.  They also started selling more clothes.
  3. Suzy Shier
  4. Eddie Bauer- I’m not really into this store because it sells more outdoors clothes. 
The Office: There was an episode called “Andy’s Play.”  Andy is in Sweeney Todd play.  You know how the show looks like it’s a documentary?  I feel like I’m right there in the theatre watching the play. 

I have been to 2 plays and a ballet in high school.  The last play I went to was back in 2003.  I would rather watch TV and movies because there are more settings.  I do read theatre reviews in the newspaper because I like to read about the story.

Anderson Cooper: Does anybody remember that he had a talk show?  It lasted two seasons.  I saw a little bit.  It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t get enough ratings.


Lance Bass: I found this on Yahoo awhile back.  Lance from the boy band NSYNC won a MTV Music Video Award Moon Man.  He uses it to put a roll of toilet paper on it.  Lol.  Bass was going through his house looking for items to donate to auction off for the charity the Trevor Project.


The Trevor Project: The charity gives crisis intervention to LGBTQ young people.


Cat saves boy: I found this video on Yahoo where a cat saves a 4 yr old boy.  There is a camera outside of the house and the boy is on his tricycle.  A dog comes from behind and bites the boy’s leg.  The cat darts out and attacks the dog.  The dog runs away as the mom comes out.

I was surprised that a cat did that.  It’s usually a dog that saves people’s lives.


911 operator saves dad’s life: This was on Yahoo news.  I usually find these Yahoo videos and then I save it onto my email draft so I will write about it later.  After awhile, my email draft stops working and I have to send it to a defunct email address to get the email bounced back to me.  It then reminds me to write about it.  So here it is:

It’s about this young black woman who got a call from her aunt.  Her dad was suffering a stroke or something and she routes an ambulance to them.  She stayed calm and it was her first shift.  I tried to click on the link, but it stopped working.

I looked it up and here is the news.  The woman’s name is Crystal Morrow.



Personality test: I found this on Facebook.  It’s to pick a picture you like the most out of 9 of them.  I picked a purple one.
"3. Sensitive and reflective.  You are comfortable spending hours alone with your thoughts and rarely become bored.  You dislike superficiality; you'd rather be alone than have to suffer through small talk. Your relationships with your friends are very strong, which gives you the inner tranquillity and harmony that you require. You love deeply but if someone betrays you it is next to impossible to forgive. You are an old soul, someone who has lived many times before and has seen it all. All you crave now is simplicity and the chance to focus your attention on a meaningful existence."

Pop chips: I tried these chips.  They were 2 for $5.  It tastes mediocre.  I don't like salt and vinegar, but potato flavor is good.  It advertised how healthy it was like it’s not fried, it’s baked.

No comments: