Friday, September 23, 2022

Contract World/ LiveXchange- Pizza Hut/ Pizza 73 (Work from Home Part 20)

Mar. 7, 2021 Contract World/ LiveXchange: This is where they train people to take orders for Pizza Hut.

In Mar. 2020, before we went to quarantine, I trained here.  There were 20 of us in the class.  I paid $57 to take the class.  You are an independent contractor so you have to pay to learn.  That is tax- deductible.

On Sat. was an 8 hr class.  The trainer was good and we learned it.  We also split into groups of 3 where we practiced being a customer and being the CSR taking the order.

You can take the test where the trainer pretends to be the customer and you take their order.  If you don't pass, you can take the test the next day.  There was an hour to practice prior to that.

I didn't pass on Sat. or Sun.

The trainer says I have access to the computer order program and can take the 8hr class next Sat, and then take the test.  If I don't pass that, I can still take the class, the next Sat.  

How to make decisions:

1. Do you want to?

2. Do you need to?

3. Do you have to?

I didn't really want to, need to, or have to take the class.  This is before the quarantine, so I can still look around and find another work from home job.

Know thyself: After the 8 hr training and also 2 hr on Sun., I thought the class was too hard for me.  I know my skills and this seemed really hard.  I'll cut my losses of $57 and 10 hrs.

I went on the internet and there were a lot of negative comments like you make 55 cents an order.  There are shifts where you are getting paid less than minimum wage.  Here are all the comments below:


LIVEXCHANGE : On-demand Virtual workforce

This is from Mar. 2020:


Flexjobs/ ContractWorld- (Work from Home Part 2)

Tracy's blog: Flexjobs/ ContractWorld- (Work from Home Part 2) (badcb.blogspot.com)


ContractWorld/ Livexchange (Work from Home Part 3)

Tracy's blog: ContractWorld/ Livexchange (Work from Home Part 3) (badcb.blogspot.com)



Glassdoor:

:

"I really enjoy it, wage is horrible"

3.0
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON
Doesn't Recommend

I have been working at Intuitive Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home Helpful support team Interesting, customers

Cons

Paid per order, very hard to make even minimum wage


Indeed:


job was very easy, simply taking orders for pizza chain. just not enough pay and hours were minimal. we selected ourown hours but you had to work so many just to get a decent check. Also you are paid by order so if you work 10 hrs a day and only get 2 orders that day as people have a tendency to call and ask hours of questions and NEVER order.... waste of time! you are only aid fr those 2 orders!
Hated everything about this job. Pay was horrible and repetitive work they grade your calls and bribe with pizza to get you to stay longer. Management was no help when you had issue
Pros
Nothing
Cons
Breaks, pay


Incompetent managers, qa reviews are lies to hold you back from small bonuses, unfair pay and not as flexible as they say before your hired. I had to call them out in 5 occasions for marking my qa score wrong as i followed protocal and proved it by reviewi g my calls with them and i get fired for being combative. Totally unfair. I was simply fighting for what I deserved!
Pros
None
Cons
Many
If you haven't work in awhile it's a good place to get experience but the pay that I saw advertise I never made and you have to talk fast and you need to get the customer off the line in about 2 minutes. The weekends are a must.

Working here is great because it is a remote position. Taking orders and customizing pizzas was fun. Pay was not great. $.55 per call was a struggle. I would log in during my shift, I had about 3, 15 min breaks and then go back to work.
You are told that you can set your own schedule, but you have to work every weekend, and almost everyday just to get the minimum contract hours. God forbid if you have a set schedule or another job, and even then they send out emails and text messages to you asking you to come in because they need additional agents for a time frame that's not available in the schedule you made. 
Minimal support for things you have problems with, numerous technical difficulties with their call system. You only are compensated 55 cents per order, and the target earnings at least 14 calls/orders per hour to make minimum wage, and even if its busy, most likely you wont make that unless you stay on for about 10-12 hours, and you don't get paid for transfers to boot! 
You can take a an call with an order placed, and then if customer asks for a manager before the order goes through, you wont get paid for that order-talk about unfair! 
At least give 15-20 cents per transfer. Sometimes when its slow, you just sit on the clock, and get calls that want info on store hours or prices and specials-that is still a service done for the company-that you don't get compensated for. Not to mention you encounter some of the rudest customers that know they are calling into a call center and they hold it against you and tell you they don't want to speak with you, they want the store manager directly. Lastly once they figure out that you have a set schedule and cant work otherwise around it, little things begin to pop up-like the hours you usually work get filled and the hours that you are asked to work but cant, become available. I could go on and on but I will stop here. - less
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No perks, scheduling, rude customers, and not much manager support

This would be a good first time job for someone who is getting into the working world. I did not get paid enough for dealing with customers and paying for my own internet and landline phone bill in order to actually work for the company.
Pros
none
Cons
poor pay and poor hours

Pizza 73: Here is a Pizza 73 order taker job.  Here is a review from Indeed:

Unethical business practices

I signed up for Pizza 73 as a work-from-home Service Provider. The work involved taking pizza orders over the phone, working over the internet and transferring calls as necessary. The work itself was fine; it was even fun. Sometimes I'd have to deal with irate customers, but all in all, the job wasn't difficult to deal with.The problem was wages. This job is commission-based and you are set up as an independent contractor, so you are paid piece work per call. Their classified ads state that home Service Providers can make between $12-14/hr if they work fast enough.
 However, this is simply not true. Even after I successfully kept my calls under two minutes and easily achieved the high-end speed goals they wanted me to hit, I only reached a peak wage of $8.80/hr, which is still far below minimum wage, and this was during the busiest time of the year when they were offering weekly bonus incentives on top of the normal rate.The truth is, no matter how hard or fast you work, you will never, EVER, make the advertised wage of $12-14/hr, you will most likely hover around $7/hr. 
I received excellent monthly performance reviews from my managers that did not contain any suggestions on how to improve my speeds, and as far as I could tell I had effectively mastered the job, and yet I was still not receiving the advertised hourly target wage.This is because those targets are fabricated in order to attract new Service Providers, as they have a high turnover rate. They obviously won't attract new workers if they state that you'll be making around $7/hr! I would even say they go so far as to say that their classified ads are in the realm of false advertising.
The worst part is that they won't even provide you with a reference when you decide to leave the company. After six months of working there, despite consistently producing quality work and receiving excellent performance reviews, they simply would not grant me a reference and would not provide a reason why. I know they received my request but they deliberately ignored it multiple times.Do yourself a favor and never work there, and remember that every time you order pizza from Pizza 73 you are supporting their unethical policy of paying their contractors less than minimum wage
Pros
Flexible schedule, set your own hours, friendly support staff
Cons
Abysmal pay, no references, no room for advancement, dead-end job

My opinion: If you want to be a pizza order taker at Pizza Hut and Pizza 73:

1. You get paid like 55 cents an order.

2. You will most likely get paid less than minimum wage of $15/hr.

3. You will have to work on Fri., Sat, and Sun. nights.

In Dec. 2020, I looked into working at Pizza 73 as an order taker:

Here's an email from a boss there:

Just a little bit of information about what is expected of a Contracted Independent Service Provider:

You’re going to be receiving calls for all of our Pizza 73 restaurants in Alberta, Saskatchewan, BC, and the Yukon placing orders for our customers. Each and every completed order sent to the restaurant earns you 1.9% commission. Commission goes up to 2.2% after midnight. On our more busy days, commission can be raised even further depending on demand.

You’re able to work as much or as little as you like, as long as you are active during the invoice periods. Your sales target should be approximately $15.00 - $20.00 on average per hour. This would roughly be 30 orders an hour. 

You are provided invoices twice per month. Invoice days are every 5th and 20th of each month. Please keep your invoices as we do not deduct any taxes. Being self-employed, that will be left in your hands.

 

We provide all of the setup and training. The only things you need to provide are:

 

A Windows 8/10 PC

A high quality USB headset

A high speed wired internet connection.


Training is not paid.

Sept. 18, 2022 I want a 2nd PT work from home job: I'm writing about this now because I'm looking for a work from home job.  I got a work from home job since Mar. 2021- present.  I haven't been looking for a job at all since Mar. 2021.

However, I haven't been getting any shifts.  I'm getting employment insurance.  

I told my friends at the Personality Meetup group: there are jobs to be a market research/ survey interviewer, order taker, customer service rep, etc.  

I want something I can do with a phone and a computer.

M: How about being a taxi dispatcher?

I attended an interview around 2011-2012.  I looked it up and there weren't any positions.


This week doesn't have a theme.  Here are the 2 other blog posts:

"Police officer arrested"/ Jacob Hall superhero funeral/ "US Millionaire jailed for at least 17 years for murdering Cardiff student"/ "Sherri Papini's husband recalls telling young children she had been found alive"

Tracy's blog: "Police officer arrested"/ Jacob Hall superhero funeral/ "US Millionaire jailed for at least 17 years for murdering Cardiff student"/ "Sherri Papini's husband recalls telling young children she had been found alive" (badcb.blogspot.com)


"Parents of Michigan boy charged in Oxford school shooting"/ "Florida police say students may have thwarted a potential mass shooting by reporting Snapchat messages"




My week:



Fri. Sept. 16, 2022 CX Building: 

M brought the rest of the buns and spring rolls that she bought last week, but didn't make.  We then ate the rest of that.
A made nachos and that was good.

A also brought the game Monopoly in card game form.  My brother, sister and I played the Monopoly game a lot when we were kids in elementary school.  I find that game kind of boring now.

Yard sale: I went to take the bus to the party, and I saw there was yard sale.  I looked around for a few minutes and then took the bus.  The next morning I went there again and was there for like 20 min.  I was looking at the DVDs, but there was none I liked.  There were a few cds.

There were lots of home decor items from Winners.  There were price stickers from that store.  There was small furniture like folding stools, dishware, women's clothes, and decorative tin cans.  I already have decorative tin cans.



Sept. 15, 2022 "Your restaurant meal is about to get even pricier": Today I found this article by Christina Jung on CBC news:

In its annual report, Foodservices Facts, Restaurants Canada says menu prices at full-service restaurants are set to increase by about 7.8 per cent by the end of 2022.

About 35 per cent of full-service restaurant operators plan to raise their menu prices by more than that, with many increasing them between 10 and 15 per cent by the end of the year, according to the report.

The report cites the war in Ukraine and high energy costs as contributing factors to the high cost of food restaurant owners are experiencing.

It says food costs are among the top challenges currently facing food service operators, with 542 B.C. restaurants out of nearly 10,000 permanently closing their doors between April 2021 and July 2022. 

Mark von Schellwitz, the vice president of Western Canada with Restaurants Canada, says restaurants still have some "incredible hurdles to overcome" in recovering from the pandemic and inflation.

"You are talking [substantial] increases in our food costs. When you look at dairy, it's up nearly 20 per cent, beef 16 per cent, cooking oil 20 per cent. There's been a lot of inflationary pressure ... and our natural gas costs have gone up by about 22 per cent as well."


My opinion: 542 out of 10,000 is 5%.  Some of you may say:

"That's not a lot of restaurants that closed down."
"That's a lot of restaurants that closed down."


Sept. 16, 2022 "The loonie has fallen to its lowest level in almost two years — here's why": Today I found this article by Pete Evans on CBC: 

All things being equal, rate hikes increase the value of a country's currency because it makes it more worthwhile for foreign investors to park their money there: they'll get a higher return for doing so. That rule of thumb is even more applicable than usual right now, because the U.S. dollar is seen as the safest place to keep your money during times of uncertainty. 

"There's been an absolute flood of money into the U.S. dollar because it is the pre-eminent safe haven and because the U.S. economy is much stronger than everywhere else," says Adam Button, chief currency analyst with foreign exchange firm ForexLive.

The loonie has fallen to its lowest level in almost two years — here's why | CBC News

Sept. 14, 2022 "Patagonia founder to give apparel company to trust, direct profits toward climate crisis fight": Today I found this article on CBC.  It was about charity so I like that:

Yvon Chouinard, the billionaire founder of outdoor apparel brand Patagonia, said on Wednesday he is giving away the company to a trust that will use its profit to fight the climate crisis.

Instead of selling the company or taking it public, Chouinard, who became famous for alpine climbs in Yosemite National Park and has a net worth of $1.2 billion US, is transferring his family's ownership of the company to a trust and a non-profit organization.

"Each year, the money we make after reinvesting in the business will be distributed as a dividend to help fight the crisis," he wrote in an open letter on the company's website Wednesday.

"Instead of extracting value from nature and transforming it into wealth for investors, we'll use the wealth Patagonia creates to protect the source of all wealth."

Patagonia founder to give apparel company to trust, direct profits toward climate crisis fight | CBC News

Sept. 20, 2022 Quantum Leap: I saw this show last night on City TV.  

"Set 30 years after Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished, follows a new team that must restart the project hoping to understand the mysteries behind the machine and its creator."

Quantum Leap (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

My opinion: When I first heard about this show earlier this year, I was kind of excited about it because it sounds interesting.  The pilot was average at best, and mediocre at worst.  I didn't really like it.  I will record the series and watch this all in a week when my favorite shows are on break when Nov. comes.

I'm going to predict this show is going to get cancelled after 1 season.

La Brea: When I saw the pilot last year, I didn't like it.  I had the same opinion as above.  When I watched the show all in a week, I did like it.

Sept. 22, 2022 The Cleaning Lady: The season 2 premiere was good.  I will record the series and watch this all in a week.

FBI: Most Wanted: The season 4 premiere was good.  Also, another character has left the show.  Spoiler alert: Ortiz left.

Big Sky: The season 3 premiere was good.  Luke Mitchell (Roman from Blindspot) is on.  I don't really like his hair in this because it's long to his chin.  He plays the son to Reba McIntyre's character Sunny.  Jensen Ackles (from Supernatural) is on as the sheriff.  The country singer and actress Reba McIntyre is Sunny who opens a glamping business.

Computer fix: I tried putting the 2 different keyboards into my 2004 computer and it says it's not plugged in when it is.  I tried at 3 different times. I then called my dad's friend T and he came over and fixed it.  The keyboards and the mouse work.  

However, it seems to be kind of restarting itself when I left it and didn't touch it.  I only go on there to print things.

"Sunday Best" by Surfaces:  I heard this song on a TD bank commercial.  It's a really happy and upbeat song.

(3705) Surfaces - Sunday Best (Lyrics) - YouTube

No comments: