Friday, April 24, 2009

differences/ funny/ fighting

Apr. 20 Differences: Yesterday I was talking to my sister about newspapers like Metro and 24. She says she hates those because they make garbage because it's all over the bus and LRTs, and they don't really go into depth of the stories. I like to read it during my breaks at work. I get the news in a really fast condense version because I really have a lot of time.

Funny: I was thinking about that Primetime experiment again. You know where that teen girl is trying to get birth control pills, and the pharmacist won't give it to her because he thinks she's too young to be having sex? They're actors. The experiment is to see if anyone will say anything about it.

Doesn't mean that someone is taking birth control pills means that person is having sex. She could be taking it to lighten her periods. I'll add that someone buying a box of condoms doesn't mean that person is having sex. It's from my favorite joke: "So the other day I bought a box of condoms... because my last one was expired."

I'll also add something I heard from the cancelled TV show The Lone Gunmen back in 2001. A character said: "Doesn't mean that you see a blinking light means that something bad is going to happen." I remember a time I was on the computer and I had Realplayer on. Maybe it was in 2004.

The pause button was blinking. Patrick comes.
P: Oh my God, what's that?
Me: Doesn't mean you see a blinking light means something bad is going to happen.

Apr. 21 Music: The store Southside Sound on Whyte Avenue will be closing down due to too much competition. I read that in 24. The article mentioned about Sam the Record Man and then I found this on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_the_record_man

That store actually closed down in 2001 by filing for bankruptcy. There were other franchise stores that weren't part of the bankruptcy filing. Those stores closed down in 2007. I don't think I have ever been to that store before. I remember in Capilano mall, there was a music store called Top Forty. It was back in the 90s.

It also mentioned CD Plus. I remember that store back in 2003 I went there and sold some cds and dvds at the Londonderry mall location. There are still stores across Canada, but none in Edmonton.

Joke: Last night my sister was watching The Hills while Patrick and I were on the computer. The girls are out in a club, and Audrina's ex- boyfriend Justin Bobby enters. A throws this crumpled paper at him.

S: Yeah, sure, throw garbage at him.
Me: Yeah well he does look like a homeless guy.
S, and P burst out laughing. Well S has said that before.

S checked out this book on how to organize your stuff and life. I always read those articles in magazines and newspapers. I would say I'm relatively organized.

Writing: I saw Desperate Housewives, and they killed of the character Edie. I have known for awhile that she was going to be written off. There is nothing for the character to do now, and they needed to cut down on budget costs. I felt they were doing a little recycling because the ep had Edie in all these flashbacks as people remember about good times with her. There was an ep earlier this season about the handyman Eli Struggs who ended up dying, and everybody goes into flashbacks remembering him.

I'm going to admit that I read an article in the newspaper about Maury on Sunday. It doesn't count as a relapse because I'm not watching his show, nor reading about comments dissing him on twop.com. Reading it did not make me want to watch the show.

Apr. 22: Oh my God, I saw an ep of Lie to Me and it reminded of an old episode of the short- lived show Johnny Zero. Lie to Me did an ep about a woman lying that she was a child soldier when she wasn't. Veronica Mars did an ep about a guy saying that, but he was. This week LtM did an episode where this Rapper's friend Dante ended up being murdered.

Later it turns out that the Rapper was gay. The Rapper's manager (I think it was the manager or friend) was the one who killed the boyfriend. If the Rapper had came out, then he wouldn't have any of the success like house and cars. The Rapper said: "But I still would have had Dante." In 2004 I saw a Johnny Zero ep where J was in an alley with this guy. This drive- by shooting goes by and shoots at them.

Later J finds out that the rapper is gay, and the manager got the boyfriend killed. Manager makes it look J who was working as a bodyguard, that he's the one who did it. Manager created the story of how J stole Rapper's girlfriend, Rapper then shoots J in a jealous rage. There is a struggle with a gun, and the Girlfriend shoots the Manager. Then Rapper ends up saying that he shot the Manager, so Gf won't go to jail.

Not to mention, a Rapper being in a shooting does get more publicity for him. lol. Well it's dark, but it's true. In LtM, a character said: "When there's a fued between rappers, it sells more records."

Apr. 23 Girlicious: I borrowed the girl group Girlicious's cd. They have some good tracks like "It's Mine." It's a song about it meaning it's my body and I'll do what I want with it. I like the songs they already released like "Like Me", "Stupid S---", and "Baby Doll." I saw an interview with them and they said they like the song "My Boo" and I like it too.

Apr. 24 Fighting: I read the two reviews in the newspapers about the movie Fighting starring Channing Tatum. It got 2 stars, and 2 and 1/2 stars in The Journal and The Globe and Mail. I see that the movie is quite different from mine which is good. CT is a hustler selling fake Harry Potter books. Some thugs come by, and CT beats them up. Terrence Howard's character sees it, and gets him into fighting. In my movie, my lead character gets into fighting in a different way, in a different place, by a different kind of character.

CT falls in love with a single mom. My character falls in love with a different character. CT fights in different places. My character fights in the same place. They fight with no gloves. My character fights with gloves. There is a short mention of CT's estranged father, and no other background information. My character's family is different, and there is more background.

I was out passing 10 resumes today, and this month I passed out 32 resumes. I picked up 24 and Metro, and they gave the movie 3 stars, and 2 stars. It mentioned there are only 4 fight scenes. In my movie, there's way more.

Good: Today I was watching Tyra because it was about teen pregnancy. What was so good about it was that there was this African- American girl who was on the show months ago who said she wanted to have a kid. The girl Jessica came back, and she said: "After I saw myself on TV, I thought I looked so stupid and ridiculous. Thank you for having me on your show so I could realize that Tyra." They then hug each other. Awww.... see Tyra helps people unlike Dr Phil.

Jessica earlier said she wanted to have a kid with her ex- boyfriend so that would bring them closer together. Well she got back with her boyfriend, and she's still in school, and doesn't plan to have a baby. T asked expectant teen mothers about what they're going to do with the baby and how much money they're going to need to raise the baby.

T also talked to this teen girl who wants to have a baby. The girl then tells her mom and her boyfriend about it. They try to convince her to not have one.

Question: Has anyone ever passed a card to you that said: "I'm deaf and mute, and can't get work. Please donate some money to me"? I got that once when I was volunteering at the Heritage Day Festival in 2003. When I first got it, I was skeptical like: "Seriously? This guy could be faking." Then I gave the card back.

Then I felt guilty for not giving him money. I thought this was a step above panhandling because he's selling cards. Though it's not really worth anything. Now I'm thinking of seeing a guy at Taco Bell, he has the same disability, but he does work by making tacos. Then in October, this guy handed me a card that said that, and I gave him a $1. I thought had right my wrongs by not donating earlier.

Now I look back and thnk that this guy can get a job. He can see and is able- bodied. What about data- entry. Well my sister thinks the same thing.

No comments: