Sunday, April 21, 2019

job interviews/ Free or Subsidized Counseling Agencies (Edmonton, AB)

Feb. 20, 2019 Accessories store: I attended this interview in Jan. 2019.  I have attended an interview for one of their locations way back in 2008.  This is like a second chance.  I applied through their website.

Pros:

1. It was 1 bus to get there.  

2. The pay is $15/hr.  There is commission like 1-3% a week.

3. The duties are selling, dusting, and wiping mirrors.

There is a daily sales target of $500- 2000/day.

Cons:

1. This is a mild con.  The hours are casual and part-time.  They'll call you when you're needed.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

Medical clinic: I attended this interview in Jan. 2019.  I attended an interview here a few years ago.  This is like a second chance.

Pros:

1. It was 2 buses to get to.

2. The hours are weekdays, 3pm-8pm.  

3. The pay is good.

4. The duties are showing patients their rooms and cleaning it afterwards.  There is filing, billing, write letters, and customer service.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  The boss was very nice.  There was a rapport with her.

College cafeteria job: I attended an interview in Jan. 2019.

Pros:

1. It was easy to get to like 1 bus.

2. The hours are 7am-3pm.

3. The pay is $15/hr.  The discount is that each paycheck, there is a small amount of money deducted from it each day so you can eat a meal at work.

4. The duties are cooking like making eggs, and pizza.  There is food prep.

Cons:

1. It's a contract job.  It's there for the school year, and they will lay you off when the summer comes.  When school starts, you can work there.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

Flower shop: I attended an interview in Jan. 2019.

Pros:

1. The hours are good.  It closes at 9pm and we shut the doors.  There is no one staying to sweep and close it.

2. The pay is $15/hr.  5% commission. 

3. The duties are people do pick up their orders and I have to process it.  There is handling cash.

Cons: None.

My opinion: They were planning on opening a store in one of two malls.  I would work there if I got hired.

Flower shop #2: I didn't attend an interview here.  I had to pass my resume there in- person and meet the boss.  I don't know much about the company because I wasn't interviewed.

Pros:

1. It was 2 buses to get to.

2. The store looked nice with their products.

Feb. 20, 2019 Office building cafeteria job: I went to an interview here this month.

Pros:

1. It was a bus and a LRT, or 2 buses to get there.

2. The work was Mon. -Fri. 9am-2pm.

3. The pay is $15/hr.  The discount is that you pay $1.50 a day from your paycheck and you can eat whatever you want there.

4. The duties are to handle cash.  I have to make rolls of coins.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.

My week:

Apr. 14, 2019 Spring cleaning: My grandma told me to wash the front and back doors, so I did.

 Daily Worth: I found this website.  You can look for job advice and finance advice.


Apr. 15, 2019 Miguel's song "Sure Thing": I like this song.  It's R&B and sang by a black guy.

Then I found this Asian girl group Black Pink and they covered it.  The last min. of it was their own lyrics.  They sound good: 

Apr. 17, 2019: I went out with my friend An last night.  After that, I then created this new blog post:

Apr. 17, 2019: Free or Subsidized Counseling Agencies (Edmonton, AB) :

Apr. 17, 2019: Last night I was talking to my friend An about counseling and mental health.

An: When I researched it, the sessions are $100/ hr and it can be a 6 month wait.

I then told her about this, that there are free and subsidized counseling agencies.  I remember typing this up and printing it and give it to a woman who worked at my 2nd restaurant job.  Well I might as well post this on my blog so anyone who needs help can access it:

I don't know if it's the law of attraction, but I then posted this link on my Facebook.  I then see one of my friends in a hospital gown and she's writing about mental health.

Alberta Election Day: I got home late at night and checked the election results.  I saw the United Conservative Party won.

I was like: "No!"  I voted for NDP.  Yeah, well I like that Rachel Notley raised the min. wage to $15/hr.  I read an article where she said lots of young people thanked her for raising the min. wage so they can go to school and work without struggling so much.

I'm kind of disappointed, but I can deal with it.  At least it's not as bad as that 2016 American Presidential winner.

Apr. 18, 2019 Sell on Facebook marketplace: I was talking to An, and she said about if you sell some clothes to a consignment store it's like a $800 dress for $30.  If you go to Facebook marketplace, you can get more money out of it.

BCBG: She mentions the dress is from this store.  Does anyone remember this store closed down back in 2017?
 
"Woman claims to see Jesus in photo of flaming Notre Dame Cathedral roof":

I see more of a bright light in the centre.  It was kind of sad to read that part of this place burned down.

Apr. 18, 2019 Social event: I went out to one of these.  I haven't been there in 3 months.  It was fun and I got to meet 10 new people.

Apr. 19, 2019 Shopping: I was in downtown in Mar. 2019.

1. Chinese Creperie- they were here for 2 yrs.   It closed down.
2. Snow Bear- it says they're temporarily closed down.
3. BUOK- this Asian restaurant is open.  It used to be where Treats café was.

Do you have any comments on these emails and blogposts?: I welcome comments on these.  It was in Jul. 2018 and I asked my friend Jessica if she reads these job articles.  She mainly "scrolls through" because she isn't looking for a job.

I do cater to you guys (friends and family) and blog readers.  

Women in the workplace: If you're a woman in the workplace, I will post articles about it.

Millennials in the workplace: If you're a millennial in the workplace, I will post articles about it.

I am both and so is Jessica.  I know my other friends are.  I have some parenting articles in my drafts.  I'm not a parent or work with kids, but some of my friends are parents or work with kids.  It's only a few articles. 

Good Friday: Today my family had a roast beef dinner.  We usually don't celebrate Easter, but my mom wanted to because she and dad missed Christmas because they were travelling. 

Apr. 20, 2019 Charity chocolate: I was reading the newspaper this Sat. morning in the dining room.  The door bell rings and two 13yr old boys were there.  One white and one black.  The white boy did most of the talking:

Boy: We're selling chocolate to raise money for soccer.
Tracy: What's this for?  New uniforms?
Boy: No, it's for a trip to Dallas.  It's $3 a box or 2 for $5.
I then bought 2 of the brand World's Finest Chocolate.  The mint chocolate the chocolate covered almonds.  They're good.


No comments: