Friday, February 5, 2021

Post Secret Proposal- Post Secret (Part 9)/ "Son Tipped Off FBI About His Father, Who Is Charged in Capitol Riot"

Nov. 10, 2019:

Originally Posted October 15th, 2011






Aug. 8, 2016:

August 6, 2016    

Secret Proposal at PostSecret Live!

The impact of the night didn’t feel real until the following day. Every moment of the proposal whisked by in a whirlwind of emotions of love and hugs and kisses.

Amidst all the mix of emotions from the people around us, the one thing I felt for certain throughout the night was love; love from my fiancé, from my family, and from people who were genuinely happy for us.
-Ashley





p17

Immediately after “popping the question,” I remember thinking how wonderful it was that Ashley knelt down to kiss me. I believe the foundation of our relationship has always been the small gestures that illustrate how much we love one another, and that particular moment will be etched into my heart forever.

As I proposed, and even as we walked off stage, I remember staying completely focused on Ashley. I was never really nervous during the days leading up to the proposal, simply anxious to see the look on my beautiful fiancé’s face.
-Stephan





p10
We felt like “rock stars” during the nights festivities. People swarmed to us to wish us well, and inquire about every step in the planning process. With complete strangers, we were able to relive and share our journey in love thus far; from the moment we met at work through the five and a half years that had strengthened our love.





p11
The proposal, for both of us, was nothing short of magic. It was everything we could have asked for and more.

p9
The attached picture with the signed page by Frank was our first snapshot, and it is one that perfectly captures the night’s sentiments. For as long as we both live, there is simply no way for us to ever thank all the members involved enough.





congrats
You all have made us happy a thousand times over, and it is something we will never forget.
THANK YOU.
Sincerely,
Stephan & Ashley




IMG_1468

Jun. 6, 2020:

Nov. 29, 2020:



Dear Frank, 
I asked my partner to marry me while we were making the Petty Aunt Pie for Thanksgiving. (She said YES!). Our Thanksgiving this year was small, just the two of us, but it was the happiest Thanksgiving of my life so far. Thank you so much for choosing this recipe to post. It was our first time making an apple pie, and it was so delicious. Please pass along my sincerest thank you to the Petty Aunt Pie recipe sharer. Five out of five stars!
-Madison 






Hey Frank!

You couldn’t have had better timing. Or maybe it’s just the universe. I wrote the “The worst kind of lonely is the one you feel when you’re actually with someone.” Last time you posted it (in July on fb) I had recently broken up with the guy who made me feel that way. At that time in the summer I felt alone and even had thoughts to get back into that relationship. Seeing the secret then I was taken aback, feeling as if I had my own words consoling me and it affirmed my decision for leaving the toxic relationship. Reminding me that I never wanted to feel that way again.

As the months went on, I just kept thinking that there was no possible way I’d meet someone who wouldn’t make me feel like that. Well yesterday, I saw the secret again and this time, my reaction to seeing those words was like being able to tell the younger version of myself that it is possible to be with someone who doesn’t make me feel that way. I met someone very special about a month ago and today, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I had doubts, but it’s possible to find someone who treats you the way you’re truly supposed to be treated.
 
Thank you for sharing my secret Frank, deep down I was fearful about confronting my true feelings and I guess I really needed to see my own secret staring me in the face to truly start creating change in my life.  I’m so glad I mailed it in, because it led me to be able to accept and love myself, but it also led me to my person.  







There isn't a theme this week, but here are the other 2 blog posts: 

"Can my severance depend on the search for my next job?"/ "How to stand out at your first job, the introvert way"




"Kids' artistic flair about to get an upgrade"/ "I want to be a computer animator"/ Beamdog



My week: 

Jan. 31, 2021: Last week was really busy, so I'm writing everything now.

There isn't a theme this week, but here are the other 2 blog posts: 

Jan. 25, 2021 "Disney World Call Center Operator Helps Woman Escape Domestic Violence": Today I found this article by Ed Mazza, HuffPost on Yahoo news:

Walt Disney World call center operator arranged for police to rescue a domestic violence victim in Pennsylvania who had called the resort as a ruse when she needed help, according to reports.

The unnamed Disney worker heard the woman telling someone to get away from her during the Jan. 9 phone call, per WESH, the NBC station in Orlando. Recognizing the situation as perilous, the Disney operator then asked a series of “yes” or “no” questions, including if someone was hurting her.

“Yes,” the woman replied.

“The Disney World employee at one point asked if (the woman) was actually calling to book a stay and she stated ‘no,‘” a criminal complaint cited by the York Dispatch noted. “She then asked (the woman) if she needed law enforcement to her home and she stated ‘yes.’”

The Disney employee contacted police, who were dispatched to the caller’s home. The victim told police she had been choked three times and thought she was going to die during a dispute over his job, the newspaper reported.

Police spotted visible signs of abuse on the woman, including scratches on her face and marks on her neck, Fox 43 in York, Penn., reported.

Wayne Terry Shifflett, 38, was booked on charges of strangulation, terroristic threats, simple assault and harassment. As of Sunday, records indicated he was still in custody at York County Prison. His next court appearance is scheduled for Feb. 1.

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) for the National Domestic Violence Hotline.

Disney World Call Center Operator Helps Woman Escape Domestic Violence (yahoo.com)


"Son Tipped Off FBI About His Father, Who Is Charged in Capitol Riot": This is by Bryan 

Pietsch on Yahoo news:

Two days after the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Jackson Reffitt’s father, Guy W. Reffitt, returned to the family’s home in Texas. He told his son that he had stormed the Capitol, according to an FBI affidavit.

Then his father leveled a threat: If Jackson, 18, reported him to the police, he would have no choice but to do his “duty” for his country and “do what he had to do.”

In interviews with investigators, Jackson Reffitt said his father told him: “If you turn me in, you’re a traitor. And you know what happens to traitors. Traitors get shot.”

But he had already reported his father to the FBI weeks before the riot.

“He would always tell me that he’s going to do something big,” Jackson Reffitt said in a phone interview Saturday. “I assumed he was going to do something big, and I didn’t know what.”

Guy Reffitt’s wife told investigators after the riot that he was a member of the Three Percenters, a far-right militia group, according to the affidavit.

FBI agents found an AR-15 rifle and a pistol at his home. Guy Reffitt told investigators that he had brought the pistol with him to Washington.

Jackson Reffitt said he learned that his father was headed to Washington the day before the riot but that he did not know what he would be doing there. He discovered what was happening when he saw images of rioters storming the Capitol on the news.

It was not clear what, if anything, the FBI did after Jackson Reffitt first contacted them about his father. Federal investigators contacted him during the riots to follow up on his tip from weeks earlier, at which point, he said, he helped “prove what they were trying to investigate.”

Jackson Reffitt said he had “just wanted someone to know” about his father’s threats of “doing something big.”

“I didn’t know what he was going to do, so I just did anything possible just to be on the safe side,” he added.

Guy Reffitt, who was arrested Jan. 16, faces charges of obstruction of justice and of knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority. He could not be reached Sunday, and it was not immediately clear whether he had a lawyer. The FBI was not immediately available for comment Sunday.

Jackson Reffitt said he was unsure if his father knew yet that he had reported him to federal authorities.

“I am afraid for him to know,” he said. “Not for my life or anything, but for what he might think.” But he said he was hopeful that his relationship with his father could be repaired.

“We’ll get better over time,” he said. “I know we will.”

He said his mother and two sisters “had no idea what I had done” until they saw a CNN interview he did with Chris Cuomo.

After the interview gained traction online, Jackson Reffitt said on Twitter, “Yes I’m the kid on cnn.”

The tweet garnered thousands of likes and retweets, and he said he was flooded with messages asking him to set up a GoFundMe, so he did.

“Every penny is another course in college or me saving it for years to come,” he wrote on the crowdfunding platform. “I might be kicked out of my house due to my involvement in my dad’s case, so every cent might help me survive.”

Jackson Reffitt was not staying at his family’s home, and he declined to say where he was for fear of his safety. He was using his girlfriend’s phone because his family had disconnected his, he said.

He said he posted the GoFundMe page shortly before going to bed Friday, expecting a few thousand dollars would be raised. When he woke up Saturday, the page had raised more than $20,000.

As of Sunday afternoon, more than 1,800 donations were pledged, amounting to more than $58,000.

Jackson Reffitt is in his first semester studying political science at Collin College, a community college near his family’s home in Wylie, Texas, a Dallas suburb. When asked if the money would cover the rest of his undergraduate education, he said: “Oh man, you have no idea. I’m going to go on to a university now.”

As for others grappling with whether to come forward about someone they believe could be involved in something dangerous, “you’re not just protecting yourself, but you’re protecting them as well,” he said.

“I put my emotions behind me to do what I thought was right,” Jackson Reffitt said of reporting his father. And though he does not regret his decision, he said, “He’s still family, and it’s still weird.”

This article originally appeared in The New York Times.

Son Tipped Off FBI About His Father, Who Is Charged in Capitol Riot (yahoo.com)

My opinion: When I first read this, I thought Jackson did a good thing, by reporting this to the FBI, though the tip was vague.

When Jackson went on CNN, he should have asked to hide his face and change his voice to protect his identity.  This is not just from his dad and family, but from people who support the riots. 

That's good that a lot of people donated to Jackson and support him.

Jan. 28, 2021 "Katherine Heigl says being labeled 'difficult' still 'pisses me off'": Today I found this article by Suzy Byrne on Yahoo.  I'm not a fan of hers, and

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy and her movies.  I did like the article and will write about this more in depth later:

Katherine Heigl was loved for her performance as Izzie Stevens on Grey’s Anatomy and then just as quickly loathed for, in her opinion, speaking her mind.

The star of the new Netflix series Firefly Lane talks about what she calls her “shunning” after a series of backlashes over various comments she made — whether it was later calling her 2007 film Knocked Up “a little sexist” or withdrawing herself from the 2008 Emmys race, a year after winning hers, because she “did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination.”

“I may have said a couple of things you didn’t like, but then that escalated to ‘she’s ungrateful,’ then that escalated to ‘she’s difficult,’ and that escalated to ‘she’s unprofessional,’” Heigl said in an interview with the Washington Post“What is your definition of difficult? Somebody with an opinion that you don’t like? Now, I’m 42, and that s--- pisses me off.”

“At the time, I was just quickly told to shut the f--- up. The more I said I was sorry, the more they wanted it,” she recalled. “The more terrified and scared I was of doing something wrong, the more I came across like I had really done something horribly wrong.”

But in the last 14 years, there’s certainly been more egregious behavior by celebrities — in this post-#MeToo era — especially when Heigl’s backlash stemmed from sharing an opinion.

Heigl’s husband, singer Josh Kelley, told the media outlet, “If she said [some of it] today, she'd be a hero.”

The backlash ended up taking a toll on her career with Heigl having a hard time booking jobs.

“You can be the most awful, difficult, horrible person on the planet, but if you’re making them money, they’re going to keep hiring you,” she said. “I knew that whatever they felt I had done that was so awful, they would overlook it if I made them money — but then my films started to make not quite as much money,” she said.

Katherine Heigl says being labeled 'difficult' still 'pisses me off' (yahoo.com)

ETS raise fares: I noticed this:

Adult Transit Fares :: City of Edmonton



No comments: