Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tips on how to get rich / review/ job search

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2008

Tips on how to get rich / review/ job search

Sept 25 Tips on how to get rich: I was looking at my old emails in my draft part of my account and I have this: "$$$ Tips on how to get rich (or die trying) $$$" a referrel to the rapper 50 Cent's cd.

I found this great book called Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens at the Stanley A Miller library a couple of weeks ago. I just read your email about how money is coming towards you, so here's some tips on how to help. It's written by Robert T. Kiyosaki with Sharon L. Lechter, CPA. It's short so you can read it fast and learn a lot. Robert was so successful, he retired in his 40s. The "rich dad" is his best friend Mike's dad and his "poor dad" is his own dad who was a principal at his school. Go to his website called richdad.com to learn how to make money. It's basically about your attitude towards money. Ex.

Poor dad: The reason I'm not rich is because I have you kids.
Rich dad: The reason I must be rich is because I have you kids.

PD: Money is the root of all evil.
RD: Lack of money is the root of all evil.

(When I told to my sister, she says, "Love of money is the root of all evil.")

PD: Study hard so you can find a good company to work for.
RD: Study hard so you can find a good comany to buy.

PD: When it comes to money, don't take risks.
RD: Learn to manage risks.

PD: Work for benefits.
RD: Be totally self-reliant financially.

PD: Save.
RD: Invest.

PD: Write a good resume to find a good job.
RD: Write a strong business and financial plan to create a good company.

Tips are keep all your receipts and write down everything you buy. I do like saving money.

Go to this fun website richkidsmartkid.com to play some kid friendly games where you can learn how to make money in fun and safe environment. This saying is repeated throughout the entire book, "Work to learn, not to earn."

Sept. 26 Job: I worked from 10am-6pm today. Then they said they needed me till closing so I stayed until 8pm and worked there for 10hrs in total.

Review: I found this show called Kaya about a girl who is the lead singer in a rock band that got really successful. I realized that Instant Star is better. It's about a girl named Jude who won a singing contest and got a record contract. They are both comedy dramas, but I like IS better.

Job search: Today I went and emailed 11 resumes to office positions again. I did back in May when I found the postings on Job Bank, but I want to try again. I have a nitpick with my email. Yahoo has formatted it in a way that I save a draft of my email. I then send it, and the draft is automatically deleted. I record all the emails I send as in my script pitches and resumes onto a piece of paper so I know who and when I sent it to since my email doesn't do it for me anymore.

Sept. 27 Music: I borrowed the Kreesha Turner cd called "Passion" from the library the other day. You may have heard of her songs "Bounce with Me" and "Don't Call Me Baby" on 91.7 The Bounce radio station. Her cd is really good with R&B tracks. They are mostly ballads, but she sounds really good. Check it out.

There must be some flu going around at work, because Cameron was sick all week, Christine left early because she was sick yesterday. Today Vivian called and said she couldn't work tomorrow. A new woman started working here today. Her name is Lisa. She applied today, and then Stella interviewed her. We were shorthanded, so she was hired on the spot. We all trained her. It was fun.

Sept. 28 Writing: This morning I went and emailed to all these agencies again to get a writer's agent. I did back in February of this year. 8 months have gone by, and I'm doing it again. I have even emailed some of the people who rejected me, but most who have not replied back. Overall, I emailed 19 places. This time I attached my revised resume that Angela created for me.

I called Angela today to tell her that the Desperate Housewives premiere is on tonight. We chatted for a bit. She told me that being an administrative assistant is a difficult job.

 She has worked as one as a bank, and she has carried checks that are worth $1 million. 

Today I will apply to work as a sales associate at all these other stores at City Centre. This time it's different because I'm going to pass out the revised resumes and use my address labels that I got from charities. I remember all my job searches.

The Rundown: 

2003: I graduated out of high school and applied for jobs during the summer and didn't get hired. In the fall, I applied again to the same stores at City Centre and no one hired me. It was different the second time because my sister fixed my resume after she told me to get some volunteer experience to put on it, and I did. I was working at my mom's place as a teacher's assistant because she gave me the job.
= 2 job searches

2004: After a year at Centre High, I applied to the stores at City Centre and got a job at the $1 Store and worked there all summer. = 1 job search

2005: After a year at Nait, I applied to stores at CC, and got hired at Clothing store #1 at West Ed. I worked there for 5 months, and during that time I applied to Call Centre #1. I then worked at Call Centre #1.
= 2 job searches

2006: After getting laid off from Ipsos, I applied at CC. I worked at the Office Supply store for one month and then got hired at Call Centre #2. During the time at Call Centre #2, I applied to cafes.
= 2 job searches

2007: During the summer I worked at 6 jobs and the whole time I was looking for a really good one. = 1 job search

2008: I worked at Clothing store #2. I got fired, then I worked at the Soup place. The whole time I was at those 2 jobs, I was looking for a bank job with the revised resume that Angela created. I worked at a bank, then quit. Now I'm looking for another administrative assistant job with the revised resume. = 4 job searches

City Centre: I went to pass out my resumes to there, and I go there everyday, but I never noticed all these new stuff. That's because I go straight to work and don't look at the other stores. The washrooms are renovated and are really nice. The store Possi selling upscale clothes takes over where Uniquewear once was. Where It's Art is going to close down since I see this sign that says: "Store's closing. Everything on Sale." Urban Behavior is hiring so I dropped my resume there.

Le Chateau also changed their job application. It used to be 2 sheets, front and back, red, blue, black ink. Now it's one sheet, front and back, black and white ink. They seem to be going green with less paper.

6 comments:

martin said...

Outstanding blog. Both dads are right in their places so what we have to learnt is that we should plan a good job by writing resume. When you get good job definitely you would have money so dreaming big is good and know more details about how.

Christopher Blevins said...

Each of those dads can be best to their websites click the link just what we should instead learnt is without a doubt which we should really schedule a very good project as a result of authoring restart. As you secure decent project without a doubt you might contain bucks as a result dreaming great is without a doubt decent and even learn about the specifics of the correct way.

Christopher Blevins said...

Just like you safe and best ideas here sound really good job indisputably you can have greenbacks due to this fact musing superb is without a doubt really good and perhaps know about a specs with the right way.

Kenneth M. Lundgren said...

Good article.

Kenneth M. Lundgren said...

This is absolutely very good conversation and tips to search a job. This conversation should helpful for job finder to achieve a good job. Here author provided mind-blowing information and also check our capstone project writing services from https://www.capstoneproject.net/capstone-project-vs-thesis. Thanks for sharing.

Victor D. Frampton said...

This is really very good job opportunity for job finder. Resume writing is most important for a job application. Here author provided great tips and review to achieve a good job. Also in this blog I have got lots of valuable article. Please here visit this site to get our sop writing services. Thanks for sharing great blog.