Friday, January 8, 2021

Post Secret (Part 5)/ National Human Trafficking Hotline 1 (888) 373-7888

Jun. 26, 2016:

becarefulyourimportant

thanls

Jul. 4, 2016:

My foster mother is the reason for my success.  I am the reason others will be blessed.

Jul. 31, 2016:

andnowsheknowsittoo
cop


My opinion: That's good that he or she changed careers from one meaningful
career to another career that also helps people.




faith


smilingatthenatives

screwed

My opinion: That reminds me of that time in 2009 when I was working at the Soup place.
I told my bosses and gave them one week notice that I will only be working there on the 
weekends when I got hired at Call Centre #3 on the weekdays.

When Mon. came, I was told that Co-worker J wasn't there (as usual on a Mon.), and B wasn't here (he misses 1 or 2 days of work, but you can't predict which day) and I wasn't here.

There were 4 of them and they were crazy busy.  Then they hired 2 young women full-time.  1 to replace me, and the other 1 to replace J and B.  J and B didn't get fired, but they kept missing work. 



bike


My opinion: We can all learn from this.  I read a Cosmogirl magazine 2005 issue about 
a young woman who paid off like $12,000 for her boyfriend's car (or something like that). 







teacher

currency
Aug. 28, 2016:

dearfriend

slog

sunalsosets
Oct. 10, 2016:
13-callme




sticker
—–Email—–
Dear Frank,
About 7 years ago, I was in Barnes and Noble looking at the Post Secret Books.  I had a deal with myself that I wouldn’t buy one until I found an actual secret someone had put in one of the books.  That day, I found one, and promptly bought the book and framed the secret.  I moved about a year after that and packed up the framed secret, never taking it out of the box (actually, I had forgotten about it).

Then this morning, I found it.  You see, I just broke up with someone who I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with.  I thought it was time to put our mementos in a box so I didn’t see them everyday.  I went searching for a small box I could use and found one I hadn’t looked in for awhile.  I emptied it, and at the bottom of the box was the framed secret.  It read:





happy

I cannot tell you how much I needed to read that.  To whoever put that secret in the book, thank you.  I don’t know if you’ll ever see this, but you’ve helped me feel a little better.  And where a picture of my ex-boyfriend and I used to be in my house, is now this framed secret.  Thank you so much.


Oct. 16, 2016:

adam


istillthinkaboutyoueveryday

Dear Frank,
I’m writing you to tell you about the “circle of life” effect PostSecret has had on my life.
Starting when I was 16 I would visit PostSecret every week to find solace in the world that other people were struggling with the same issues as me.

At 18, I was in a very dark place in my life, I decided to make 3 secrets, all different ones I’ve feared. After I mailed them to you I watched every week and checked all the books but didn’t see them. I forgot about them too. Three years later I met you at a PostSecret Live! Event and you told me “The World Needs To Hear Your Voice”.

Now, three years later – still obsessed with PostSecret, I found out about your Smithsonian exhibit in Washington at the Postal Museum and had to go. My boyfriend and I ventured in overwhelmed by the 7 – foot high pile of postcards. I was joyfully explaining to him what PostSecret is and how it had helped me. I diligently was reading each postcard one by one when he pointed one out to me and said “that’s one of the most creative ones here”. As I stopped to agree with him – I began to think how familiar the handwriting was – wait a second, it was MY hand writing! All of sudden the night at the kitchen table over 5 years ago when I sat crying and making the postcards came back to me. MY postcard was displayed right there-for the world to see! It all made sense as I stood in shock, you-Frank, had let the world hear my voice.

The most joyful part of it all was reading the postcard was like seeing a friend who had passed away. If you would have explained the circumstances of which I’d see the postcard again to that 18yr old girl [being in love, having an amazing career, well traveled, college educated,etc.] she would have laughed through her sadness as a complete impossibility. 

But alas, so many amazing things have happened in that time frame and it gave me renewed hope in myself – the bad times WILL pass. I hope the world continues to hear my voice while the postcard is on display, and furthermore I hope it impacts even one person to know that sadness isn’t forever. Happiness is within your grasp.
Thank you Frank-for helping this full circle come to life.

Oct. 23, 2016:



15bw


3-onback-atleastonesecretyouposteveryweekmakesmecry

8-yawn

ifyouarecleverenoughtofindthismessage-youaresmartenoughtovote

direction

lie

mom

loveletter

walkaway

Oct. 30, 2016:

Seeing people’s secrets daily for over a decade has given me a special lens into our soulful and silly interior lives. Occasionally, It can also provide a peek into future trends before they emerge.  When I started the project, I got a lot of secrets involving zombies, long before they became so popular – from movies to Halloween costumes. 





3-zombie
Not long after that, I got a postcard from an adult admitting to playing with crayons. At the time, they must have felt alone with that secret satisfaction. But that lonely feeling was an illusion. Today there are whole adult coloring book sections at Barnes and Nobles.




13crayons
Now I’m getting postcards about people’s secret obsession with mermaids.  I know they aren’t alone either.  This might be the perfect time to start writing that mermaid TV show pilot.




front

skyline

Nov.  6, 2016:

8-hope

betrayed

assemblyline

kathysjob



funeral

partsofmyself
postits

Nov. 20, 2016:

5-p

8-law

My opinion: You should quit.

10-handbook



try2

bodies

25

30

anymore

dummy


gun

help

nara


prince

pslove

thankyou

yourstory

There isn't a theme this week, but here are the other 2 blog posts:

"Why Facebook was treated as a mission, not a product"/ B-------t job book review

 

"Keep your eyes on the prize like an Olympian"/ "Entering the work force: The tough transition from life as an athlete"




My week: 


Jan. 1, 2021 New Year's Day: I slept through this because I don't see the point in staying up until midnight.

Cleaning: In the afternoon, my grandma got my little brother P to wipe the kitchen cabinets and I washed the kitchen and living room windows.

Big Sky: I was watching this TV show and after episodes 4 and 5, they aired this message.  The show is about how 3 women are kidnapped and are going to be trafficked.  2 female private detectives look for them.


CyberTip Report

https://report.cybertip.org/

National Human Trafficking Hotline: 

1 (888) 373-7888

National Human Trafficking Hotline

https://humantraffickinghotline.org/

Tell Me a Story: I saw the season 2 finale/ series finale.

Beauty and the Beast: I like this storyline the best because the country singer Ashley survived a car bombing and there is a mystery of who did this and why?

Cinderella: Simone thinks her stepmother killed her father and made it look like it was an accident.  She has to prove it.

Sleeping Beauty: Tucker kidnaps Olivia.  Will she escape?

Jan. 2, 2021 Leger opinion: 

Bonny Katz from Toronto, ON, would like to know:

What is your favorite meal of the day?

Dinner: 58.50% (1328)

Breakfast: 30.18% (685)

Lunch: 11.32% (257)


My opinion: Dinner because it tastes the best and there is more variety.  Breakfast is usually cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, toast, etc.


Jan.4, 2020 "Diddy hands out cash and gift cards in Miami to help US residents during the COVID-19 pandemic": That's very nice and helpful of him.


Sean ‘Diddy‘ Combs has helped Miami residents hit by the coronavirus crisis by handing out $50 bills.

The rapper also handed out $50 Publix supermarket gift cards and bags containing hygiene products to a huge crowd in Overturn.

Diddy is also working with festival and nightlife organizer Michael Gardner and the local Teens Exercising Extraordinary Success group to help provide rental assistance for families in Miami, reports The Associated Press.

It comes just months after the rapper hosted an online dance-athon, to raise money for healthcare workers in underprivileged areas of the US.

Diddy hands out cash and gift cards in Miami to help US residents during the COVID-19 pandemic (myspace.com)

Caramunchies and charity: This is a local company that sells:

It is slow cooked to develop a deep and rich flavor, handcrafted in small batches so you can taste the freshness. And we don’t stop there! We pair our creamy caramel with crispy cornflakes to make a deliciously addictive cluster with pockets of soft caramel and the most satisfying crunch! They are sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy; it’s the snack that’ll satisfy any craving

CARAMUNCHIES ARE A FORCE FOR GOOD

ONE OF OUR GOALS SINCE WE STARTED CARAMUNCHIES WAS TO USE FUNDS GENERATED FROM OUR BUSINESS TO GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY.

Food is a source of comfort for us, so it’s heartbreaking to know that there’s so many people in our city who don’t know where their next meal is coming from. While I was a student, I volunteered with my parents at a local soup kitchen called the Marian Centre and the experience really stuck with me. 

Instead of just donating money, we've started a Hot Lunch Program where we buy ingredients through our business proceeds, gather a team of volunteers through all the awesome people we've met running Caramunchies and provide a hot and nutritious lunch for people in need through the Marian Centre. We use 5% of all our profits for this program, and we even successfully funded a crowdfunding campaign and raised $2,800 towards providing hot lunches to people in need.

About Us — Caramunchies


Edmonton Made: There are a lot of Edmonton companies selling cool and fun products:

Shop Local - Edmonton Made


Business Directory - Edmonton Made

The highlight of the week: I called my friend Dan L. and we talked for 1 hr and 20 min. The last time we talked was probably in the summer time. He likes the political articles I published on my blog.

No comments: