Sunday, May 7, 2017

Creep Catchers/ Justin Berry

May 4, 2017: I forewarn you that this is a negative email/ blog post.  I won't be hurt and offended if you decide to skip this altogether and go straight to the "my week" part.


Oct. 1, 2016 Creep Catchers: I feel like this will be my "junk email" where I write all about the bad stuff that I'm not supposed to write about.  It's because I had quit writing those topics and am bored and sick of them. 

I said this before on a blog post, that I don't want anyone to send me about sexual predators or teen pregnancy.  However, I did find this article in the Edmonton Journal by Dave Lazzarino on Sept. 30, 2016.  It really stood out to me:

The head of the group, John Doep, took to social media in reaction to reports that a Creep Catchers operation may have led to the recent suicide of an Edmonton woman.

“There are not enough police online. Citizens need to stand up and play the role the current system can’t afford,” Doep wrote.

The woman, 27-year-old Katelynn McKnight, was featured in a Creep Catchers video that accused her of trying to lure a young girl for sex. The young girl, it turns out, was actually Doep.

Family members of McKnight have since accused Doep and his vigilante group of targeting vulnerable people.

Along with the larger-picture issues of vigilante justice — a lack of due process, undermining the rule of law, putting people at unnecessary risk — Camp said there are practical issues that impact the ability of police to do their jobs.

My opinion: It was a woman who was caught.  That was a new one and I have never seen that on Dateline: To Catch a Predator or even the lower budget W-Five version of it.

I know women can be sexual predators.  Don't you hear about women school teachers being sexual predators to students?

Also that reminds me of the time I was rereading one of my Seventeen magazines.  There was a story of woman with a teenage son.  She lets him and all his guy friends come over and be allowed to drink alcohol.  She had sex with a few of the guys.

Also another story in Seventeen about a girl being molested by her female nanny.
I remember way back in like 2002, I saw an ep of Montel Williams where he interviews this black woman who was in a cult.  She said she was molested by men and one woman.





Oct. 12, 2016 "Who's the real creep?": Today I found this article by Christie Blatchford in the Edmonton Journal:

"And John Doep, well, by the standards this lot share, he may be the current champ, in that his outing of a mentally ill, transgender woman named Katelynn Ariel McKnight (formerly Joe Dunn) may have played a role in her suicide late last month."

My opinion: So the woman was really a man prior to the sex change.  That is an important fact.


Oct. 1, 2016 Montel Williams: I looked him up because I wanted to know how to spell his name correctly.  I was never a fan of his.  I only watch a couple episodes here and there.  No disrespect to him or his show, but I was simply not that interested.

"Back to the freedom of speech issue, it seems that if you go on Fox and Friends you had best stick to the subject at hand and not let your personal feelings show. Montel Williams during an appearance on Fox and Friends questioned the over kill coverage that the Heath Ledger’s death was receiving compared to the deaths that week in Iraq. No matter how much they tried to change the subject Montel kept going. After they came back from break Montel was not on the set. This after one of the host said that they would talk about Montel’s book."


I did not know he was on for 17 seasons.


Maury: I decided to look him up and see how long he's been on air.  He's been on for 19 seasons.

Justin Berry: I was thinking about him again and the post:
Here is one that's kind of offensive:

"I'm sorry, but the whole time I was watching this, I was thinking about South Park.  You know where Cartman goes on the computer and he writes "I'm a 10 yr old boy" and everybody starts IMing him.

You guys are probably like:

A. That is offensive.

B. That is funny.

C. Both.

I was offended by that.  Then again, the person did give a forewarning.

My Oct. 1, 2016 opinion: I want to add that I'm sure some of you guys are saying: "It's funny because it's true.  That's what happened when Berry described that as soon as he got on the webcam, all these people started IMing he really fast."

Oct. 2, 2016: I was watching the Bull TV show pilot. 

"BULL stars Michael Weatherly as Dr. Jason Bull in a drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time."


In the pilot, Bull can imagine this black woman juror saying: "Yeah, blame the victim."
I'm not saying I blame Justin Berry as a victim.  I am saying he is not 100% victim.

Oct. 14, 2016: I also want to add the correct quote from South Park.  Cartman types in "I'm an 8 yr old boy looking for more older and mature friends" and then everybody starts IMing him.  My brother saw the show and told me the quote.  It was like in 2010 when I watched the South Park episode. 




Oct. 22, 2016: I felt kind of dumb after I read the South Park comment.  All those people who started IMing Berry right away, most of them were probably predators.  When I first saw it, before reading all those TWOP comments, I thought they were just regular people.


Oct. 1, 2016:

Counter argument: I want to add more about how my friend Angela was saying, that by the time you're at that age (13 in Berry's case), you kind of know what's right and what's wrong.
There are a couple of more teen girls who want to get pregnant on purpose.

Teen pregnancy: Now I'm going to write about that Tyra Banks episode again.  I already wrote about Jessica and Sue- Ann who wants to get pregnant.

19 min in, there is another girl Kiara, (the black girl on the left in the pink shirt on the screen cap), who accidentally got pregnant at 13.  She's 4 months pregnant on the show.  She told Tyra her 13 yr old friend wanted to get pregnant.

27 min in Katheryn is 16 and 7 months pregnant.  She talked about her pregnancy was planned and she was looking for a guy to have a baby with.  She mentioned "I was looking to get on welfare" and some of the audience groans and disapprove.  She would be on this legal aid and can have an apartment, and go to school, and bring the baby to school.

She wanted to have a baby so she could move out on her own instead of living with her mom and her rules.



Oct. 12, 2016 "Federal funding sought to help manage high-risk sexual offenders": I found this article by Dave Lazzarino in the Edmonton Journal yesterday.  Here are some excerpts:

But being able to extend that same attention to others like Joe has become difficult.
In 2009, the National Crime Prevention Centre gave COSA groups $7.5 million to run its programs across the country. But just five years later, that funding ran out. Around the same time, funding from Corrections Service of Canada for the group’s pilot project was also cut.

One of the last things that Stephen Harper did was end COSA funding,” said Harvey Voogd, a COSA volunteer who works directly with Joe.

The Edmonton chapter has had to lay off its only paid staff member and depends on volunteers to keep running programs for its existing members. Attracting and screening new volunteers and reaching out to offenders is getting harder to find time for.

Between COSA, an extended support team of counsellors and a regular regiment of Lupron(leuprolide acetate), a drug used to inhibit the production of testosterone and decrease sex drive, Joe has managed to not reoffend.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/crime/federal-funding-sought-to-help-manage-high-risk-sexual-offenders

Mar. 25, 2017 Financial pressure: I was thinking about Justin Berry on Oprah again.  I have mentioned before that if someone was threatening him or his family or friend to do something bad, then Berry is 100% victim.

Berry was getting paid to do sexual things on his webcam.  The whole Oprah episode, he didn't mention anything about:

"My mom was a single mom.  She worked like 50 hrs a week.  I was only 13 and I needed to save money for college.  My grades weren't that good and I don't know if I can get a scholarship.  The only jobs I can get were mowing lawns and baby-sitting.  I would be too young to work at a restaurant."

I then looked up the age to work in Alberta, and you can work when you're 12, but with parent's permission.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-rules-mean-12-year-olds-can-work-in-alberta-1.563520

I have mentioned this before about this 18 or 19 yr old black woman who came on the Tyra Banks show.  She is a stripper because she had to pay for her college tuition and living costs.  She lived on her own and not with her family because there were too many kids there.  She wanted to tell her mom and grandma this on TV because they can't freak out at her when there's an audience.

She's not a victim, because she is legally an adult and she chose to do this job.

Nov. 27, 2016 Post Secret: This is relevant:
fucking
My opinion: That's why when you take sexy photos of yourself, make sure your head and face is not in the photo so they can't identify you.




thankyou
My opinion: At least there's a happy ending here.

May 4, 2017 The Young and the Restless: This was way back in 2007.  It was in the summer and I had free time so I got back into this soap opera.  The storyline was that Lily found her husband Daniel's phone.   It has a picture of breasts and there is a mole on it.  Lily suspects Amber sent her breasts to Daniel.

Lily confronts Amber about it: The breasts have a mole on it just like your breasts.  However, Amber's face was not in the photo and you can't really ID her.  Amber says it wasn't her.

My week:



Apr. 28, 2017 "Sandwich Store Worker Has Incredibly Laid Back Reaction to Armed Robbery": I found this on Yahoo.  This black guy/ Robber in a blue hoodie orders something at a fast food place.  This 20 something yr old white guy/ Worker takes his order.  Then the Robber points a gun at him and yells at him to give him money. 

The Worker calmly opens the till and gives him all the bills and some change.  His face is completely straight as he is being robbed.

"At the time of writing, Kansas City Police Department are asking for assistance in identifying the suspect in the surveillance video, with members of the public told to contact their TIPS Hotline at (001) 816-474-TIPS (8477)."


https://ca.yahoo.com/news/sandwich-store-worker-incredibly-laid-142556058.html

Comments:

darcman 9 hours ago
The robber is the new poster child for Black Lives Matter

1 Mad Scientist 9 hours ago
What no comments from "Black Thugs Matter" yet?

Don 9 hours ago
I would bet a buck that the worker has had a gun in his face before.

RustyDog 9 hours ago               
Smart kid, the last thing you want to do when dealing with a drugged out #$%$ is get them excited. Nice disguise the idiot is wearing.

D 8 hours ago
Black Guys with Handguns Matter !

My opinion: I was thinking that people saw the robber's face.  I was thinking that the white guy was like: "Damn, that's what you get for working at a fast food joint late at night."

May 1, 2017 Job fair: I went to a job fair a couple of weeks ago at the Shaw Conference Centre.  I attended one there a few months ago.  They had the same booths like smaller colleges like Reeves College.

Commissionaires job: I picked up a flier and looked it up.  This is more about security.  However, I decided to look around a bit.  There is an "administration" part, but none in Edmonton.

It said you need to be available to work 24/7 in shifts.  As in administration, it would probably be 9am-5pm.  However, there aren't any jobs in Edmonton.

http://www.commissionairesjobs.ca/

La Capitale: It said "financial security" underneath it.  It sells insurance.  I see the location and it's far.  I looked at the "jobs" part and it says "French only."

https://www.lacapitale.com/en

May 2, 2017 The Handmaid's Tale: This is a book by Margaret Atwood.  I didn't know about her until I had to read Oryx and Crake in Eng. 101 at my Professional Writing program at MacEwan.  I did pay to see her speak at MacEwan in 2006 for class.

I saw the first half hour of the 1990 movie around 2010.  It was depressing and then my sister came and said she wanted to watch Castle.  So I watched Castle with her instead.

I read that the TV series was coming out on Bravo and I had free preview of it on my Telus.  I recorded the pilot and watched it the next day.

"Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship."

Pros: It was well-written, good acting and cinematography.

Cons: It was depressing.  I recorded the 2nd episode, but now I don't really want to watch it.  It was disturbing.  They forewarned about nudity, profanity, and subject matter.

I was in kind of a bad mood after watching it.  I also wanted to watch something else to get my mind off it.  That's a sign for me to not watch it.

You should watch the pilot to check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834204/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Sorority Murder: I watched the first 30 min. of this TV movie a month ago.  I watched the last 1hr 30 min yesterday to get my mind off the above.  I watched it for the mystery.  It also starred Scarlett Byrne who was on The Vampire Diaries.

"Girl anxious to get away & start new at college. She's vulnerable. Grows suspicious of everyone everything when each one of her newfound "friends" seemingly suspects her for the murder."

It was average at best, and mediocre at worst.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4123854/?ref_=nv_sr_6

I remember watching the first 2 episodes of the TV show Scream Queens about a sorority.

"A semi-anthology series that centers on returning characters being terrorized by a serial killer in different locations, including a university and a hospital."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145384/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Then I remembered watching a TV movie starring Leighton Meester (before she got big on the TV show Gossip Girl).

The Deadly Pledge or The Haunting of Sorority Row (original title)

"Samantha Willows, a college freshman, looks to pledge a sorority. Unbeknownst to Sam, it is haunted by a former pledge taking revenge on those who wronged her."

That was average.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1110048/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_22

May 3, 2017 Work: Yesterday and today at work was pretty quiet.

Dwayne's Housing: Have you heard of this charity?  Well my workplace donated some blankets and bedding to them:

Dwayne’s Home is a 140 bed full room and board supportive facility located in downtown Edmonton close to social agency providers, services and a wide range of amenities. Dwayne’s Home features; 24 hour supervision, navigation to services and supports, assistance with housekeeping, life-skills supports and training, free laundry facilities, free internet access and computer stations, free public telephone, nutritious meals prepared on site, free haircuts and grooming services on a monthly basis and home care nursing assistance for those who qualify. We encourage a supportive community atmosphere amongst our guests and strive to assist them in achieving the highest state of health and wellness possible!

http://dwayneshousing.ca/dwaynes-home/

May 4, 2017: The Handmaid's Tale already got renewed for a 2nd season.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-handmaids-tale-renewed-season-2-hulu-1202407505/

Star Wars Day: I was reading the Dustin comic in the newspaper and they were talking about this.  "May the 4th" is like "May the force be with you."

Bebe is still online: I walked by the store and it said the store is still online.

Mountain Equipment Co-op: I was riding the bus and it moved away from the 124 st.  I then read in the Edmonton Journal it moved to the Brewery District.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=700960

Job search:

Restaurants: Today I went and passed out some more resumes to some restaurants. 

Office job: I got a callback from an office I applied to.  When I called back and got the address, it was in the west end.  There are 2 buses and it would be 1hr 30min to get there, so I told them it was too far.

Office building: I was on the bus and I always pass by this building.  I thought about the offices in there.  I then looked up the building and there were a few businesses I could apply to.  However, I was only qualified for 1 position so I applied there. 

No comments: