Thursday, July 12, 2018

job interviews/ 9 yr old girl saves baby brother

Apr. 25, 2018 Car company job interview: I did an interview in Apr. 2018.

Pros:

1. It was full-time.  The hours are 9-5.

2. The pay is $15/hr.  In 3 months, there would be benefits.

3. It was close by.  There is one bus and walk a bit.

4. I can do the job by answering phones, payments.

Cons:

1. There was mention of QuickBooks and I don't know how to use it.

2. They mentioned having a license is an asset.  I told him I do know how to drive.  (I had driving lessons in 2009 and 2016).  I don't have a license.

3. It seems like it's all guys there.  

My opinion: I would work there if I got hired.  It would be an average fit.  The boss and I did have a good rapport.  I guess the boss was looking for someone with more experience, a license, and an interest in cars.  

May 3, 2018 Gym job interview: I did an interview in Feb. 2018.  I passed my resumes out in person.

Pros:

1. It was easy to get to.

2. It was to be a receptionist which is an office position I really wanted.

3. The hours were like mid-day.

4. The pay is $15/hr.

5. I can do the job of greeting customers, answer phones, sell memberships, cleaning the place.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I would work there.  I will give them points that they called to say I didn't get hired.

Jun. 19, 2018 Caregivers place job interview: I did an interview in Mar. 2018.

Pros: 

1. The hours are good like Mon.-Fri. 8am-4pm.

2. The pay is $18-25/hr.

3. The duties are to set appointments to send caregivers to homes.  It had medical and non-medical appointments.  The patients have cognitive delay like advanced dementia.  The company works for the government and for private companies.

They help people improve the quality of life.  The patients are kids to seniors.

The job is to support human resources.

4. The office was in a house.

5. Good questions.  There was this:

"What bothers you in society?  What do you think is not right?"

I mentioned something about #Metoo.  I have written about this topic on my blog.

6. It was one bus to get to.

Cons: 

1. I guess it seems pretty hard.  The office had 11 people.  There are over 50 caregivers in the field.

My opinion: I didn't get hired.  I would work there.

Other jobs: 

Café: I applied on the internet in Mar. 2018.  Then I got a call back on Fri.  I called them back the next week.  They haven't hired yet and they said that if I sent my resume they will call me back.  They didn't call back.

Then this month they were hiring so I emailed my resume.  No call backs.

Asian fast food place: I got a call from them in Mar. 2018.  It was for a cook position.  

Jun. 20, 2018 Gym food counter attendant job interview: I got a call from them in Mar. 2018.  He told me about the job on the phone.

It was in downtown.  It was full day for Thurs. and Fri.  There is a Sat. half day.

He says he will call and start setting up job interviews in the next 2 days.  

I called back a few days later and left a message.  He didn't call. 

Luggage store job interview:

Pros:

1. It was in downtown.

2. The hours are weekdays.

3. The pay is min. wage.  There isn't a commission.  If you achieve a weekly or monthly goal, there is a bonus like 0.01% of sale.  It's like $50-100.

The 8hr shift goal is $500.  The week goal is $6000.

Cons:

1. This is a mild con.  I'm not that interested in sales.  I prefer working with food.

My opinion: I would still work there if I got hired.

Jun. 26, 2018 Bakery production job interview: I did an interview in May 2018.

Pros: 

1. It was by downtown.

2. The hours are daytime.  It's part-time.

3. The pay is $13.60/hr.  There is a discount on the food.

4. I can do the job of baking.

Cons:

1. This is a mild con.  I have to work 1 Sat. shift a week.  My restaurant needs me on the weekends for Sat. and Sun.

My opinion: They said they will give people a trial shift to see how they work.  I didn't get a trial shift.  However, I know it probably wouldn't have worked out.

I'm sure some of you guys are saying: "How do you know if you didn't try?"

I have intuition, but I can't prove it unless I tried.  I have been right about that phone sales rep job in Jan. 2018.  I worked for a day and quit.  It was 100% commission and I had to look for my own leads.

In Feb. 2018, I worked at Telemarketer #3 job and I know I wasn't going to succeed there.  Succeed as in last for longer than a month.  Telemarketing is hard, but I decided to work there anyway and give my 100% best effort.  What if I did sell something on the phone?

Dilbert comic:  I cut out this comic back in May 11 2018:

Panel 1: Dilbert and Boss are talking.

Dilbert: We tried that plan already and it didn't work.

Panel 2:

Boss: Stop living the past.
Dilbert: Stop refusing to learn from experience.

Panel 3:

Boss: Wait...why do we both sound right?
Dilbert: I don't know.  It's freaking me out a little.


My week:

Jul. 7, 2018 The Purge: TV show: I read this is going to be a TV show.  I have never seen any of the movies, but I would like to check out one.
Josh Beauchamp: I found this article "The world's at his feet" about this Edmonton teen dancer.  There was an interview, but this is just a small article.


Oh, here's the article: 

Q: Was there a moment when you knew this was what you wanted to do for a career?
A: It was the first time I ever took a trip to L.A. I was probably 14. I took a class in a studio called Movement Lifestyle. And in the end, the choreographer had me do a solo. It was a new place and I barely knew the choreography but I just went out there and said, ‘Screw it … I’m going to do it.’ And in that moment of performing, I felt something I’d never felt before, such a feeling of fulfilment and warmth. I just knew from that moment on I wanted to do this for the rest of my life.


"Saudi women on the front line of change": Today I found this article by Liz Sly in the Edmonton Journal.  Here is an excerpt.  I will copy and paste the whole thing on a blog post.  I like it because it's about feminism and women having more normal rights and freedoms like we do in Canada and the US:

Navigating daily life in this sprawling metropolis of 7 million people requires a complicated set of calculations for the 50 percent of the population that is female. Will a man be available to drive me to this or that appointment? How will the children get to school? Which door should I use to enter this building? Which line should I join to order my coffee in the mall?
Sometimes, in the course of a day, women will pull on and off their face coverings, headscarves and black-robe abayas a dozen times or more, in a variety of combinations, depending on whether men are present and how well they know them. The penalty for getting it wrong can include social ostracization, humiliation for the woman and her family, unwelcome harassment by men and, until recently, detention and imprisonment.
In small but significant ways, the daily reckonings are becoming easier and the costs of failure are falling. The social reforms unleashed by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman are bringing changes to many aspects of life in the conservative kingdom, but none stand to benefit more than women, whose treatment has set Saudi Arabia apart from the rest of the world for decades.

Lexie Jackson: 9 yr old girl with cerebral palsy saves baby brother:

Lexie Jackson may be confined to a wheelchair — but that didn’t stop her from stopping her brother from drowning in the family pool.
The nine-year-old from Dartmouth, N.S. is being hailed as a hero after she alerted her family that her 18-month-old brother, Leeland, was in danger.
Lexie’s mother, Kelly Jackson, and her grandmother, Nancy Comeau-Drisdelle, were busy preparing for Lexie’s birthday party when Leeland slipped out of sight.
Running back and forth trying to make the food, and bring stuff outside and inside and (Leeland) was napping at the time,” Jackson told CTV News. “So then I thought OK, he’s up, I’m going to run upstairs and get changed. Mom brought him downstairs for me, we didn’t communicate the door isn’t locked.”
Leeland’s grandmother says she turned her back for “‘just a few seconds,” during which time the toddler opened the patio door and closed it behind him.
As Lexie, who has cerebral palsy, watched her brother head towards the pool, she began screaming from her wheelchair.
She’s yelling and she’s pointing at the door and I realize Leeland’s not with her,” recalled Comeau-Drisdelle.

She ran outside but couldn’t see the toddler — he had already fallen in the pool.
“We had just refilled the pool, it was freezing cold and we had the tarp on it,” she said. “He was right by the edge and I took him out.”



"Hilarious time capsule message hidden in wall": 

A Californian couple who were renovating their bathroom discovered a time capsule from former owners on Tuesday containing a message reading, 'We remodeled this bathroom Summer 1995... what's wrong with the way we did it?'
Alex Monney and his wife, Jessica, said the handwritten note was discovered inside their San Jose home by contractors carrying out building work. It was accompanied by a smiling photo of the couple and their black and white rabbit.
The message read: 'Hi! We're the Shinsekis! We remodeled this bathroom Summer 1995. If you are reading this, that means you're remodeling the bathroom again. What's wrong with the way we did it?!?!?'

Jul. 12, 2018 DVR complaints: A few days ago I noticed a number of recordings got deleted.

I asked P if he deleted his own recordings and he said no.
I then noticed it was my recordings that got deleted.
I asked S if she deleted them and she said no.

My mom said she deleted them because she was trying to watch TV, and the TV said she couldn't watch the show that was airing right now because there was too many recordings saved so she deleted them.

I was angry.  She should have deleted P's shows that weren't specifically "saved until I delete" (a checkmark symbol) like I had.  She should have deleted shows without a checkmark symbol meaning "save until space needed."

Then again, it's not like my mom knows about that.

However, I was able to watch the shows by going to Telus on Demand and I can access the episodes.

1. Quantico
2. Shades of Blue
3. Crawford

Fortunately, she didn't delete Humans.  That show is On Demand, but the season 3 premiere is not available for me to watch.  I didn't watch this season yet.

The highlight of the week: I did watch the above TV shows.

Free clothes: My sister was cleaning out her closet and my mom and I got free clothes from her.  No need to go shopping.

Then again, I hardly go clothes shopping because I wear a uniform at my restaurant job.  Even before  I got a job there, I still hardly ever buy things. 


No comments: