3. Justin Hires was in it as a friend. He was in the Rush Hour TV show that came out in summer 2016. I saw the pilot to that show and never watched it again. Hires was good as Carter on that show.
May 25, 2018 Designated Survivor:
"A low-level Cabinet member becomes President of the United States after a catastrophic attack kills everyone above him in the line of succession."
1. Good writing. There is lots of drama, conflict, and tension.
2. Good acting from all the actors.
Kiefer Sutherland- from 24.
Maggie Q- from Nikita.
Kal Penn- from Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.
3. It's a very creative and original idea to have someone forced to become the President.
My opinion: It was a good pilot. I watched the 2nd episode to make sure if I really wanted to watch the series. I decided not to.
It wasn't like an action- drama like Blindspot and Quantico.
It was more like political drama like The West Wing and Madame Secretary.
As of today, ABC cancelled it after 2 seasons. I'm a little surprised because it's really good. Unless they move to another network.
"A slightly unhinged cop is partnered with a veteran detective trying to maintain a low stress level in his life."
1. There is good action with car chases and shoot outs. The first scene was a bank robbery with hostages.
2. The actors are good Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford playing the cops.
Jordana Brewster (from the Fast and Furious movies).
The therapist Maureen: What you don't talk about, can't hurt.
I should put that in my inspirational quotes.
4. There is drama, conflict, and tension. The pilot did have a good mystery.
1. This is a mild cliché. A suicide or accident is really a murder.
2. The veteran detective wants to maintain a low stress level life, then he shouldn't be a cop. That's a very stressful job.
I work at a restaurant and it can be stressful and busy, but when you're a cop, it can get dangerous.
My opinion: The pilot was average. It was fun to watch, but I never watched it again.
Jun. 6, 2018 Bull:
"BULL stars Michael Weatherly as Dr. Jason Bull in a drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time. Brilliant, brash and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses and the accused tick."
1. Michael Weatherly is an average actor. He was on Dark Angel. I know he was on NCIS for years, but I never watched it. All the others were average.
2. I do like the character Bull of how he is able to read people and know what they're thinking. I'll add him to the characters like Sherlock in Elementary, and Patrick Jane in The Mentalist.
Bull: Give yourself what you wish you could get from somebody else.
Jun. 28, 2018 Peak TV: There are so many shows on so many platforms from networks and streaming like Netflix and Amazon.
I was going through my notes. I have been watching about 20 pilots a year since 2016. Before it was about 15 pilots. I don't have Netflix. I have Telus and network TV.
Mid- season (Jan and Feb.): A few pilots.
Spring season (Mar. and Apr.): A few pilots.
Summer season (May and June): A few pilots.
Fall season: 10-12 pilots.
I always check out pilots, but that doesn't mean I pick up all the shows and watch them regularly. As you can see the above, I didn't pick them up.
I read this in the National Post in the Edmonton Journal. There was a longer article in the paper than the website.