Orientation: Monday, September 9, 2019, from 7-9 PM
Class Begins:  Tuesday, September 10, 2019, from 7-9 PM
This Fall, develop a thorough understanding of the practice of meditation and learn how to consistently build mind power by registering for the Willpower Institute’s free Meditation Course.
The Master Teacher, Luangphor Viriyang Sirintharo, has committed two decades of his life to writing the books that provide an in-depth explanation of the process of meditation. The Master Teacher has dedicated his life to sharing his extensive knowledge and practical experience which spans more than 80 years in order to promote world peace through meditation. Luangphor has personally experienced the profound happiness that arises from meditation and has made it his life’s mission to share this wisdom with the rest of the world. He is acutely aware that in order to achieve world peace, we must, first, obtain inner peace.
The meditation course is open to anyone with an interest in furthering their understanding of meditation and the theory behind the practice.
https://www.willpowerinstitute.com/event-items/edmonton-meditation-course-orientation/

Thurs. Sept. 5, 2019 Teen boy goes blind after eating junk food: I heard about this yesterday from my mom.  Today I see on Yahoo:


There’s a reason your mom spent years reminding you to eat your vegetables. A teenage boy, who subsisted on Pringles, French fries, processed pork and white bread for years, went blind due to his extremely poor diet, according to a case study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.




A year later, the teen returned to the doctor’s office with hearing loss and vision problems, but doctors couldn’t pinpoint the exact cause. His vision problems got progressively worse. By 17 years old, he was suffering from blindness.

Researchers at The University of Bristol believe the teen’s junk food diet led to nutritional optic neuropathy — a condition caused by a lack of nutrients, which impairs the normal functioning of nerve fibers and leads to optic nerve dysfunction.


yesterday

A buddy of mine just started to lose his vision due to diabetes. Consuming mass amounts of unhealthy foods and not taking care of yourself can lead to such circumstances, I don't understand how these parents think it is OK for this teen to eat this
unhealthy.

yesterday

We were poor, when I was a little boy. We were glad to have food on the table, any food on the table. I can't believe the kid didn't crave fresh vegetables. Now I'm old, fat, and when the doctor says "you really need to lose weight", I say yes. I don't eat fast food much, maybe three or four times a year. I cook for myself, and I cook REALLY GOOD HEALTHY FOOD, I just cook too much of it. I guess that's why my blood pressure, is excellent, and I don't have diabetes. I hope the young man changes his eating habits. When you've lived a full life, and are old, it's not such a big deal, but to be in your teens, and not be able to see someone that appeals to you, or dream about getting a drivers license, that's just sad.

2 days ago
Parents are going to be telling their children this story for years in hopes of getting them to eat healthy.

My opinion: This is sad, and I hope we all eat more healthy.

Self Improvement Book Club of Edmonton: I went there from 6:30pm-8:10pm at Remedy Café on Whyte Ave.  There were 20 people there.  I met all of them and it was a fun and positive experience.  There were people of different race, careers, ages and we all were there for the "Social Meet and Greet."

Someone mentioned the book The Go- Giver which I read this year.  We will be reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.  I read that book for college in 2005.

https://thegogiver.com/

Weather: There were a few good days where I can sit outside and read.