May 3, 2018 Gym job interview: I did an interview in Feb. 2018. I passed my resumes out in person.
1. It was easy to get to.
2. It was to be a receptionist which is an office position I really wanted.
3. The hours were like mid-day.
4. The pay is $15/hr.
5. I can do the job of greeting customers, answer phones, sell memberships, cleaning the place.
My opinion: I would work there. I will give them points that they called to say I didn't get hired.
Jun. 19, 2018 Caregivers place job interview: I did an interview in Mar. 2018.
1. The hours are good like Mon.-Fri. 8am-4pm.
2. The pay is $18-25/hr.
3. The duties are to set appointments to send caregivers to homes. It had medical and non-medical appointments. The patients have cognitive delay like advanced dementia. The company works for the government and for private companies.
They help people improve the quality of life. The patients are kids to seniors.
The job is to support human resources.
4. The office was in a house.
5. Good questions. There was this:
"What bothers you in society? What do you think is not right?"
I mentioned something about #Metoo. I have written about this topic on my blog.
6. It was one bus to get to.
1. I guess it seems pretty hard. The office had 11 people. There are over 50 caregivers in the field.
My opinion: I didn't get hired. I would work there.
Café: I applied on the internet in Mar. 2018. Then I got a call back on Fri. I called them back the next week. They haven't hired yet and they said that if I sent my resume they will call me back. They didn't call back.
Then this month they were hiring so I emailed my resume. No call backs.
Asian fast food place: I got a call from them in Mar. 2018. It was for a cook position.
Jun. 20, 2018 Gym food counter attendant job interview: I got a call from them in Mar. 2018. He told me about the job on the phone.
It was in downtown. It was full day for Thurs. and Fri. There is a Sat. half day.
He says he will call and start setting up job interviews in the next 2 days.
I called back a few days later and left a message. He didn't call.
Luggage store job interview:
1. It was in downtown.
2. The hours are weekdays.
3. The pay is min. wage. There isn't a commission. If you achieve a weekly or monthly goal, there is a bonus like 0.01% of sale. It's like $50-100.
The 8hr shift goal is $500. The week goal is $6000.
1. This is a mild con. I'm not that interested in sales. I prefer working with food.
My opinion: I would still work there if I got hired.
Jun. 26, 2018 Bakery production job interview: I did an interview in May 2018.
1. It was by downtown.
2. The hours are daytime. It's part-time.
3. The pay is $13.60/hr. There is a discount on the food.
4. I can do the job of baking.
1. This is a mild con. I have to work 1 Sat. shift a week. My restaurant needs me on the weekends for Sat. and Sun.
My opinion: They said they will give people a trial shift to see how they work. I didn't get a trial shift. However, I know it probably wouldn't have worked out.
I'm sure some of you guys are saying: "How do you know if you didn't try?"
I have intuition, but I can't prove it unless I tried. I have been right about that phone sales rep job in Jan. 2018. I worked for a day and quit. It was 100% commission and I had to look for my own leads.
In Feb. 2018, I worked at Telemarketer #3 job and I know I wasn't going to succeed there. Succeed as in last for longer than a month. Telemarketing is hard, but I decided to work there anyway and give my 100% best effort. What if I did sell something on the phone?
Dilbert comic: I cut out this comic back in May 11 2018:
Panel 1: Dilbert and Boss are talking.
Dilbert: We tried that plan already and it didn't work.
Boss: Stop living the past.
Dilbert: Stop refusing to learn from experience.
Boss: Wait...why do we both sound right?
Dilbert: I don't know. It's freaking me out a little.
Jul. 7, 2018 The Purge: TV show: I read this is going to be a TV show. I have never seen any of the movies, but I would like to check out one.