Monday, April 20, 2009

news/ movie/ weird

Apr. 18 News: Last night I was watching Yahoo News about this "Craigslist Killer." This guy looks for hookers on the site and he kills them. Then today I went on "Ripped from the Headlines thread" and there is a link. This does sound like what Law and Order: SVU would do an ep on.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2009_04_17_Craigslist_killer_may_have_struck_again/srvc=home&position=0
I hope they catch the guy. This news story is pretty much saying to him: "We're onto you!"

Lookalike: I earlier emailed how the following singer, tennis star, and actor all look alike. Well my friend Sherry analyzed it and here are her following notes:

Lee Ryan:http://www.babynames.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lee-ryan.jpg

Andy Roddick:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2851969024/nm1496310

Sean William Scott:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1530237952/nm0005405

similarities:
overall shape of face
the nose tip is rounded
sort of a 'cowlick' in centre of forehead where hair goes up
then outbrows have a peak after a bar (versus constant curve)
atypical style of grinning

differences:
andy eyes more rounded, the other two similar
lee and andy nose more 'bulbous' in shape than seann
looks like seann had broken in nose at some point as angle is off
lee could almost be kevin bacon's rel, and ative, seann could almost be dennis quaid or ashton kutchner relative

I have to say her notes are very accurate.

New: I tried Thai Express today. I ordered the rice noodles with beef and it costs $7.13, It was good. It's a little bit expensive. I would prefer Famous Wok, order 2 items for $5.50.

Coincidence: Today I was on Yahoo News and it showed this mentalist doing magic tricks. He totally bent this spoon with his mind. Coincidentally I saw some of The Matrix last night during the commercial breaks of the shows I was watching last night. You know where Neo bends the spoon with his mind.

Wait, I'm getting a flasback of 2000 when I was watching the show Street Cents and they did a parody of it.

Me: The reality is that there is no spoon!
Morpheus: But the reality is that there is no spoon.
My sister laughed at the fact that I knew what he was going to say.

Another coincidence was that I was watching The Simpsons yesterday, and it was about the Simpsons going to a magic show. The waiter was a mentalist and gave Marge the drink a Long Island ice tea.

Kyle Riabko: I was watching the mentalist do his trick, and then I saw this cute guy as a screencap. The headline said something being a blues singer. I clicked on it, and it's Kyle Riabko. It's this musician who I met once in 2006 at Capital Ex, and again in 2007 at Winston Churchill Square.

He was talking about touring for the musical Spring Awakening. I then check his www.myspace.com/kyleriabko and found this 50 second video. He said he didn't know there was a camera rolling. I burst out laughing at it. It's a behind the scenes of the play, and Kyle is goofing around with his Nerf gun.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=9566245&blogId=436286835

Apr. 19 Writing: Yesterday I went and read my old blog posts of the times I met Kyle Riabko. I then found an old email that said I submitted my script to a company and I got rejected. It was dated Aug. 19, 2008. I then went through my old emails on my account and found out which company rejected me.

Then I realized this was before Sept. 2008 which was where I got these great notes from Glynis Whiting. Those notes helped me significantly improve my script. Today I went and emailed that production company that rejected me earlier. I told them about the earlier rejection, and how I improved it, and that it's 90 pages. Maybe they'll be interested in reading it again and saying yes.

Movies: I was thinking about character development in movies. I remember watching Road Trip back in 2000. I was on the choir/ band trip to Saskatchewan. On the bus, that movie was on so I watched it. It was a poor movie. It did have character development for one character played by DJ Qualls. He's this nerd, and then later he develops a back bone.

I also thought of A Walk to Remember. Shane West's character is not likeable. After he falls in love with Mandy Moore's character, he becomes likable. His character development is that he goes from being a jerk, to being a good guy.

I was talking to my friend Ray about my script. The reader told me that the character needs to fight for another reason, other than money.

Me: I then thought about that movie Fighting. The trailer has the girl say: "Why are you fighting?"
Ray (quoting Channing Tatum's line): "I'm fighting for us." That is so corny.

The reader did give me some other reasons to fight, but I don't know which one to take.

Music: I borrowed the cd from the duo Dear Science. It's kind of techno with some singing in it. Most techno music don't have lyrics, just beats. I didn't really like it. Then I went and borrowed the Katy Perry cd. I really like it. I like her song "UR So Gay." She's singing about this metrosexual guy. I also like "Fingerprints" where she sings about not watching on the sidelines, and actually living your life.

Apr. 20 Weird: It's weird how I am thinking of Andy Roddick (26 years old) recently. Today I read that he got married on Friday to his gf, Sports Illustrated model Brooklyn Decker, 21. Well I don't like it when people get married before they're 25, but it's alright if one person is over 25, and the other isn't.

The other weird thing is that last month, Mandy Moore got married. MM and AD dated from 2002- 2004. It's so weird that they got married to 2 other people within a month of each other.

Good: Today I finally got to see The Big Bang Theory episode where Michael Trucco guest stars. I am so happy.

I read a Metro review of the movie Crank: High Voltage. It said: "Crank: High Voltage is disgusting, disposable, disorienting, inhuman, and infantile... and those are its good points." It got 2 out of 4 stars. It's a mediocore- average movie. I disliked the first movie. I saw it on my bday in Aug. 2007.

My friend Leslie lent it to me. I thought I would like it because I like action movies, and Jason Statham. I found myself cringing at it because it was so violent.

No comments: