Sunday, January 20, 2019

job interviews/ Kate Dorsey/ Cyndie Silbert


Apr. 12, 2018 Specialty dental office job interview: I did a job interview here in Mar. 2018.



Pros:


1. It was 2 buses to get there.

2. The hours are good.  Mon-Fri. It's full-time and the hours are daytime.

3. The pay is min. wage.  There will be benefits after 3 months.

4. I can do the job.  I can answer phones and make follow-up calls after appointments.  I am supposed to make calls after a yr.  I can schedule appointments.

Cons:

1. The office manager and the dentist asked: "Do you feel comfortable asking for money?  A root canal can cost $2500.  We tell the patient how much it's going to cost before the procedure."

I asked if there are payment plans, and they said it had to be paid in full.

2. It did seem pretty hard.  However, I think I can do it.

My opinion: I didn't get hired there.  I was told they were interviewing "a handful of people."  However, I was mainly disappointed that I didn't get to do a job shadow for 1 day.  I would get paid min. wage for it.  I really thought I would get to do a job shadow.

They told me that they have people come in for a day, and they learn what it's like to work here and decide it's a not a fit for them.

Coffee shop job interview: I did this interview yesterday.

Pros:

1. It was in downtown.

2. The pay was min. wage with some tips.

3. Free coffee.

4. I can do the job of till and serving coffee.  Later on, they will train me on how to make lattes.  

Cons:

1. I have to get there by 6am some days.  I would have to wake up at 5am.  I would have to leave at 5:30am.  I usually wake up at 6am for my restaurant job.  

My opinion: I was kind of "eh" with the job.  If I don't get hired, I would totally be fine with it.  The boss was hiring later that afternoon and the job starts tomorrow.  

Dec. 6, 2018 Trade booth sales rep: I went to an interview last month.  They found my resume on a job site.

Pros:

1. It was in downtown.

2. The hours are full-time like 10:30am-7:30pm.

3. The pays was $15/hr.  You can make $700- 1300/ a week.

4. I don't have to look for sales leads.

5. The duties are tradeshows at places like K-days.  We sell products from big companies like RBC and Telus.  It's to find pre-qualified customers.

Cons: 

1. I don't really see this job as a fit for me.  It reminds me of that Phone Sales Rep job I worked for a day in Jan. 2018 and quit.  I have attended a few interviews like this before.

My opinion: I wouldn't work there if I got hired. 

Jewellery store: I passed my resume in-person and I got a call back for an interview the same day.

Pros:

1. It was in downtown.

2. It was $15/hr.  No commission.

3. I can do the job of showing all the kinds of jewellery there are.

Cons:

1. This is a mild con.  It was a seasonal holiday job.  There could be potential that if I was good at, I would get hired permanently.

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  I went to the interview on Wed. and the boss said I will make a decision by Fri.  I called on Fri. and he said he still didn't make a decision yet.  It's been a week and no one called.

CafĂ©: I went to an interview last month.  It was in the west end.  I have attended an interview at one of the locations before.

Pros: 


1. It was 1 bus ride to get to, but it's a long ride.


2. The hours are part-time like 2 or 3 days.


3. The pay is $15/hr.  The discount is 50% off when working.


4. I can do the duties of making sandwiches, cleaning, and cash.


Cons: 


1. This is a mild con.  If I have to close, it can be 30min long.  I would have to hurry to catch my bus.


My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.


Dec. 7, 2018 Escape room: I went to an interview here 2 yrs ago.  I then went to an interview this month.


Pros: 


1. It was one bus to get there.


2. It's either 1 FT person or 2 PT people.  The hours are FT.


3. The pay is $17/hr.


4. I can do the job of answering phones and booking reservations.  I have to run hints to the guests at the escape rooms.  After the game, we ask how they liked the game and how to improve.


There is cleaning.


Cons: 


1. He mentions there are 10 hr shifts, but it's mainly sitting.  You can get a paid break at the reception desk and be on call if someone needs a hint.


Or you can clock out and get an unpaid break.


My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  I did tell the boss I wanted to work more daytime like start in the early afternoon like 12pm or 2pm open to 8:30pm.


I don't know, he may want someone who can stay later.



My week:

Sun. Jan. 13, 2019 Work: There weren't any reservations so I thought it was going to be quiet.  Instead, it was kind of busy.

Mon. Jan. 14, 2019: Today I worked from 12pm-7pm.

Tues. Jan. 15, 2019 Funky Chicken: I went to West Edmonton mall last week for a job interview.  This restaurant on Bourbon Street closed down.  I remember it was there in 2017.  

Self-help podcasts: I listen to these through my email.  However, I went to Soundcloud and you can listen to it to without signing up.  I also post this on my Facebook page.

Britta Aragon:


Being Centered, Leaving Externals Behind to embrace the divine goddess within
You will learn
How to navigate the fog of illusion in life
Easy practices to up-level the connection to your intuition
How to release stress and fear
How to appreciate what is
How to claim full surrender and acceptance

About Britta:
Britta Aragon, natural beauty and detox coach, author, and entrepreneur, discovered her passion for safe self-care while caring for her father during his eight-year battle with cancer. A survivor herself of Hodgkin's disease, she dedicated her work to her father's legacy.
She is the author of When Cancer Hits, and creator of CV Skinlabs, a safe, luxurious, and non-toxic skincare line that helps repair and soothe all types of sensitive skin. Britta’s work has been featured in Organic Spa Magazine, People En Espanol, US Weekly, Telemundo 52, Real Simple Magazine, Fashion Magazine, Refinery 29 and more.

Jennifer Riley:
During the Women's Wealth and Intuition Summit, C. Ara Campbell and host Jennifer Riley discuss rising in our power as women and embracing our truth

Elevate Love - The Virtual Experience Expert Interview Series welcomes Emyrald Sinclaire, International Self Love Mentor.


Kate Dorsey: 

Oh man, this was a great interview!  Join me and my special guest Kate Dorsey from Thrive Coaching as we tackle, self confidence, fear and uncovering your personal strengths.  Kate is a therapist turned life coach which enables her to better serve her clients.  She literally helps you cut through all that crap you have going on in your head so you can step out of your own fear and into a good life!

Have you considered life coaching versus therapy?  Kate and I have a great discussion about the difference and why you would choose one over the other! 

In the episode Kate shares her secret sauce to move you from fear to fierce.  We experience fear and stress over just about everything.  But, we discuss how you are hurting yourself with perpetual worry and being stuck in outdated belief systems.  Outdated belief systems get in the way of your own self-confidence!   You will understand why this is actually getting in your way and what you are doing that destroys your self confidence and gives you the strategies that will work to help you move forward in your life.  



Cyndie Silbert: 


Yesterday's Call was emotional for me. As I prepared the training and the delivered it, I realized what a miracle the Feminine Mastery Archetypes really are. From the way they came to me and now the way they are making their way into the lives of women really leaves me feeling blessed.

Seeing all the women show up for the call one-by-one to receive the steps to their next miracle sent a wave of inspiration over me. And the best part is that I got to tell every woman that they are the miracle! That all that you need to live a life beyond your dreams is within you now. It's in your unique Feminine Genius.

Click HERE for the Call Replay - in case you missed it and would still like to hear the steps to creating your next miracle and how to have overflowing success, wealth and love.

Just a gentle reminder that both the new bonus and my special gift that I announced on the Call expire tonight (Jan 29th @ Midnight Pacific). You can learn more HERE.

And a gentle invitation for you. If you're at all on the fence or feeling called to join us for our Feminine Mastery group program this year but still have questions - Schedule your time with me HERE, OK?

Take the Archetype Quiz and bring your result to our call.

Let's see if we can get a jump start on revealing your unique Feminine Genius so that you can start living your true calling with your next wave of miracles now!


Darcy Iverson: 

Tips for dating and relationships if you struggle with ANXIETY or Anxious Attachment Disorder.


The highlight of the week:

Social event: I went out on Thurs. night and met new people.

Job interview: I went to one interview this week at an accessories store.  I applied to the store website.

Burden of Truth: In the season 2 premiere.

Billy: They pay you for your advice, but they never want to take it.

My opinion: Billy is talking about being a lawyer, but lots of people get paid to give advice like counselors, coaches for career and life.

The above are self- help podcasts that I don't pay for, but I do listen to it and usually apply it.

The internet is where you can get all the information.  I went to a career counselor B at the MacEwan University back in 2012.  I was there a few times and we did mock interviews.  I didn't exactly pay her directly, because I'm an alumni.  I paid for the college classes, and the career counseling is there if any student wants to attend. 

Work: I worked a lot this week.

No comments: