Sunday, June 14, 2009

moving/ dream/ crazy driving accident

June 12 Moving: On my day off I went and got my haircut. Then I went home and had lunch. I then got on the bus to go to downtown, and bumped into my friend Daniel. We went to jr. high, high school, and the Professional Writing program together. He says he was going to help his friend Kat moved. She had moved like once a year for the past few years. I then volunteered to help. Well I could use the exercise, and the fresh air.

I saw the new apartment building that's being built called the Venetian. It's still in construction, but it's really nice. When I first saw Kat, she was wearing a red shirt that said: "Everyone loves an Asian girl." I told her my sister had that shirt. lol. It's from Urban Outfitters. I then met a whole bunch of people like Connie, John, and their son Christopher, Edmund, Wayson, Angela, Sherry, Marcello. Wow, 9 people and I remember all their names. Now I'm struggling to remember this 10th person's name. Katrina?

Dream: I had a weird dream last night. My sister was going to start her new job at Old Navy at West Ed mall and she was excited about it. Then I woke up and realized that it's ludicrous for her to be working there.

Petition: Today I did watch Oprah, but it was about internet predators. Sheesh, this subject matter is what got me into watching Dateline: To Catch a Predator. That was also what got me into watching The Young and the Restless back in 2003 when they did a story line about that. I also watched the movie Hard Candy because of it. It starred Ellen Page before she got big in Juno.

You can go to www.oprah.com and help get funding for the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. He is the son of America's Most Wanted host John Walsh. AW was abducted and murdered. You can copy and paste the letter and send it to the senator and state representative. Yeah, it's American but if you're interested, I'm sure you can still help.

Music: I was looking up the music artist Donnie Klang on Youtube. He did a remix of Jamie Foxx's song "Blame it." It sounds cool, you should check it out. I didn't care for the original, but since I like DK, I like this remix. I borrowed the Miley Cyrus cd called "Breakout" from the library. It's an alright cd. I like the song "Fly on the Wall", but nothing else.

I checked out that Jonas Brothers cd where they do a 3- D concert. It's an alright cd too. It has Taylor Swift and Demi Lavoto making an appearance and each performing a song.

June 13 Funny: This is funny, and annoying. The other day I woke up at 4am because my siblings were arguing. Then later in the day:

Me: Thanks for waking me up at 4am.
Sister: Yeah well I had to.
As in had to argue with Patrick.

I remember this time back in 2000, I was playing cards with my sister. She wins.
Me: Lucky in cards, but not lucky in love.
S: Shut up.lol.
See it's funny, but annoying. If someone said that to you, you would say shut up too. That's exactly what happened in my script prior to me saying that to her. I got that quote from this book about Chinese zodiac signs and Western horoscopes.

Crazy driving accident: It was crazy today. I went on my first driving lesson where I'm finally in the driving seat. I did get into an accident. It was towards the end of the lesson where I'm driving in Capilano after driving around in Millwoods for over an hour. So I was driving, and then this red car comes and turns and cuts right in front of me. I then press the brakes, but I still hit the bumper of the car. The red car then turns and pulls over. This white teenage boy steps out. He checks out his bumper, and it's fine.

Then my instructor Tony goes and tells me to pull over to him. Tony gets out of the car, as the boy was going back in. Tony stops him and they're yelling and swearing at each other.

Tony: You shouldn't be driving like that, cutting in. That's irresponsible.
Boy: You should be teaching her how to f---ing drive. I don't have any damage and neither do you.
Tony: But you shouldn't be f---ing cutting in like that.
Boy: I have a right to be f---ing yelling at you.
The Boy's guy friend stayed in the car. I stayed in the car too. I did say to the Boy: "This is my first driving lesson!" I don't think he heard me.

This red van came up to both of our cars and this guy asked: "Are you guys okay?"Then we drove for a few more minutes. We were driving and that red car was driving in another lane going the opposite way. I don't think they noticed us because they drove past us without looking at us.

There are 2 sides to every story. I'm sure that the Boy was going to say his story like this to his friends: "I was driving in my car, and then I made a left turn. This car behind us then rammed into my my bumper. I turned and pulled over. I got out and checked my bumper which was fine. Then that gray car pulled up and this Asian guy got out of the passenger seat and he was yelling at me to not drive irresponsibly. Well his daughter was the one who driving and rammed into me. I don't know why he was yelling at me since he was the one who hit my car. I told him to teach her how to f---ing drive. There was no damage anyway."

They didn't even exchange insurance numbers anyway. Then as I was driving I was talking about this girl Sarah who died in a car accident when I was in gr.12. She wasn't driving though. Tony told me to stop talking about it and focus on driving.

Driving safety: Look, nobody got hurt. Let's not do any bad stereotypes like Asian people and teenage boys are bad drivers. I have read in The Globe and Mail years ago that it's the teenage boy who sits in the passenger seat talking, that's what affects bad driving. Not the teenage boy driver. However, I did learn that the driver talking on the cell phone is worse than the driver talking to a passenger. The passenger actually knows when to stop talking and telling the driver to pay attention to the road.

All I can say is don't drink and drive, don't talk on your cell phone or text when driving. It's like that movie Cellular where Chris Evans character says to a woman talking on her cell and driving: "Get off the phone and concentrate on the road!"I don't know. If it's a adult man or woman who cut in, Tony and that person would still be yelling at each other. If I didn't ram into the other car, though I was close to, Tony would still be yelling at that person to not cut in like that.

June 14 Drive: Today S and I went to the driving school. It got pretty boring in the afternoon and I see some people were falling asleep. It was from 9am- 5pm. At the end of the day, we had to take a test and get at least 20/25 questions right. I got 2 questions wrong. I was surprised.

S was telling me that I shouldn't have told P about that car accident.

S: You know P is really reluctant to drive. Why do you think he's 21 and still hasn't learned to yet?
Me: I thought he was like me, that he wanted to focus on school first.
S: Well he's smart and he can study this for a month and take the test. He's afraid to get into an accident.
Me: Yeah, and so am I. Though I think I was more afraid to fail the test.

It took me 3 tries to pass the learner's permit test. I am more interested in getting a college diploma than a driver's license. When I was in high school, I focused on getting a high school diploma. After I graduated, I went to Centre High (2003) so I could focus on getting into college.

Then I went to NAIT (2004) , to get that college certificate, though that didn't work out. Then I was trying to get a college diploma somewhere else (2005). Then in 2006, I got accepted into the Professional Writing program. In the summer I did study the driver's manual, but mainly I was working on my anger management problem. Then in summer 2007 I read the manual too. Then in summer 2008, I finally went and got the learner's permit.

No comments: