Friday, November 7, 2008

news/ writing/ fun

Nov. 4 News: My friend Angela replied back about the murder that occured in Millwoods.

Angela: Did you happen to notice the address of the garage where the murder took place? That garage is right by the bus stop I use to catch the bus every day! Talk about creepy!!! There were cop cars and a forensics unit parked there for weeks before the story finally hit the news. I feel sorry for the people living in the actual house… the garage is rented out separately by the landlord and the people in the house had no idea what was happening. Most of them have moved now out of fear.

Me: Well I went on Facebook, and then I saw your status. I was like: "Oh yeah, Angela lives in Millwoods." I didn't know that it was right by the bus stop where you catch the bus though. I didn't know that the cops were there before the story hit the news. Interesting.

Writing: The producer from Toronto emailed me back when I asked if he read my script on Sunday. He tells me to call him. I called him at 7am in the morning. I called him once a few weeks ago at 9am, but he wasn't there. I realized since he's in Toronto, it's a different time zone.

Me: Hi, I'm Tracy Au.
Larry: Oh yeah. Where do you want to film it?
Me: Edmonton. (Well Vancouver or Toronto would be cool so then I could travel. However, I want to represent Edmonton and keep a watch on production in a place I know.)
L: When do you want to film it?
Me: Next May. (After school is over.).

L: How many days do you want it to be shot in?
Me: I don't know.
L: What kind of equipment do you want?
Me: I don't know.
He then gives me this guy's name and number when I figure out what I want. I'm supposed to tell L first, then the other guy.

I went back to bed. Then after work I emailed him with my questions.

Job: At work, the prices have been raised and some people have noticed. I told Cameron my fear that this place will close down by December and lay us all off. It's when I worked at Ipsos, a job that I liked, and I got laid off working there after 7 months. After December, it will be 7 months. It's irrational.
C: Looks like 7 is not your lucky number.

Funny: My friend Sherri emailed me:

"I was erasing old email and reread this one. i was thinking of birth control (and btw a 3 month or yearly shot does not solve emotional problems) and suddenly i remembered an odd youtube film i'd seen, a pms spoof. i hope you can relate to the humor in it."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwKbUVyHLY

It wasn't until it got to the end that I actually thought it was funny.

Charity: Today the Salvation Army mailed me asking for donations. I never donated to them before, except drop money into that bowl during the Christmas time. They probably got my name and address from those other charities because they called me Mrs. I'm going to mail it back by saying: "Don't mail me anything anymore."

City Centre: There is going to be a new Starbucks in City Centre. There is already one, but they have to have another location in the other building.

Progress: I'm cutting down on TV. For example Kyle XY and Blood Ties ended their seasons, and I don't watch it anymore. When new episodes come back, then I watch it. I don't really watch So You Think You Can Dance Canada. I only watch bits and pieces of it during commercial breaks of well-written shows.

Nov. 6: I did that with the $1 Store and Chinatown for like one week in 2004. I quit Chinatown. Then I worked at Clothing Store #1 and Chinatown for a bit which is easy when I only work at one place one day a week. That was 2005.

I worked at Cafe #1 and Asian Fast Food Place for at the same time for one week. Hmm... it seems that I only work 2 jobs for a short period of time.

Barack Obama: I am really inspired that Barack Obama won. I had to wait until 2008 until we got a black president. I remember this black comedian on Comedy Network. I saw him in the late 90s or early 2000s. I was watching it when I was in Calgary. He said: "Bill Clinton is the blackest president we're ever going to get. He plays the saxophone and he smokes pot."

I'm also thinking about that music video by the Obama girl. She's singing and dancing: "I can't wait/ Until 2008/ Barack Obama/ You're the best candidate." I'm sure you can check it out on youtube.

Mystery: I was thinking about this story idea. You know how there are financial rewards given to people who find missing people or catch criminals? Does anyone ever really actively try to do that just to get the money? I remember the days I used to watch America's Most Wanted, but now don't because it's like Cops and I'm not allowed to watch that show because it gets me too angry and depressed.

The people who do catch criminals, they just randomly find them. I hear people's stories of how this guy was a co-worker or neighbor of his. Then he watches AMW, and then calls them in with the tip. Well I do remember in season 2 of Prison Break where the prison guard Bellick was trying to hunt down the escapees and collect the money.

Bounty hunters actively catch criminals to make money.

Nov. 7 Fun: Yesterday I bumped into Chelsea who I knew from high school. Today I bumped into Tyler from high school. He and his wife Angela came to the Soup place. I then looked them up on Facebook and requested them to be my friend. I also found Ronald Peterson, this actor from Edmonton who was on MADtv. He confirmed me as his friend.

20/20: I was watching 20/20 and it's about this guy who forced into a false confession about how he murdered his daughter. He was in interrogation for 14hrs and he didn't get to talk to a lawyer. I find that really unfair. Later a DNA test proves that he is innocent. The lawyer who defended him said this: "If you don't do the test, you can't arrest." She's right. They are still trying to find who killed 3 yr old Riley Fox.

This occured back in 2004. Then in 2006, the couple had another baby girl. There oldest Tyler, he was six when Riley went missing. He is now 9.

5 comments:

Zeroo said...

An area of the news writing fun can get the previous posts from this link and you can find the new people in order to get the reviews about this area. Just try this and get the new idea in order to make the big sense.

mikon said...

All these astories are unique in the sense of activation of the readers so they can go to this site to read according to their own taste in a unique and imaginative way.

Christopher Blevins said...

A great section of the media creating entertaining will get the last content using this website link and you may get the fresh folks to acquire the particular critiques concerning this location. Merely https://www.biowritingservice.com/personal-coach-biography-13-secrets-that-will-bring-you-clients/ and acquire the newest thought in order to make the particular huge perception.

Robinsheen said...

These stories are generally exclusive inside impression involving account activation in the audience just for them to visit the website you just read as outlined by their unique tastes in a very exclusive along with inventive means.

Christopher Blevins said...

These types of tales are usually unique within impact including accounts service within the target audience simply to allow them to go to https://www.paraphrasingservices.net/our-rewriting-services/ you simply study as reported by their own preferences in an exceedingly unique together with innovative indicates.