Friday, September 19, 2008

job/ quotes/ good news

Sept. 17 Job: It was crazy today.

That reminds me of The Simpsons where Superintendent Charmers fires Principal Skinner.

C: You're fired.
S: Did you just call me a liar?
C: No, I said you're fired.
S: That's worse. Much worse.

That also reminds me of The Simpsons. The ep where they show some deleted scenes like when Homer's mom comes back.

H: Hey mom, did you know that I work at the nuclear power plant?
M: Yes.
H (smugly): Yeah well did you know that I don't work very hard. (Leans in and lowers his voice). In fact, I'm bringing down the plant from the inside.
H winks and nods at her.

I remember writing this above scene in an email when I was trying to get people to quit working at Call Centre #2, so that they could work at Call Centre #3. If enough people quit, Call Centre #2 would then close down.

My dad gave me some good motivational quotes.

Quotes: "Anything worthwhile isn't going to be easy."

"When you quit, you're not giving yourself a chance."

I did give it a good shot. I did try my best. That's the least I could say. I have this job to put on my resume. I'm getting a flashback of that time I was working at Clothing Store #2 and I felt so guilty for quitting after a few weeks. That is a "garbage job" as my dad would say. I throw that job away, I could easily pick it back up again. Summer 2007 was the "job hopper summer."

I'm a 23 yr old girl, and I am bringing this place down. This company is going south not because of bad bosses and executives, or someone cooking the books like stealing money. One incompetent worker trying to do her job the best she can. There is nothing unethical here.

Sept. 18 Joke: It's a coincidence that I was watching Jay Leno and this joke he made.

Jay: 86% of people say they have an annoying co-worker. The other 14% don't know that they are the annoying co-worker.


Job info: Today the Berenstein Clinic called me today. I passed my resume to them once in May or June. The starting wage is $15 to work as a receptionist. That's good. However, the only clinics I can be hired at are Caralosa Clinic (West Ed mall), Kristy's Corner (St. Albert Trail), South Edmonton Common, and Victoria Trail. I can't get to those places. I applied at City Centre and they aren't hiring at that place.

If you are interested, you can call the City Centre 780-428-8446 and they will do a job interview on the phone, on the spot.

Tyra: Today on the Tyra Banks show, it was about teen pregnancy so I had to watch it. It seems the only time I watch this show is if it's about this or prostitution. They interviewed girls who are pregnant, and girls who want to get pregnant. The pregnant girls mentioned how it's so hard to have a baby. There are pills and taking blood out of you every couple of months.

TB mentioned about how since they don't use protection, they are exposing themselves to STDs. I think maybe Tyra can prevent some girls from getting pregnant. This isn't a total confession, because I am allowed to watch Tyra. She doesn't get me mad. I only watch it on the occasions she discusses those above serious topics.

Daren Kagasof: While I'm at it, I will admit that I have a crush on the actor Daren Kagasof. He plays the bad boy Ricky on Secret Life of the American Teenager. He's 21. He's also a middle kid like me. He went to university studying business and then quit when he wasn't feeling it.

Good news:

Sept. 19: The convo with my dad went like this:

Me: I'm going to email them and say I'm quitting and not coming to work tomorrow.
D: Are you scheduled to work tomorrow?
Me: I don't know. I thought I could quit and not come to work.
D: If you're scheduled to work, you should go there and tell them in person you're quitting.

Good point. I went and I gave them my letter of resignation, name tag, and scan card. It took them 3 weeks until they gave me my name tag, but I'm sure they will end up keeping the tag and give it to someone also named Tracy. That name isn't too common, and not totally weird either. lol.

Now I'm thinking of The Simpsons again, where Homer joins the freak show and ends up quitting.

Boss: I'm very disappointed in you Homer. I expect your letter of resignation on my desk.
H: You have a desk?
B: No, it's just the hood of my car.

If my dad didn't want me to quit, I was going to say: "I'm a 23yr old woman, and I have to make my decisions." Earlier in this email I said I was "23 yr old girl" being incompetent. Last month when I got this job, I called it good news. Now when I leave the job after a month, I also call it good news. lol.

Phone calls: I just called Servus Credit Union and told them I'm interested in working with them. The group job interview is next month and I emailed my resume to them. I called the Soup place and asked if I can work on the weekdays, and they said they hired someone new. We'll see if this person is good, and if he or she even shows up on the first day of work. My mom told me to call the driving instructor, so I called him twice and he isn't picking up. I'll keep trying.

It's been hrs since I wrote that. What was good was that I got paid for today's work from the company, even though I didn't work there at all today. I get paid to do nothing. The Soup place called me, and someone didn't show up at 10am, so I went and worked there from 11am-6pm.

Last night I had a dream that I was working at this old Clothing Store. I then emailed Dani on Facebook asking for my job back. She did say that sometimes she fires people, and later hires them back. I sent her my revised resume, and maybe she'll hire me back. It's a good thing I never left the Soup place, so I'm never out of a job.

News: I was watching 20/20 and it was about a woman who was being chased by this guy who was shooting at her. The guy was a friend of hers and he really liked her, but she wasn't interested. He calls her house saying he has a gun. He comes over, and she tells him that she will talk to him outside of the house. They get into seperate cars, and she calls the cops and drives away. He chases after her. Her boyfriend was in the house and dials 911.

The boyfriend chases them too. The 911 operator was somewhat rude by saying: "Stop yelling at me. I can't help you if you're yelling at me." The woman then was asking for a police station. They get to the station, but there are iron gates. She then gets out of the car. They show the tape of the woman running and getting shot. The man then shoots himself as a woman cop runs to them hearing shots.

She then died. She was smart in leading him out of the house away from her kids and boyfriend. Another smart thing was that to lead him to the police station. The man that shot her, then shot himself. He had 2 failed marriages before that. He wrote a suicide note saying that he wants to be with this woman and commit suicide and die with this woman.

No comments: