Sunday, August 18, 2019

Man on Fire/ Terminator: Salvation/ The Wolverine

Jul. 27, 2019 Man on Fire: I saw this movie in 2016.

"In Mexico City, a former CIA operative swears vengeance on those who committed an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect."

Why did you watch it?: It sounded interesting.

Pros: 

1. There was a good opening: There is 1 kidnapping every 60 min. in Latin America.  70% of victims don't survive.

A car stops and kidnaps a man.  Then later, the kidnaped man is his underwear, tied up, and blindfolded, and released.

2. The cast:

Denzel Washington as the former CIA operative/ bodyguard as John W. Creasy.

Christopher Walken as Paul Rayburn.

Dakota Fanning as Lupita, who Creasy is to protect.

Radha Mitchell as Lisa, Lupita's mom.

Marc Anthony as Samuel, Lupita's dad.  He's a singer and he's average.  However, I was impressed with his acting in this movie.

3. Good dialogue:

"The bible says 'Be not to overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good'."

I will put that in my inspirational quotes. 

4. There is good writing with lots of drama, conflict, and tension.  Lupita gets kidnapped, and Creasy has to find her and save her.  She is held for ransom.

Spoiler alert:

Kidnapper: You killed my nephew and stole my money.
Lisa: This is Lisa.  I'm sorry about your nephew.  But my daughter-

5. There is good action with lots of shootouts.

6. It's also kind of funny.  Creasy goes into a nightclub to get info on where Lupita is.

Creasy then burns the place down.  He shoots a few bullets into the club so he could evacuate the place.  The place then blows up.

The party people then cheer.  lol.  This was probably my favorite part in the movie.

7. The ending was good.  There was a plot twist towards the end.

Spoiler alert: The kidnapping was staged by Sam.  He had inherited his dad's debt and made this kidnapping to pay it off.  Sam kills himself.  Lupita is alive and reunited with her mom.

Cons: None.

My opinion: The movie was average.  It was solid.  I wouldn't watch it again.


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328107/

Jul. 28, 2019 Terminator: Salvation: I saw this movie in Apr. 2016.  I saw Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines on TV.  It was average.  I saw the first season of the TV show Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.


"In 2018, a mysterious new weapon in the war against the machines, half-human and half-machine, comes to John Connor on the eve of a resistance attack on Skynet. But whose side is he on, and can he be trusted?"


Why did you watch this?: It was an action movie.

Pros:

1. It had a good opening.  In 2003, it's in a jail.

Woman: Donate your body for a good cause.
Marcus: I will sign it for a kiss.
They kiss.

He will die by lethal injection.

2. The cast: 

Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright.  I saw him in Avatar in 2017, and he was average.  I really liked him when I saw him on Man on a Ledge in 2017.

Christian Bale as John Connor. 

Moon Bloodgood as Blair.

Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese.  He's from the Star Trek reboot movies.  He passed away.

3. There are helicopter chase scenes, car chases, fight scenes, shoot outs, and explosions in a post- apocalyptic world.

4. The dialogue:

Marcus: I'm not a good guy.
Blair: You are.  You just don't know it yet.

Marcus: Do you think people deserve a second chance?
Blair: I do.

"You were made to serve a purpose."  (I'm not sure who said that.)

John: There is no fate, but what we make.

My opinion: I have heard of that saying before.

5. It was a big budget movie and it looked good.

6. Good ending.

Spoiler alert: They blow up Skynet.  Marcus gives his heart to John.

Cons:

1. I'm going through my notes and I find this movie hard to remember.  There aren't any memorable scenes.

My opinion: The movie was average.  Solid.  There is a low chance I would watch it again.  I am open to watching the other new movies after this.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/?ref_=rvi_tt

The Wolverine: I saw this movie in Jan. 2016.  This movie came out in 2013.

"Wolverine comes to Japan to meet an old friend whose life he saved years ago, and gets embroiled in a conspiracy involving yakuza and mutants."

Why did you watch this?: I saw the first 3 X-Men movies.  I like action movies.

Pros:

1. There was a good opening.  There was Japan's war camps.  The guard lets the prisoners free like Wolverine.  There is a bomb and Wolverine saves Yashida.

2. The cast:

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine/ Logan is always good. 

Hal Yamanouchi as Yashida, the soldier from the past.  He is an old man and sick.

Rila Fukushima is Yukio, who becomes Logan's friend.  She is there to get Logan and bring him to Shingen.

Tao Okamoto plays Mariko, Shingen's grand daughter.

Svetlana Khodchenkova is Viper, the villain.

3. The dialogue:

Yashida talks to Logan:

Yashida: I want to thank you, and repay you.  A man can run out of things to live for, lose his purpose, become alone.  A samurai without a master.  Your ability to heal will pass to another.

I will put this in my inspirational quotes.

4. The action sequences are good.

The funeral has a good fight scene.  There is running on rooftops.  

There is a fight scene on top of the trains.

Comparisons: 

A fight scene on top of the train:

This reminds me of something I saw in a Jackie Chan movie.  I remember in jr. high school Mandarin class we saw one of his movies.  At the end of his movies, are bloopers.  Jackie is fighting 2 guys and he almost falls off the moving train, but the stunt guys pull him up.   

There are fight scenes in trains.

There is always the big fight scene at the end of an action movie.

5. The story is good.  There is lots of drama, conflict, and tension as who wants to kill Mariko and why.

6. It's kind of funny.

Spoiler alert: Logan finds Mariko's fiance Noboru (Brian Tee) cheating in a hotel room.  Logan throws him off the balcony and into the pool that's several stories down.

Yukio: How did you know there was a pool?
Logan: I didn't.

Cons: None.

My opinion: It was an average movie.  Solid.  There is a low chance I would watch it again.

My week:

Fri. Aug. 9, 2019 Family potluck and game night: I went to work at my 2nd restaurant job.  It was really busy and there were lots of leftovers.  There were 7 staff members including me.  I let all the others get their food.  I then took the rest of the leftovers and went to the Centre of Spiritual Living for the potluck.

I gave: 

3 quiches- 1 was eaten there.
6 muffins- 1 and half was eaten.
6 cinnamon buns- all of them were eaten.
Afterwards, I let the others take them home because I don't really like quiches or muffins that much.

Abundance board game: After dinner, we played this board game.  This game aligns with my self- development interviews I listen to all the time.

C- a senior woman.
Me- a 40 something yr old woman there and am friendly with.
K- this 20 something yr old woman there.
B- she was the game master and explained how to play it and didn't play it.




Abundance is a roll and move game which teaches basic financial principles and incorporates character or spiritual development as a means of achieving financial success. Players track income, expenses, assets, liabilities and "Potential Energy" (character) in order to achieve financial success. Many of the more lucrative paths are only available to those who achieve a higher spiritual ranking. Players must aid one another to increase spiritual scores.


From the publisher's website:

"Learn to unleash your Lion Within™, the key to infinite returns and getting rich even if you have little or no money.
In the game’s active environment, you will learn in a few hours what could take months or even years elsewhere. It allows you to practice getting rich both spiritually and financially so that you can have a greater capacity to go out and do it in real life.

The Abundance™ Game Will Teach You:
• How your spiritual well-being and character are directly related to making you rich.
• How the rich use creativity to make their money.
• How “good investments” are determined more by your mind than by the deal itself.
• How you can discover opportunity in your life that has been there all along."

Abundance was designed to be a successor to Cashflow 101 by the former employee and Kiyosaki (Cashflow 101 designer) trained trainer.


My opinion: The game was average.  You can create a passive income like investments.  I did learn something, because it's applicable to real life.  If you buy this property and sell it, you don't know what the ROI is.  Each month you would be spending this amount of money for this property.  Do you still want to buy this property?

Sat. Aug. 10, 2019: I went to work at the 2nd restaurant job and it was really busy.  I ate food there.

I came home, and it was kind of supposed to celebrate my birthday.  I said pizza and an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen as usual.  P ordered the pizza, but I was full from the restaurant.  It was 2 medium pizzas and P and my parents finished it in 2 days.  I didn't any at all, and that's fine.  The birthday cake was small and said "Happy birthday Tracy" with no picture on it.  I didn't pick it out.
Sun. Aug. 11, 2019 My birthday: I went to work at my 2nd restaurant job in the morning.  I then went to my 1st restaurant job at night.  
Ku wished me a happy birthday.
Tracy: How did you know?  Was it on Facebook?
Ku: Miranda told me.
Then V said: "Isn't it your birthday?"  He isn't usually on Facebook, but he did check his notifications.
7 people wished me happy birthday on Facebook.

I also got a small piece of cake from work.  It was a birthday present from the cooks.

Mon. Aug. 12, 2019 Eye exam: 

1. I mainly went there because my grandma was nagging at me to do it.

2. I was watching the TV show In the Dark about a blind woman.  Eye sight is the sense that we use the most.  It's important to take care of your eyes and your health.

3. I got there and remembered the last time I was there was like in 2015.  I should get a checkup.
My eye sight is fine.

[MINDSET] Ep 67: How To Be More Inspired + Creative w/ Steve Chandler You Turn Podcast w/ Ashley Stahl
Are you holding your happiness hostage?


Join Ash this week as she talks with Steve Chander, a consultant, coach, and author who specializes in the ability to build creativity and remove the labels placed upon ourselves.  We are all born with divine creativity, and it often gets lost as we grow up.  Steve provides specific actions and mind-shifts you can make to raise your creativity.


Every day we all tell ourselves stories, learn how they impact you and what you can do to change them.  You do not want to miss this episode, as Steve and Ash break down these stories and beliefs that we tell ourselves, and how, if you want to change your life and reinvent yourself, you can!  Don’t forget to stick around for the post-episode notes as Ash shares the impact your physical wellness has on creativity and how to remove creative blocks.


In this episode, you will learn:

Where creativity comes from, and how to nurture it back into your life. How to remove the victim mentality from your life. The truth behind gratitude.  

Resources:

The Prosperous Coach By Steve Chandler

Where to find Steve Chandler:

www.stevechandler.com

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mindset-ep-67-how-to-be-more-inspired-creative-w-steve/id1382321276?i=1000441267167

"Chicago mayor says she has no time for Ivanka's 'nonsense tweets' about shootings: I read this stat and it's crazy:


At least 1,600 people have been shot in Chicago this year and there have been at least 300 homicides, according to data kept by the Tribune. Both numbers are below those from this time last year.


https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-ivanka-trump-chicago-gun-violence-lori-lightfoot-20190806-xijpu5evarberpah2xapdo65da-story.html

My opinion: This sure makes me appreciate Edmonton (and Canada) in general.  There are like 20-30 homicides in Edmonton a yr.


Aug. 9, 2019 "Fallen angels": Today I found this article by Leanne Delap in the Star Metro: It turns out that Victoria's Secret is cancelling their annual fashion show.  I can't copy and paste the link to it, but you can look it up and read the whole article about how there is cultural appropriation in the show like the models wearing Native American head dresses.



Aug. 12, 2019 Cacoa 70 at WEM: It closed down over the weekend.  It was open for about a year.  There is still one on Whyte Ave.

Aug. 13, 2019 [MINDSET] Ep 49: How To Access Your Intuition w/ Noah Berman: You Turn Podcast w/ Ashley Stahl



Have you ever felt you shouldn’t do something, but you did it anyway?

Join Ash this week as she meets with Noah Berman, a master of intuition and a median.  Noah reveals when and how you can better connect with your intuition and unlocks how to use your body as a channel in less than 1 minute.  

He tells his intriguing story about discovering his intuition and ability to see and receive on a deeper level.  Noah provides actionable methods to connect with your intuition and find stillness.  Have you ever wondered what the signs and synchronicities appearing in your life mean for you?  Ash and Noah discuss how to understand these signs, how to create from a place of love to make life better and what rewinding the tape of your life really means.  As always, don’t miss Ash’s post-episode notes!

Resources:

Insight timer app: insighttimer.com

Find Noah on Instragrahm: @noahberman

noahbermanwellness.com

At the 4min and 30sec mark, it was uncanny.  He predicted one of his friend's family member was molested, and by who and will tell about it in 3 weeks.  That exactly happened.


https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mindset-ep-49-how-to-access-your-intuition-w-noah-berman/id1382321276?i=1000431206510

"Glass Tiger surprises Alberta senior with private serenade": Today I found this in the Star Metro:



MAYERTHORPE, ALTA.—Alan Frew and his ’80s band Glass Tiger surprised one of their biggest fans with an impromptu serenade at an Alberta seniors’ home.
Staff at the Pleasant View Lodge, in Mayerthorpe, Alta., say the Canadian hitmakers stopped by after learning that 95-year-old Jean Savage regularly listened to a CD of their music.
Frew posted a video of Friday’s encounter on his Facebook page, in which he can be seen singing “Someday” mere feet from Savage, who claps intermittently in appreciation.
Accompanied by a piano and backing vocalist, Frew steps forward at one point to hold both of Savage’s hands while she beams.
Chief administrative officer Dena Krysik says it was an “amazing” performance and that Savage is still talking about it days later.
Krysik says a staff member contacted the band when she learned they were set to perform in the nearby town of Whitecourt, and told them about a very special fan at the seniors’ home.
Frew says on his Facebook page that he couldn’t resist the opportunity to meet “this dear, sweet, lady.”
“Her face when I approached her was beyond priceless and we shared the biggest hug,” says Frew says in a Facebook post.
Manhunt suspects died:  I was reading in the Star Metro for the last 2 weeks.  I kind of suspected it would end by suicide or suicide by cop.  They knew if they got arrested they would spend life in prison.




Jeffrey Epstein dead: When I read that, I was surprised.  He knew he was going to spend life in prison.


"Brazil prisoner who dressed up as daughter to escape found dead": When I read that he committed suicide, it was sad.  He was going to spend 73 yrs in jail for drug trafficking.


Aug. 14, 2019 Taylor Swift pays Toronto woman's tuition: 

One Toronto student will have one fewer thing to fret over when the fall semester starts, and it’s all thanks to Taylor Swift.
As Doug Ford’s Conservatives cut OSAP funding to many eligible students, people like Ayesha Khurram were worried they wouldn’t be able to afford their schooling.
Khurram, an accounting and financial management student at University of Waterloo, could not turn to her parents for help — they work low-paying jobs in Mississauga and her mom has a chronic kidney disease.
So she turned to the internet, setting up a PayPal account for people to help out with school expenses. Hours later, she got a notification about a payment made to her account — for $6,386.47, from singer Taylor Swift.
“Ayesha, get your learn on girl!” the message signed “Taylor” read. “I love you!”

No comments: