Dec. 29, 2016: I was going through my news clippings again and I found this in the Metro:
Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation Hospitality Institute
Access to Exceptional Hospitality Training
Service Industry Skills Certificate
- Guest Services Relations Host - XBUS2007 (18 hours)
- Server/Host/Suite Attendant - XBUS2003 (18 hours)
- Concession Worker - XBUS2004 (30 hours with Food safety Training below)
- Ticket Takers/Ushers - XBUS2005 (18 hours)
- Housekeepers - XBUS2006 (18 hours)
- WHMIS - XBUS10174 (4 hours)
- Human Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure (HBPE) - XHLT1023 (5 hours)
- Emergency First Aid/CPR - XBUS1014 (7 hours)
- BASCIS.fst food handling certification - Food Safety Training Basics - BUS2008 (included in concession worker Level 2 specialization above)
Student Access Funding
The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation Hospitality Bursary
- Completion of the Service Industry Skills Registration Form (enrolling in the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation Hospitality Institute).
- Proof of residence within northern Alberta (Red Deer and north).
- Financial need.
- Preference will be given to applicants referred by local youth organizations and agencies.
May 2, 2017 Ashton Online: I was at the job fair at the Shaw Conference Centre a couple of weeks ago and I found this college:
Ashton Online utilises latest synchronous and asynchronous tools in educational technology to create an interactive learning experience. Students have an opportunity to learn through live online lectures, take interactive quizzes, complete assessments, and connect with fellow learners in real-time. Our online courses provide new flexibility and opportunities for learning, yet remain academically-rigorous and require the same investment of time and work as a face-to-face course.
Dental Receptionist Certificate
Bookkeeping is a stable and in-demand profession, with Service Canada reporting that 80% of all bookkeepers find full-time employment. In addition, the average unemployment rate of bookkeepers is half as low as the average unemployment rate for all professions.
All businesses, regardless of their size perform financial transactions and all of them need bookkeepers. Many bookkeepers are self-employed, running small businesses and sub-contracting services to regular clients. Bookkeepers are employed by private businesses, governments, and virtually every other type of institution.
My opinion: There is good job security in it. However, I wouldn't want to do this full-time. When I was at the home installation job, there was some math involved. However, it was only part of it. It wasn't the whole job.
Here they teach you QuickBooks and Sage 50 Accounting. I looked at a lot of office assistant jobs and they say they want someone who knows these programs.
A student can join a dental receptionist training program anytime. With this short training, the candidate can be a dental receptionist at any dental clinic. A dental receptionist is the first point of contact for patients, so the candidate needs to be approachable, friendly, and outgoing. Being a dental receptionist requires the candidate to be organized in handling patient information. The patient records are also kept confidential.
Graduates may perform a variety of tasks ranging from appointment booking, public relations and bookkeeping, to keeping financial records in a dental office environment.