Sunday, December 27, 2009

sayings/ Wishmaster 4/ 48hrs

Dec. 24 Sayings: Last month I wrote about the 2004 TV show called Black Sash. Then I was on Youtube and I decided to check out the pilot. I may have seen it, because I remember the scene where Russel Wong's character sees his daughter figure skating. Unless that was from another ep. Yeah, I think it was another ep because I remember the shot of the ex-wife and her new husband in a shot, that's not part of the pilot.

The sayings are this: "Win by patience, not by pursuing." -RW says that to Sarah Carter's character who has a crush on Ray J's character. Then RW adds "Play hard to get." lol.

"Performance is always the best path to achieving your goal." Mako says that to RW.

Black Sash: Okay, so I checked out the pilot, and it was good. Missy Peregrym's character talks about her dad being a cop, and the killer being out there running free for a year. RW finds the killer, and MP follows him. They are able to get the bad guy in the first ep. You may think it's anti-climatic, but not really. MP does say it didn't feel good that they caught the bad guy. There's still lots of drama.

There were great fight scenes in it like how RW's first scene is that he fights off 8 guys at the same time. Then there is a scene where he chases a bad guy down by jumping on a bus, and they're fighting on a moving bus. RW fights Corey Sevier's character's abusive father. There is RW and MP fighting off the cop killer and his friends.

Dec. 25: Then I re-watched the first half of the 5th episode called "Prime Suspect." Now I look back and it's kind of like Veronica Mars where they have to solve the mystery of who stabbed and killed this student.

RW is the serious, tortured hero. He was a cop, and then he was set up by his partner. He then had to go to jail for 5 years in Hong Kong. Now he's out, and he's divorced and doesn't see his daughter a lot. He's no longer a cop, and opens a martial arts studio to start over.

I was thinking about that SNL joke: "The soap opera Guiding Light got canceled after 72 years. Now that white people got real problems." The audience laughs. I feel shows like Gossip Girl doesn't seem to have as many real issues to deal with.

Dec. 27: Gossip Girl does have problems like Chuck's dad dying in a car accident, Nate's dad getting arrested for embezzlement, and Nate had to deal with not having money for awhile. Throw in a pregnancy scare for Blair. She seems pro-choice, so she can't get pregnant because you can't show abortions on TV.

Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled: Does this title sound like a crappy horror movie? Because it sure is. I could have watched 48hrs about a cop and a criminal teaming up together. The producer John recommended that I watch it. I had to choose the horror movie because Michael Trucco was in it. He played a big role.

This movie came out in 2002, and MT plays a lawyer. Tara Spencer- Nairn plays Lisa who accidentally wakes up the Wishmaster with this stone. The WM has to grant 3 wishes from her and then he can release his other demons onto earth. First everything seems cool, Lisa moves into a new house with her boyfriend Sam. Cut to 3 years later, S is in a wheelchair.

S seems to pity himself, and is pushing L away. L is working with the lawyer MT to get $10 million for the motorcycle accident. MT then gets killed and is possessed by WM. WM asks L to make a wish. L wishes to get the lawsuit settled. WM then makes the other Lawyer to sign it by torturing him. Lawyer is cutting himself up, his two co-workers are outside banging on the glass. They should have the workers having a phone and calling 911. This kind of reminds me of another TV movie where the girls are trying to get in the door to save someone, and I was like: "Kick it open!" Lawyer then signs the paper, and kills himself. Lots of tension.

L makes another wish that Sam could walk again. S does. Then L makes this wish about MT. "I wish I could love him for who he really is." However, it's ironic because WM can't grant it, only L can. L has to fall in love with the demon WM. Let's fast forward to the ending where L does manage to kill WM. Then we assume L gets up and leaves and moves on.

Actors: The first 1hr and 20min of this movie, Tara Spencer-Nairn looks so familiar, but I couldn't figure it out. Then I realized it's the cop Karen from Corner Gas. lol. You got Victor Webster making an appearance in it. He was on Harper's Island and Mutant X.

Thought: The only good thing besides Michael Trucco, was that it did make me think of what would happen if I was in a wheelchair. I can still work at a call- centre, and I can still write. What would suck is that I can't dance anymore. Don't pity yourself.

Flashpoint: They re-aired the Flashpoint pilot. Maybe I don't remember watching the whole thing. It was based on a true event. I saw it on W-Five. A guy holds this woman hostage in this public square, and a police sniper takes him out. I noticed that there was good continuity. Danijel Mandic played the son. He was talking to his dad on the subway before the shooting, and the dad hugs him hard like it's the last time he's going to see him.

Then DM makes an appearance in the middle trying to talk his dad down by putting the gun down. However, the dad does get shot. Even better continuity, is that next season DM is in a whole episode. It's where he tries to get back at Ed Lane (Hugh Dillon) because he's the one who made the shot that killed his dad.

DM was so good in it. I was really looking for a serious, tortured hero who is damaged. His character is from a war-torn country where there are snipers everywhere. He was trained as one in a young age. When he moved to Canada, he was able to walk the streets without looking at the building roofs to see if there's a sniper. Then his dad gets killed by one.

Dexter: I then caught an episode of Dexter that I haven't seen before, which is good. It's some inspiration. It's how Dexter's new girlfriend Lila is taking over his life and ruining it. This is from season 2. If you don't want to be spoiled, skip this paragraph. L burns her apartment down to D could help her out. L also gets D's mom's killer to attack D. D will then become closer to L because of it. D figures it out and tells L to stay away.

D is a serious, tortured hero. His mom was murdered right in front of him when he was young. Veronica Mars from Veronica Mars is the same. Her best friend was murdered, then her mom left. Her dad was the sheriff and he didn't solve the case of how her friend died, so then he became a PI and doesn't make much money. Throw in VM being dumped by her boyfriend and no longer being popular in school.

48 hrs: Looks like I got to have my cake and eat it too. They replayed this movie today, so I got to watch it. I didn't like it. The most memorable actor or one that I know is Eddie Murphy. It was a little funny with EM. A few surprises here and there. I guess I was mainly distracted because it came out in 1982, and the technology was so old.

They used pay phones, the guns are old school, the hotel had a book where they signed it without a computer at the front desk, no ankle monitor for the bad guy to track him down, etc. Throw in the clothes and hair from the 80s, and I have a hard time focusing on the story. It's about a white cop played by Nick Nolte and he gets a black guy Eddie Murphy to help him catch some bank robbers.

Kind of interesting to see Annette O'Toole before she played Clark Kent's mom on Smallville. The movie wasn't that good to make me want to watch the sequel Another 48hrs that played right after it. There is lots of gratuitous nudity in it. I already saw that in Wishmaster 4. If you're interested, then go watch it.

No comments: