Friday, July 10, 2009

news/ crazy meeting/ Harper's Island

Jul. 7 News: This is more celeb news. Did you know that the TV show Nip/ Tuck is cancelled after 100 eps? I never watched it. It's like I always remember the TV shows that I like that get cancelled. Do you know who Brandon Routh is? He plays Clark Kent in Superman Returns. His contract to play Superman has expired.

The only other work I saw of him, was an ep of Fear Itself back in 2008. People on twop.com were dissing his acting in that ep.

Me: Here's an unpopular opinion: I was impressed with Brandon Routh's acting.

BR is doing a lot of work. His movies are in post- production. You can go to www.imdb.com to check it out.

Jul. 9 Crazy meeting: I went and finally met a TV producer and talked to him about this script. His name is John Kerr. I was to meet him at Capilano Mall, but he didn't show up after half an hour. I called him an hr prior to it, and left a message. Then after a 10 min. wait, I called and left a message. Then I got home and got a message from my brother that J was going to be late.

I call him, and then arranged to meet at a place that's really close to my home. Wow, this is my first time I talked with a TV producer about my script and trying to get it produced. It was fun. He gave me a lot of really good tips for my script on how to add conflict and drama to the script. He has watched Never Back Down, and Fighting, and other fight movies.

We also watch the same TV shows and movies and both know what we're talking about.

John: Why does this person want to be a cop? There should be a back story to it. Do you watch Dexter?
Me: Yeah, and why does Deborah (Dexter's sister) want to be a cop?
J: Because she wants to prove to herself, and her dad who's been dead for 20 years, that she could be a good cop just like he is.
Me: It's just like Castle, the woman cop wants to be a cop to solve her mother's murder. I remember going on the internet and people saying: "Why do all the characters who become cops have to have a deep back story? Why can't they just want to be good cops?"

And:

J: Maybe the bad guy could accidentally hurt himself.
Me: Do you watch Smallville?
J: Yeah.
Me: Then do you see how often the bad guy always accidentally kills himself when Clark is around?
J: Yes.

The fun:

J: If you could have any actor in the world to play Shawn, who would it be?
Me: Well I would say a young guy in his early 20s. I was just watching The Listener, and I would say Craig Olejnik.
J: What about Carson?
Me: Do you watch Flash Gordon?
J: No.

Me: Giles Panton. He plays a straight- laced cop on the show, I see him playing the straight- laced brother.
J: What about Mia?
Me: A Asian girl. She would be hot.
lol.
J: What about Banks?
Me: Michael Trucco. He's from Battlestar Gallactica.
J: He's good.

J: What about Alex?
Me: Kit Cope, the MMA fighter.
J: The guy that's attached to this.
Me: Did you look him up?
J: No, I didn't.
Me: He does look like a bad guy. He's got tattoos all over his body.

For an hour and half, we analyzed the script and characters. He gave me these great ideas. There was great brainstorming going on.

Lookalike:
You know what the weird thing is? John looks like this guy who comes into the Soup place. They look they could be brothers. John did say he had a brother who lived in the city.

Yesterday, the Kyle Gallner look alike came in and ordered a sandwich. I thought the name was Kyle Gallagher, but then I researched it and it's Gallner. Anyway, here's how the convo went.

Me: Do you even know who Kyle Gallagher is?
Guy: No, is he in a rock band?
Me: No, he's on Veronica Mars.
Guy (laughs): I've heard of that show. I told my mom: "Someone told me I looked like somebody today." She was like: "Who?" I'm like: "I don't know." What else has he been in?
Me: The plane movie Red Eye.

Guy: Is that an old movie?
Me: It came out back in 2005. It stars Rachel McAdams.
Guy: What else?
Me: He was in CSI: NY. He played a blogger for a few eps.

Harper's Island: I just saw the series finale of this mini- series. It's a great series. The last 2 eps were aired back to back and it was crazy and scary. I was really cheering on for the black guy to survive, but he did last to the 2nd last ep. Well the black guy did survive in House on Haunted Hill. Sorry for the spoiler, but maybe you'll check it out.

The entire time, you think the murderer John Wakefield has an accomplice who's killing everybody. The accomplice is supposedly the lead character's Abby's ex- boyfriend Jimmy. It's not revealed until the 2nd to last ep, that it's the groom. I was like: "Oh my God!" I screamed quite a lot like when the black guy Brandon Jay McClean was being strangled by a belt from behind.

I was really cheering for the bride and groom to get together. I thought Abby and Jimmy were going to get together, and they did. It turns out in the middle of the series, it's revealed John Wakefield has a kid. It's a son, and the groom is really the son. Abby and the groom Henry are half siblings. They were friends when they were kids.

You think there are plot holes, like how did Wakefield get out of the jail cell? Well Henry locked him up and slid him the key. How Abby figures it out that Henry did were the little things towards the end like the coast guards saying he told Chris Sullivan and Henry to go to the marina. Then she meets up with H, and he says he didn't see Chris and didn't know where to go.

Wakefield found Henry when he was older, and told him the truth that he's the father. Henry created the wedding to Trish, so he could get everybody on the island. He was so angry that he didn't know the truth. He was a sociopath. He got them on the island so
he could kill everybody. He did say that he loves Abby.

Besides the lovers making it out alive, the mother Shay and her daughter Madison made it out. They found a boat in the boat house, and Chris (aka Sully) helped them get into the boat to sail away. Besides cheering on the lovers to make it, you were also cheering for the mother and daughter.

Jul. 10 Actors: In hindsight, the casting of Henry (Christopher Gorham) and Abby (Elaine Cassidy), they really do look like they could be siblings. Same dark hair, and eyes.

Well yesterday's crazy meeting made me think of all these other actors that could play Shawn. Craig Olejnik is in his late 20s, so he's kind of old for it.

It made me think of Shawn Reaves. He played Tru's brother Harrison on Tru Calling. He is so cute and funny on that show back when it was on from 2003- 2004. Here's a pic. I first saw him when he was 25. He's like 31 now. I guess Harrison is kind of similar to my character Shawn.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2561120768/nm0714188

I also really like David Anders. He's 28 now. I first saw him on Alias back in Jan. 2002. He was 21 back then. He stood out because he was so young. Everybody on the show is in their late 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and then you see a kid. DA played British bad boy Mr. Sark. He continues to play bad guys in the horror movie Left in Darkness, the TV show Lie to Me, and the reaccuring role on Heroes. DA could play Shawn, if he was 21.

Music: I borrowed the Pink's cd "Fun House." She's got a good voice, and her album is alright. So with the Twilight soundtrack. It has some rock songs I like from Paramore and Muse. I also checked out Yellow Card's cd "Lights and Sounds." I like their song "Only One" from years ago.

No comments: