Wednesday, September 17, 2008

fun/ writing/ defense

Sept. 13 Fun: I went on myspace.com to look for the actor Craig Olejnik. I found a Thirteen Ghosts page. CO was in it as the Torn Prince. I then went on Facebook to look him up and found a The Listener page. I then joined the group. There are lots of people who joined it, but only 3 posts. I then posted something like: "I love you Craig, you are hot. I've seen you in Obituary, Thirteen Ghosts, Wolf Lake, and So Weird. I can't wait to see you in The Listener." Maybe he'll go on the page, and email me back.

I also bumped into Sarah on the bus, and we talked. I updated her on getting my learner's permit, and a job at an office.

Job: Today I worked at the Soup place. It's official, Dana has quit. She got this job last month to replace me. Don told me that she got so angry, that she walked out. They hired a new girl Angel, but she only shown up for one shift and didn't come for the next. Ray came back and visited us.

Music: I borrowed the Vanessa Hudgen's cd "Identified" from the library. I like it. She kind of sounds like Hilary Duff in a few songs. My favorite song would be the techno song "Party on the moon." Her voice has this robotic edge in it. She's got some good dance songs, and a few ballads.

News: Matt Damon and Haitian- born Wyclef John help people in Haiti, who experienced the Hurrican Ike. They served food to them. Later a man recognized MD and showed him The Bourne Ultimatum dvd. MD laughed. lol.

Sept. 14 Job search: I was sick yesterday and today. I was going to pass out my resume and look for a job today at City Centre. My experiment has many variables. If I put my "Mrs" address label, will they be more or less likely to hire me? I also have the revised resume that Angela fixed so I am pretty certain that will increase my chance of getting hired. There are other variables like people quitting, getting fired, or the store isn't hiring.

On my resume it shows what year I graduated out of high school. People can do the math and know how old I am and think that I'm married. In my opinion, I don't like when people get married before they are 25. I only find it somewhat acceptable if one person is under 25, and the other person is over 25. If I were a boss and I see this applicant is under 25, and married, I will still give this person a chance for an interview. However, some people may not.

Writing: Today I mailed my submission out and signed the release form. On Aug. 31, I found this website www.mediajobsearchcanada and they gave me this huge list full of TV/ film production companies. I have now clicked on every link, and emailed my pitch to the entire list. Yeah, sure some of the pages didn't load, and weren't relevant in what I was looking for. There were sites advertising how to make wedding videos.

I kept track of every email I sent, and in total I emailed 161 TV/ production companies. I am very prolific. I mailed one submission out, so that would be 162.

Sept. 15: Today I mailed the other submission out. I checked my email today and only one person emailed me back about my script pitch. In the past 2 days, I emailed 37 production companies. This guy gave me his cell number to contact him.

Funny: I was watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. One of the characters opens the fridge, and the cabinets are clear. She then opens the freezer which is a drawer at the bottom of the fridge. That fridge is exactly like mine, except there's is white and mine is stainless steel. I was so excited to see that we have the same fridge. lol. I told this to Patrick, and he's like: "I'm sure they make thousands of these."

I gave in and decided to read comments on the bad show Secret Life of an American Teenager on twop.com. I was avoiding the thread to avoid spoilers, but now since the show started, I can read up to some pages. I didn't think it was really bad, but it's a guilty pleasure. The thread's funny, but at the same time, people pointed out how it's so bad like:

"So far I'm angry at Ben. All the pre-show info touted him as the "nice boy." Did he sound like a "nice boy" when he said, "I'm 15 and if I don't want to be a virgin then I have to start somewhere?" And delibrately picks a less popular girl to start off with since she will be easier to seduce? Right now he is reminding me of a friend of mine who I am really mad at right now. Sweet, nerdy exterior with a disrespectful, womanizing interior."

"I'm still not sure it this was supposed to be a comedy or a drama, but it could be the incredibly bad acting that is causing this confusion."

Person: "'I'm a Christian. And I'm a man. And right now I don't know how to be both.' Oh the turmoil! You're a teenage boy who wants to have sex with his girlfriend and she's holding out. Welcome to America!'"

I burst out laughing at that one.

Defense:

What's interesting is that when I was working at Call Centre #2, I was being passive-aggressive and trying to bring the place down by telling my co-workers that Call Centre #3 pay $10.50 starting wage. That was really passive.

The White Tie Affair: My sister was watching The Hills, and I was on the computer as was Patrick. The band The White Tie Affair performed on the ep. The lead singer, the guy in the red shirt is hot. Check him out and their music:

 http://thewhitetieaffair.ning.com/

Sept. 16: I really like the song "The Enemy" by the White Tie Affair. It's fast and a good dance song.

As soon as I got home from work, I went and read more twop.com dissing Secret Life of an American Teenager. I'm learning on how to not write. A producer emailed and asked to read my script, so I sent it to him.

Joke: I was watching 90210 with my sister. The characters Dixon and Erin are studying biology.

Erin: Where does bile come from?
Me: The nose?
S: No!
Me: The stomach?
S: The bladder.
E: The liver.
Let's mark it here and now, my sister doesn't know everything. lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't put "Mrs." because that would be lying on your resume when you are clearly not married and STOP WRITING ABOUT ME. You didn't even know what they were talking about on 90210.

Gary P Henderson said...

You should not place "Mrs. inch simply because that might be laying in your CV when you're obviously not really hitched and prevent CURRENTLY TALKING ABOUT ME PERSONALLY. visit website A person did not actually understand what these were referring to upon 90210.

Donald C Palmer said...

You ought not spot "Mrs. " mainly because that might be installing within your CURRICULUM VITAE if you are clearly certainly not married preventing CURRENTLY TALKING ABOUT US. check out internet site http://marketing.biowritingservices.com/. Someone failed to in fact determine what we were holding discussing after 90210.

Christopher Blevins said...

The CURRICULUM VITAE in case you are plainly most certainly not wedded avoiding CURRENTLY TALKING ABOUT US ALL. have a look at world wide web site check more info. An individual did not in reality figure out what we all have been having speaking about right after.

martin said...

Writing is fun indeed and with this imagination we can create many new things. This idea can give us to explore the details with all possible ways.

Christopher Blevins said...

Publishing is usually enjoyment really along with that curiosity we can easily build quite a few completely new factors. https://www.professionalwritingservices.biz/have-you-ever-heard-about-paraphrasing-tool/ that strategy can grant you to help examine the main points having many doable means.