Wednesday, December 30, 2009

clean/ blast from the past/ David Anders

Dec. 28 Clean: So I got into those angry moods again, so I did something productive and that didn't have anything to do with it. I went through my scrap paper, 2 old school agendas, and my current agenda to throw out papers on my writing. It's from Legal Issues for Writers class, talking about copyright. You can file for copyright at cipo.com, and it's also good to keep drafts of your writing.

I kept printed hard copy drafts and 3.5 floppy disks drafts of The Fighter, so I decided to throw out the handwritten notes earlier.

Serious tortured hero: I was thinking about Fighter, and how the lead isn't a serious tortured hero. I wanted him to be a regular guy who was well-adjusted, though he does get into bad things.

The leads in The Mentalist, Dark Angel, and The Listener are serious, tortured heroes, but they do all manage to have a sense of humor. Patrick Jane from Mentalist, his wife and daughter were murdered. He is still a quirky guy solving crimes with the California Bureau of Investigations. Max from Dark Angel was born and raised in a government facility to become a super soldier, before she escaped with 12 others. She is funny in a sarcastic way.

Toby from The Listener, his mom had to abandon him in a foster home. His little brother is out there somewhere. He is a little funny. Tru from Tru Calling, her mom was murdered when she was a kid, but she seems well-adjusted. To make a hero, something traumatic has to happen to him like death and murder.

Writing: I'm going through my old agendas, and there has been a lot with the vampire script I worked on. It had the serious, tortured hero who has to solve his sister's death. I remember back in 2005, I wrote a script where this guy's parents were murdered right in front of him. It was too much of a downer. I was also inspired to write it from Batman Begins which is what happened to Bruce Wayne.

Blast from the past: I was at work and I see this guy I used to go to school with Mitchell Shaw. We were in the same gr.9 homeroom. He was with a woman, and he had a daughter who looked like she was 2 years old. He then put her on his shoulders, and she was playing with his hair. Aww..

I didn't go up to him and talk to him, because we weren't really friends. We were classmates. I don't know if he would even remember me. We went to the same high school, but we didn't have any classes together. Well it was still nice to see him.

I wasn't shy when talking to other guys I went to school with like Chris Kreiger and Shane Goden because we had classes in jr. high and high school. We were friendly acquaintances.

Tyra Banks: I just read on Yahoo that Tyra will be ending her talk show after it's 5th season this year. She will be focusing on her film production company Bankable Studios instead. I'm kind of sad to hear that her talk show is ending. Now where am I going to get my teen pregnancy and prostitution episodes from? There is that new MTV show Teen Mom.

If you like TB, there is going to be America's Next Top Model 14th season next year. I was kind of surprised about her news. I remember reading somewhere that T didn't want to do Top Model anymore, and wanted to focus more of her energy on her talk show. Good for her.

Dec. 29: I was still thinking about TB. Who's going to prevent teen girls who want to get pregnant? Oprah's leaving. Well there is still Maury and Dr Phil doing those eps, so we'll be fine.

News: Did you know that the cd store A&B Sound closed down last year? I was reading about how music has changed in the past decade and how cd stores are closing down. I know Music World closed down and when I first read about it in the newspaper, I was shocked.

Characters: I have my characters fit together in Fighter. The characters fit together in Rain, though I have writer's block. I looked at The Hunter, and I realized none of the characters fit together. It can be as simple as the names, and then the use of the characters.

Michael: It's too common of a name. I used it because I like Michael Trucco.
Julie: I like the name. I had that character name since 2001.
Corrine: I like the name. It was from the winner of the summer reality TV series Next Action Star. That show came out in 2004, it was to cast an actor and an actress for a TV movie called You Bet Your Life. The show and the TV movie was good.

Hyacinthe: Pronounced Ya- sing. It's named after my friend from that staffing agency. The guy looks like the actor Matthew Lawrence.
Boz: He was named after the aspiring singer Frankie Boz. He worked with the singer Donnie Klang. Check out www.myspace.com/nyboz to listen to his music.

Jason Kent: It was the name of the boss of the corporation. Jason was the name of one of my Legal Issues for Writers teacher.
Dr. Russo: She's kind of like Dr. Sarah Tancredi from Prison Break. In my script, it seems she's bad, but she's actually good.

Agenda: I've been lusting for this agenda since Dec. 27. I saw it at the Calender Club in Bonnie Doon. It's 50% off, and there is lots of paper so I could use it for my script. It's from June 2009- Dec.2010. There are these two dragons on the cover. I didn't buy it then. Just wait.

Then I went to City Centre on Dec. 28, and I saw it at Calender Club. I compared it to the others. I then went to Kingsway today and saw it at the same store again. I then went to the one in City Centre and bought it. I went to Carlton Cards and Grand and Toy, but none of the agendas they had I liked.

David Anders: I have been hitting writer's block, so I did everything to cure it. I did something totally different from writing scripts, by writing my email, shopping at Kingsway, taking a nap, and watching TV. I decided to revisit one of my favorite actors David Anders. I've been of his since I first saw in Jan.2002 where he played Sark on Alias. I went on Youtube and heard him sing.

He did an interview with Arden Myrin (MadTV) and I heard him do Russian and German accents. He did a British accent on Alias and Heroes. I read on the internet that he did work at the GAP before he got successful in acting. In the interview he said: "I was peddling khakis at the GAP." I'm getting a flashback, where I did write a character that was like Sark.

This is how I can get inspired to write, by imaging a hot actor in my script.

Dec. 30: I remember all these things about DA. He has a big brother Jason who is African- American, and was adopted. Then he has a biological brother Arik who looks like his dad. Then he has an adopted Asian sister Maili. Then it's David which makes him the youngest in his family. There was a family portrait, and he looks like his mom with the same blond hair.

His full name is David Anders Holt. It's because there was already an actor named David Holt, so that's why he went by his middle name. He's from Grants Pass Oregon, and he does a really good British accent. I haven't seen anyone do a good accent like that since James Marsters who plays Spike on Buffy. The characters are similar as in Americans playing blond British bad boys.

He was 20 years old when he first appeared on Alias. I saw a Left in Darkness interview.

D: I turned 21 on the Alias set. People were saying: "What? You're turning 21? You look like you should be turning 31." I'm like: "Thanks guys."

His age was always mentioned in the Alias audio commentary. The actress Merrin Dungey said in the season 1 finale ep: "Aww...he's like the baby of the show."

Well he does stand out because of his age. If you look at the cast, everybody is in their late 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and then there's a 21 year old guy.

No comments: