Sunday, June 30, 2019

job interviews/ "22 yr old quits job with condolence card"

Apr. 26, 2019:

Juice Place #4: There is this new restaurant opening.  I attended the interview in Mar. 2019.  It was in a small hotel conference room.


Pros:  

1. It was close by like 1 bus to get there.

2. The hours were early morning to night.  I can work those hours.

3. The duties were handling cash, mixing fruits and smoothies.  There is cleaning and restocking. 

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  I told them my relevant work experience working at restaurants.

May 6, 2019 Driving school: I went to this interview in Mar. 2019.  

Pros:

1. The hours are full-time.  Mon.- Fri. 10am-6pm.

2. The pay is $15/hr.

3. The duties are answering phones, look after the instructors, registering students.

Cons:

1. The interview then turns into how he wants to train someone to be an insurance agent.  I would sell insurance policies.  I told the boss that I only wanted to work as a receptionist.

2. It was also kind of far with 2 buses.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

May 7, 2019 Denture clinic:  I went to this interview in Mar. 2019.  

Pros: 

1. It was 2 buses to get to, but the buses come often.

2. The hours are full-time.  Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm.

3. The pay is $15/hr.

4. The duties are booking appointments, answering phones, some cleaning like dusting.  I have to show sympathy because the patients have lost teeth.  It's not always seniors who come in.

Cons: None.

My opinion: There is going to be a job shadow of 3 hrs.  It would be paid.  I would work there if I got hired.  

Nature company:  I went to this interview in Mar. 2019.  

Pros:


1. It was 2 buses to get to, but the buses come often.

2. The hours are full-time.

3. The pay is $25/hr.

4. The duties are accounting like invoices and checks.  Annual reports, write newsletters twice a year, deal with public and media, emails.  There is some traveling to meetings.

Cons:

1. It seems very hard and with a lot of work.


My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  I would at least try it out.  I don't see myself as a fit for the position.

May 21, 2019 Juice Place #3: I attended an interview here last year.  I attended an interview in Mar. 2019:

Pros:

1. It was easy to get to.

2. The hours are daytime and I don't have to stay too late.

3. The pay is $15/hr and a free drink.  There is 50% off food.

Cons:

1. I will be working on my own at times.  I would have to call someone so I can go to the washroom.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

My week:


Sun. Jun. 23, 2019 Centre of Spiritual Living: Today I went there.  The Meetup group said all are welcome, and there will be coffee and snacks.  I had free time and checked it out. 

Pros:

1. It was really close by.

2. I talked to a few people and they're nice.

3. The coffee was fine and the cookies were in packages.

4. The sermon was average.

5. There is a library where you can check out a book a week.  There are books on feng shui and self-help. 

Cons: None.  

My opinion: It was a positive experience.  I am open to attending it.



https://www.centreforspirit.com/events

Mon. Jun. 24, 2019 Old friend: My old friend N who I met in Feb. 2012 at the bus stop emailed me last week.  He said to remove his name from this Apr. 2012 post where I put his first and last name on it.  I edited it out.  I think I put his full name on my blog so I can smoke him out and be able to contact him.

It was cool to catch up with him.

Friend's resume help: My friend Dan L. and I talked on the phone about my resume and cover letter.  He said he emailed me his notes about it, but I looked in my inbox and no notes were there.  We met in-person for 1hr and 30min and he mainly said the format needed to be edited.  Also he showed me his resume.

I wrote down notes.  I then got on the computer and edited my cover letter. I then edited all the other cover letters for my office jobs.

Tues. Jun. 25, 2019 Job interviews: Today I went to 2 interviews.

Peer Masterminding Meetup group: I went to this one.  I met 3 women and a man.  I went there because I thought it would help me get a job.  This is a new group that had one event last week.  It was more about entrepreneurship.

Pros:

1. I met 4 new people who's careers are bookkeeping, tech writing, real estate investing, education.

2. They gave me some job advice, books, and websites.  There are some websites I know about already like Fiverr, but I could check it out again.

Cons: None.

My opinion: It was an average experience.  I would be open to attending it.  

Wed. Jun. 26, 2019 Work: Today I went to work.

Job interviews: After that I went to 2 interviews.

Beth Chapman's death: She was on the reality TV show Dog: The Bounty Hunter.  Beth, Dog and the family chase down people who jump bounty.  Dog then gives a pep talk to the people who are going to jail.  I saw 2 episodes.  It's an average show.

She had cancer.


https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/beth-chapmans-daughter-tearfully-tweets-youve-got-a-halo-now/ar-AADuFAQ?ocid=spartandhp

Thus. Jun. 27, 2019 "Disrupting 'I do'": Today I found this article by Jen O'Brien in the Star Metro:


The zero-waste wedding


This might be the year confetti sales slump as more couples realize the “best day of their life” could also potentially be the most wasteful. 

With the zero-waste movement going mainstream, eco-conscious celebrations are becoming increasingly popular. Pinterest reports a 181 per cent surge in searches for sustainable wedding ideas since 2018. 

It should come as no surprise that in a time when many people are toting their own straws and coffee cups to the office that they may question spending thousands of dollars on single-use garments and flowers that will go in the garbage at the end of the night.

“People still want pretty flowers at weddings and events, but hopefully the single-use-straight-to-landfill days are over,” says Kalynn Crump, founder of Calgary- and Toronto-based ReBloom. ReBloom repurposes event flowers—picking them up and redesigning them into smaller, bedside table arrangements and delivering them to a seniors’ home, hospice, cancer treatment centre, mental health facility or shelter of the couple’s choosing. Once the flowers have been enjoyed, ReBloom returns to collect them for composting. (Gwyneth Paltrow used a similar floral recycler for her recent low-key wedding to Brad Falchuk.)

Crump’s ReBloom service comes at a cost (fees start at $800 and are based on the size and scale of the event’s floral plan), but Crump says beyond the environmental payoff, most couples see the value in being able to spread the joy of their wedding day. As she puts it, “To give flowers to someone who truly feels forgotten…their smile, their gratitude, it gets you right in your heart and that feeling will never leave you.”
https://thekit.ca/life/wedding/2019-wedding-trends-millennials/

Job interviews: I went to an interview in the morning and another one in the afternoon. 

Work: I also worked at night.

Fri. Jun. 28, 2019 Pancake breakfast: There was this event at work.  I decided to go to it.  I ate a few pancakes, a sausage, and a coffee.  I was there in the last half of the event.

Afterwards, I passed my resume to this new store.

You're allowed to be happy: I wrote about this last week.  I usually plan my fun time in the evenings after I did my work.  When I went to the pancake breakfast, it was in the morning.  However, I did work this week and attended interviews.


http://badcb.blogspot.com/2019/06/beware-big-new-years-resolutions-human.html

Job interview: I went to an interview in the afternoon.  I took a bus and then I had to walk 10 min to there.  I had to stop and ask a woman with a walker for directions.  There was a lot of construction I had to walk through.  The interview was average.  

Friends meetup: I then called my friend Cham, because she was supposed to pick me up.  She said she couldn't find the place so I said I was going home on my own.  I see the bus go by and had to wait 30 min.  At least I was reading a book and it was nice and sunny.

I went home and my parents told me my friend came by.  I called her and she drove back.  I showed her the basement of my home and we talked a bit.  She had to pick something up from me.  I met her dog.

Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 "22 yr old quits job with condolence card": I'll put this under my "laughing about death" jokes and job jokes:


A man used a condolence card to quit his job, and the Twitterverse loved it, prompting dozens to share their own quirky resignation announcements.

Sam Baines, 22, resigned from his job at a call center in Sheffield, U.K. INSIDER reported that Baines turned in his notice because he’s going back to university in September. He told the outlet that the card was meant to be a joke — one he wasn’t worried about because he knew the team would be on board.

"We are a really close team and have a fantastic manager, so we're always joking around and having fun. I knew I had to do something a little more creative when giving my notice to try and get one more joke in before I left!” he told INSIDER.

He added "I knew my boss would find it funny, so I wasn't worried about how they'd take it. I came up with the idea because I was always joking about how much they'd miss me when I was gone, then thought a condolences card would be the perfect way to finish it off.”
https://ca.yahoo.com/style/man-quits-job-with-condolence-card-160735101.html
Job interviews: My parents and grandma went grocery shopping.  My parents dropped me off at this job interview.  After that, they drove me further to this other job fair where I attended another interview.  There were a lot of people, so I told them I will be there for awhile and they can go grocery shopping and home without me.  I was then to get a ride from Cham.
Netflix: Cham and I then watched shows that were exclusive on this.
Black Mirror: I was reading this in the newspaper, and co-workers and friends said this show is good so I watched the episode "Nosedive" which is about social media.  It was strong and well-written ep.
This show reminded me of Phillip K. Dick's Electric Dreams which is also a sci-fi anthology series.
It's the End of the F---ing World: I read about this in the newspaper and one guy told me about it.  I didn't really like it because it was offensive. 

Midnight, Texas: This show isn't on Netflix.  I then went and checked Global, and they started airing it on Sun. nights at 4:30pm.  They aired the season 2 premiere last week and I was able to watch it on Telus on Demand.  I missed a couple of eps.

No comments: