Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Seriously funny videos"/ friends/ Chad Todhunter

Apr. 17 Seriously funny videos: Someone emailed this through my blog:

Person: The blog "badcb" is really well done. Would you be willing to exchange blogroll links with me? I submit some of the funniest viral videos on the internet, and my blog is really starting to take off. I am starting to get a lot of traffic from google and I think we can help each other get more. I wanted to ask if you were interested before I sent you my link. Please reply if you are!

Me: Hi, thanks for reading my blog. Can you send me your link so I can check it out and see what funny videos you have?

Thanks.

Person: My site is http://www.seriouslyfunnyvideos.com let me know if you are still interested in linking each other on our pages. Thank you so much.

I saw the first video with Charlie Sheen and his cooking show. It's from "Funny or Die." I didn't really find it funny. I guess I have to watch more videos to find something to laugh about. I do like CS in the movie Scary Movie 3. That was funny. I was reading the Edmonton Journal and CS has been advertising this bipolar disorder charity on Twitter. That's good to promote awareness of mental illness.

Apr. 19 Unintentionally funny: I remember this time way back in 1999, I was watching the talk show Jonovision with the host Jonathan Torrens. It was aimed at teens and there was this little game show episode of girls vs. guys. The guys are to list 10 weapons used in movies, and the girls are to list 10 places to go on a date. Whoever gets the most items on the list, wins.

Girl 1: Restaurant!
Girl 2: Movie!
Girl 3: Bedroom!
The audience cheers and says: "Whoo!"

Yeah, well the girls got a point for that as on the list it says "Your house." The girls won the game. lol.

Friends: I find that watching TV shows remind me of my friends. I was watching the TV show Hellcats, and the characters Savannah and Dan are talking about virginity. That reminds me of this conversation I had with my friend Dan N. back in 2009:

Dan N: So I believe there was some virgin talk. What is this guy like 13? Asking: "Have you ever had sex before? Have you ever done it?" Not knowing what it is.
He laughs.

I was watching Desperate Housewives last year and there was a part where Renee is afraid of midgets. That reminds me of my old friend Jessie. She had said that she was afraid of midgets.

Dance: Last year I was watching the Glee cast on Oprah. I don't really watch Glee anymore, but I love this part. It's where Matthew Morrison (Mr. Shuester) and Harry Shum Jr. have a dance off. I was impressed with both of their dancing. MM is in his 30s and he can break dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OrLCNMf3NU&feature=related

Scary movies cliches: Scream 4 has recently come out where they make fun of scary movie cliches. I remember way back in the late 90s of the TV show Clueless that was a spinoff from the movie Clueless. There was an homage episode for Halloween. The group of friends started getting killed off.

Cher: Wait, Sean is outside.
Cut to Sean sitting on the bench in pouring rain and he's waving at them. The lightening strikes and with the flash, you see his wrist is tied to a tree branch and he is really dead.

At the end, it was only Dionne and Murray who are alive.

Dionne: Only virgins can stay alive in scary movies.
Murray: Well it looks like I'm going to die then.
lol.

It turns out the friends were all playing a trick on Murray because he always tries to take things too far and scare people.

Comedy comparisons: I had told my sister the VD joke I saw on The Sausage Factory and she was offended. I got this flashback of 2001 when we were watching a Friends rerun and Joey's face was on a VD ad. Joey was shocked that his face is on the ad and his friends are laughing about it.

They were 2 different jokes. On SF, Zack really thought he had VD and Joey didn't. However, they are making a joke about an STD.

Job interview: I went to a job interview today on my day off. It was for an office. I think the interview went okay, but the interviewer said there were a lot of applicants. She didn't give me a number, but I won't hold my breath.

Apr. 20 Lindsey Vonn: Does anyone remember Lindsay Vonn? She's an Olympic skier who won gold in the 2010 Olympics. I remember reading an article about her in the Edmonton Journal about the sacrifices she had to make to get to this level. She had to go to Europe to train and was split up from her family. Well she always had one parent with her.

Degrassi: I was watching Degrassi last year and Holly J needed money to pay for an expensive SAT class so she could get into Yale. What I got from it was sometimes it takes money to achieve your dreams.

I put hard work and time into my school work. However, my parents paid for my math tutor so I could go there every week so I can pass math. By passing math, I was able to get into college programs. Paying for college tuition

High school: I was thinking about high school. My teachers recommended me to go into all the low classes like Eng. 13 and Social. 13. The subtext is teachers don't believe in me or that they don't think I can cut it in the grade level classes. Let's be honest here, do you want to be guaranteed to graduate out of high school? If you do, then you go into all the low classes and do the bare min. and you can graduate with Math 24 and Science 24.

I wanted to go to college, and my family wanted me to. So I had to get a little above Math 24 and go into Applied Math. I actually end up doing more work by going into Eng. 13 and Social 13. They were easy classes, but I had to take Eng. 23 and 20, and Social 23 and 20, so I was able to get into Eng. 30 in gr. 12. I took Social 33 in gr. 12 because I needed an easy class. I was in Applied Math 30 and Bio 20 and 30. I did take Social 30 when I upgraded.

By taking those extra Eng. and Social classes, I got more credits.

Writing: This is a mild rant about how my script is predictable. Here is a Coles Notes version of my emails to Marty Chan about my Rain script.

MC: I predicted that the plan was going to go sideways because all plans do.
Me: Did you predict how it was going to go sideways?
MC: Yes.
Me: Did you predict when it was going to go sideways?

1. When she said the plan.
2. When they were at the place.
3. When the actions started.

If you pick 1, then it's very predictable because it's at the beginning. If you pick 3, then it's not very predictable because it was later.

MC: I say 1.

He predicted how and when. If he picked one of them, then it's not predictable.

Chad Todhunter: This actor was on the TV show Buffy in the season 3 premiere called Anne where Buffy is in LA. He was Lily's boyfriend in the beginning of the episode. He's pretty cute. This was back in 1998. My sister had bought the dvds so I was watching it with her.

I decided to look him up and he was on a CSI: NY ep I saw, but I don't remember him. I then watched the new Criminal Minds ep and he plays the bad guy in it. He's from Vancouver. Here's a link of his pic:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0865344/

No comments: