Friday, April 3, 2009

job/ crazy/ funny & weird

Apr. 1 Job: Well Lorraine quit working after about 2 years. Now we are down to 9 people. Though sometimes 10 when Cameron's friend Stephen takes over and works 1 or 2 days a month when we need it.

Then I thought about how she is like the only person who I talk about the bad reality TV show Big Brother with last summer. However, I think I can really quit this. I didn't watch BB9 at all because I had school and would rather watch well- written TV shows instead during my spare time.

Then I watched BB10 in the summer when I didn't have school. I also found myself feeling really indifferent about it. Dan was the most likeable guy who won the show. I didn't really hate anybody on this show. I used to watch that show to get my hate on and see the people I hate get evicted.

News: I was watching the tail end of Access Hollywood and they said that CBS will finally be cancelling the soap opera Guiding Light. The last episode will be airing Sept. 18.

Werther effect: I was watching the TV show Lie to Me and I learned the phrase "werther effect" which means copycat suicide. In the show it said they won't broadcast suicides on the news because it can trigger other people to do it too. After Marilyn Monroe and Kurt Cobain died, suicides increased. Here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werther_effect

Rant: Guys, I have a rant. I just saw a trailer for the movie called Fighting starring Channing Tatum. I like him in the dance movie Step Up. I'm annoyed that there is another fighting movie out there. That means I have competition with my fighting movie. I went on imdb.com and CT's character is named Shawn just like my lead character. Damn it. I may have to change my character's name to avoid comparison.

In the line that I have read about the synopsis is that CT is lured into underground street fighting by this scam artist played by Terrence Howard. That's kind of like my movie. Well in the first draft of my script, Shawn was lured by a guy who was like a scam artist. However, in the latest draft I pitched, it's someone else.

Look, Fighting may not be like my movie The Fighter after all. Hey remember Never Back Down? When I first saw the trailer back in March 2008, I was like: "Nooooo! Not another fighting movie!" But then I watched it and it was really different from mine. In NBD, it was set in high school, and the characters fight in it for a different reason than my characters do. Look, I'll have to wait and see when Fighting comes out on Apr. 24, 2009. Then I'll read the reviews and see how the movie is like.

Apr. 2 Crazy: I was watching Yahoo News, and there was a hit and run. This black man got hit while walking home late at night. A note was left on him that said: "I'm sorry, but I have a family." Cut to the man's mother crying about it. It was unusual to leave a note. That reminds me of the new crime/ comedy procedural drama called The Unusuals starring Joan of Arcadia's Amber Tamblyn. It's about cops dealing with unusual cases.

Then another video appeared about how this man robbed a convenience store right in front of his 9 year- old daughter. I mean you got to do what you got to do to survive, but to do that in front of your daughter? She should have waited in the car, unless he brought her along so the store clerk won't go and pull out his own gun at him. That reminds me of an ep of Cheaters. The confrontation was in a convenience store, and the store clerk was behind bullet proof glass.

In lighter, but still crazy news, I was on Yahoo and saw a pic of a rabbit that has two noses with two nostrils. That is weird.

Dollhouse: Today I saw a new ep of the show. It was great and funny. There is this drug that infects by people because through airborne and touch. Everybody starts acting funny, like drunk and high, and out of character. That kind of reminds of me of Smallville where all the characters get infected by kryptonite, and they start acting all sexy and bad. Then afterwards, they forget what they did when they were on kryptonite.

Well on Dollhouse, everybody remembers what they did except the dolls because they have their memories erased. Forgetting all the bad stuff they did is kind of like the effects of drugs and alcohol. I hated that they always forget what they did; they never faced the consequences. Smallville was like the crappier version of Buffy. On Buffy, there was one ep in season one called "The Pack." Xander and four other kids were possessed by the hyena spirit. Xander pretended to Buffy and Willow that he forgot all the bad stuff he did. Then Giles told him he did his research, and said there was nothing about memory loss, but he will keep his secret.

Funny & Weird: I asked my friend Ray at work if she reads my weekly emails and she said yes, and that she laughed at my "atom joke." But the really funny thing today is when I got home. Let's just say I've been dabbling in some online dating websites. I went to one a few weeks ago and was emailing and IMing this guy for about 4 days. Then he said that he couldn't really see my pic and that I should upload new ones. He says he won't go out with people he can't see.

Then later I went and worked on my script. Two weeks later, (yesterday) he emails me again on the website. I was surprised he was still interested because we never contacted each other at all during that time. He asks me out. I email back. Then he IMs me and he asks some questions. I will paraphrase it.

Guy: Why are you on this site?
Me: To look for a boyfriend.
Guy: Good.
(Looks like we're on the same page).
Guy: Do you like white guys?
Me: Yes.
(I wouldn't be chatting with him if I wasn't.)
Guy: I don't mean to be rude, but do you like sex?
Me: No.
Guy: Are you waiting for marriage?

Me: I guess waiting.
Guy: Have you ever had sex? Have you ever done it?
Me: No.
Guy: Yikes.
Me: That's okay. We can stop this right now, and move on.

He said something, but I can't remember what it was. Then Patrick comes saying he needs to use the computer for school, so I told the guy I had to get off IM. Then I left. Today I didn't know what he was thinking. So I emailed him the atom joke on the site, and the site said: "This user has blocked you."

Me: What?! Oh my God!
I was laughing. I didn't feel rejected at all. I thought it was weird. I told the truth, and he couldn't handle the truth. I was honest though. I can contact him outside the website, because he did give me his email address so we could IM. However, I won't. I will now delete his emails.

Apr. 3: Today I bumped into my friend Sarah on the bus, and I told her the atom joke. She laughed.

S: That was bad.
Me: But you laughed.
S: Yeah, it's so bad I laughed.

Job search: I got off the bus, and went on my white- collar job search. I passed out 13 resumes in downtown. I came home printed 6 more, and passed them out in Capilano. The weather was great, and I liked walking around. I also saw that there was this HSBC location in downtown that closed down. There was a sign that said it closed down on Nov. 28, 2008. Well I already did pass out my resume to 2 other downtown locations.

No comments: