Friday, November 14, 2008

job/ learn/ job ranking

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2008

job/ learn/ job ranking

Nov. 14 Job:

This guy Daniel who works at Stitches actually came and worked with us for today because we needed him. This is just like Clothing store #2. I expected to work there for 2 months and worked there for 1.

Learn: I learned some things this week. Did you know that Y.M. owns the stores Siblings, Stitches, Sirens, Urban Planet, Raw Edge, Seduction, and Exco? UP does sell stuff from those stores in UP. I learned that I would probably like Clothing store #2, if this was my only job. After working at the Soup place, I rather keep working there than having one full- time job and another part- time job.

I realized that I did work a full- time job at the big company and on Saturday I worked at the Soup place. It's good to have two jobs if one job is a desk job where I can sit all day, and a job where I stand all the time. I can't be on my feet all the time. Yeah, I'm young, I thought I could do it, but I can't.

Now I'm reflecting back on if I worked at Call Centre #1 now, I would be working from 1pm-9pm. Back when I was working there in 2005 and 2006, I worked from 4pm-9pm because I was addicted to Dr Phil and Maury, and I wanted to stay at home to watch it before going to work. Well with Call Centre #2, you can only start work from 4:30pm-9pm on weekdays. They can only give part- time hours to new employees.

Now I'm thinking I would take another job that I can be on my feet in the day, and be sitting and talking on the phone at a call centre at night.

Job Ranking:

1. Call Centre #1- I love that call centre. After 2 years and call centre and restaurant jobs later, that is still my favorite job.

2. The Soup place- I worked here for 6 months. They give me full time, good hours, nice people, good pay.

3. Café #2- This was a good job because I met and became friends with my manager Aziz. It was mostly dead so we got to watch TV.

4. Call Centre #2- The first 3 months were good, until I started hating it. The pay was $9.50/hr and the minimum wage back then was $7/hr.

No comments: