Wednesday, February 27, 2013

shopping/ Say No to Hunger/ political joke

Feb. 3 Shopping: I was at City Centre a couple of weeks ago.  The shoe store Aldo moved to across the hallway.  The Yoga store Key Lime closed down.  The Winners sign got renovated. 

The little store that is against the wall by Winners has closed down.  I have seen quite a few stores close down in that location.  There was a Culture Craze, then it sold jewelry, then it sold baths and soaps from Aboriginals, then it sold bags.

The little restaurant Get Fresh closed down.  It was by Second Cup.

Wedding as an ending: After watching the TV movie Love's Everlasting Courage, it reminds me of some romantic comedies, and season finales where they use weddings as an ending.  However, this also reminded me of this other TV show.

2gether: This comedy show is about a fictional boy band called 2gether.  They get sued by a woman who heard one of their songs and got so turned on she had sex with her boyfriend, and got pregnant.  Later they meet her and she tells them she got paid off by the record company of $80.  Most of it went to the lawyer.  Her boyfriend dumped her after she got pregnant.

The guys feel sorry for her so they let her stay with them.  Chad and Jerry finds the boyfriend.  It's either the Good Guy or the Bad Guy with the same name.  They say to each guy: "If you're the father, step up and take responsibility."

At the end, the Bad Guy comes in: "I was thinking about what you said yesterday and I decided to step and be the father.  So who's the girl I got pregnant?"  The Pregnant woman enters and she sees him. 

Pregnant woman: Oh hi there, I don't believe we've met.
They shake hands.
Good Guy enters.
Good Guy: I'm so sorry for dumping you, let's get married.

Kid's puppet show: This even reminds me of the time in 2010, I went to visit family in Calgary.  My four yr old cousin gave me a tour of her house.  She picked up a panda bear puppet from the basement and brought it upstairs.  She then gave me a puppet show.

Panda bear: I'm a panda bear.
Polar bear: And I'm a polar bear.  Let's get married!
Panda bear: Yeah!

She then puts them down, and puts up two other puppets.  They saw a few lines.  Then she pulls out tow other puppets and it goes on.  Of course, the writer in me was thinking: "Why do these two get married?  Oh what?  Because they're bears?"

Feb. 10 Post Secret: There were Valentine's day secrets.  There was an email at the end: 
"Dear Frank,

A year ago, you posted my secret right before Valentine's Day. It said 'I wish you still loved me the way you did when we drove down this road in Montauk.'

When I saw my secret that Sunday, I was both surprised and heartbroken. At the time it was posted we weren't speaking. But he saw it, and he knew it was mine.

Now, a year later, we are back together. I just wanted to thank you for letting me share my secret and allowing me to connect with not just him, but everyone who related to my postcard."

Feb. 11 Rant: This is a mild rant.  I was so used to taking the early bus over the weekend to get to work, that I took the early bus today when I didn't have to.  I got to work 30 min. earlier instead of 15 min. earlier.  Yeah, well it's better to be early than late.

Another mild rant is that I'm supposed to do some banking and it says I could do one of three ways.  Go on the internet, so I tried to, but it didn't' work.  Then I tried the phone way.  I called this woman there, and she sounded East Indian.  She was good and all, but I couldn't get my business done over it.

So I'll have to go to the last one, go to the bank in person.  I can do that after work.  It's good to stretch and try something new when I was on the phone.

Say No to Hunger: I was clicking on www.thehungersite.com.  If you click on it, it will donate food to charity.  I then found this link called "Say No to Hunger" in Canada.

Please sign this petition:

http://www.saynotohunger.ca/SayNoToHunger/Sign-The-Petition.aspx

Feb. 14 Fun calls: I remember working at Call Centre #1.  I used to get all these crazy phone calls.  Then at all those other call centres I worked at afterwards, none of them were funny or interesting.

Maybe a fun call other than from Call Centre #1, was someone saying: "I'm surprised no one hung up on you.  The questions are so weird."

Stress: I've been stressed out at work because I have increased my hours by a lot.  I don't have as much free time now.  I'm forewarning you that I won't be writing much about work or business news as much.  So don't expect the emails to be like: job email, writing email, and fun email.

It will probably be 2 fun emails and 1 writing email.  I haven't been writing much of my script and it's a bit more difficult to find time to write my emails.  I have cut down my reading of the newspaper to 24 newspaper on the bus.  I will try to read my other newspapers that I get if I can for articles I really like to read like book reviews.

Feb. 20 Music video: One of my co-workers is black and he is watching this music video, so I joined him.  It's called "Millions" by the rappers Pusha T feat. Rick Ross.  The beginning of the video was promising.

It looked like it was filmed for a movie with the kind of camera they used.  It begins with a SWAT team breaking into a motel.  A few min. into it, it reminded me of the action movie Miami Vice.  It starred Colin Farrel and Jamie Foxx.  There is a little bit of a story in this video with busting drug dealers.  It kind of inspired me to write.

However, I don't like the song.  Here's the explicit version if you want to hear and watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU6VqlnrQhM

Earlier that day, an East Indian co-worker of mine was playing this song by a rapper named Kendrick Lamar.  I haven't heard of him, but if you like rap, check this song out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G0w3N-k91E

Political joke:
I got this from Daily Silly.  It sounds like something Jay Leno would say on his TV show.

"The White House announced that the theme for President Obama's second inauguration will be Faith in America's Future. The idea is to get our minds off of America's present."

No comments: