Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Post Secret- Father's Day (Part 4)/ Post Secret (Part 27)/ James Marsters is coming to Edmonton

Jun. 11, 2023:






Jun. 18, 2023:






See 101 Father’s Day Secrets at the PostSecret Digital Museum of Secrets. Father’s Day Exhibition


EXHIBITION

Father’s Day

About the exhibition

On Father’s Day, I always give my dad a holiday card, but some of the courageous secrets shared in this exhibition express my complex relationship with my dad much better than Hallmark ever could.




Stories from the Community

From Grandpa

I was told a secret by a young woman who still calls her grandfather's answering machine to hear his voice. He died in the Iraq war. "Hearing his voice makes me smile and cry. He was a proud Marine." She said.

0:29
Before flying

My Dad sent this message to me over Facebook Messenger the night before I was supposed to fly home from a trip to Paris… He died last year. I listen to this message every time I fly now

0:19




Family Photo – A story in four parts






A way to remember them






Last Christmas Card



Chosen

I got these text messages from my dad after my mother confessed he wasn’t actually my biological dad. I’m 31 years old and this is the first I knew of it.







The other 2 blog posts of the week are about travel:


"Protecting your wallet against lost, delayed baggage more important than ever"/ "How to get compensated if your flight is cancelled in Canada"

http://badcb.blogspot.com/2023/06/protecting-your-wallet-against-lost.html


"Travellers to U.S. will no longer need a COVID test as of June 12"/ "Flying for the 1st time since the pandemic started? It doesn't have to be stressful"

http://badcb.blogspot.com/2023/06/travellers-to-us-will-no-longer-need.html


Jun. 20, 2023 "Telus scraps 1.5% credit card surcharge on customer bills": Today I found this article by Pete Evans on CBC.  Here's some good news for customers to save money:


Telus has reversed its decision to charge an extra fee to customers who use a credit card to pay their bills.

Last fall, the telecom company announced it would start charging some of those customers a fee of up to 1.5 per cent.

That change came about as a result of a settlement between credit card companies and merchants that would allow merchants to start passing on the cost of fees known as interchange fees directly to customers.

The CRTC rejected that request in December, noting that it was "very concerned about this practice as it goes against affordability and consumer interest," but noted that it didn't have the power to stop the company from implementing the fee in parts of its business that are outside of CRTC regulation.

On Tuesday, Telus confirmed to CBC News that it has scrapped the fee altogether.

"After thoughtful review, we have removed the credit card processing fee on bill payments," the company told CBC News in a statement. "We want our customers to know that we heard their concerns, and we thank them for sharing their feedback."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/telus-credit-card-fee-1.6882341


"Ont. grandmother gives away yard sale items after discovering $1M lotto ticket stashed in her purse for months":  Today I found this article by Elianna Lev on Yahoo:




Jun. 21, 2023 Edmonton Screenwriters Facebook group: I asked this guy Greg to email his script so I can read and make comments.  Last night I checked my spam, and then I found out he emailed me 2 weeks ago.  I then read it and wasn't really that interested in it.

I sent him my comments.


James Marsters is coming to Edmonton: My sister emailed me this.  I thanked her for telling me this.  She knows I love Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I had a big crush on the character when I was a teen.  

I then emailed this to my friends who love Buffy like Tamara, Leslie, and Angela.

Of course I'm a big fan of Buffy, and I was always watching and talking about that show with Tamara.  I gave her all those magazine clippings from that show to her. 

Quickbooks/ How to make decisions/ Tracy giving away her magazine clippings (Work from Home Part 1)




"The Edmonton Comics & Entertainment Expo announced on Wednesday some of the artists coming to this year's edition":






Marc Champagne:

www.behindthehuman.com

Marc Champagne unpacks the mental fitness practices and reflective questions shaping the lives of some of the most successful and brilliant thinkers in the world. He is the author of Personal Socrates, a best-selling book exploring the pointed questions that stimulate our mental fitness and teach us how to direct our internal narrative to work for us instead of against us. 

He is the host of the top 50 ranked podcast Behind The Human and co-founded the journaling app (KYO) which reached 86.9 million people without any paid advertising. He has studied mental fitness practices for over a decade and consults with Fortune 500 companies as a mental fitness strategist and practitioner.

"We are all one question away from a completely different life" –Marc Champagne



Take regular breaks: I found this on Facebook: I listen to a 5 minute or 10 minute guided meditation. I take breaks during the day.






I'm posting the weekly blog post on Wednesday, because I will be busy on Friday.

No comments: