Friday, June 18, 2010

little jokes/ teen pregnancy/ The Fighter

June 15 Little jokes: This was from a few months ago, but it was from funnyordie.com. It had Justin Beiber do a little video.

JB: I wasn't allowed into a club, so I bought it and turned it into a Chuck E. Cheese.

Stereotypes: I was thinking about how black women often play judges in film. There was a joke about it on 30 Rock.

Tracy was talking to the actress Novella Nolan.
Tracy: Then again, I wasn't credited as a black judge 9 times on imdb.com.

Facebook: There was a newer episode of South Park where they make fun of Facebook and Chat Roulette. Kyle becomes addicted to playing Farmville. Cartman tells Kyle to find friends, he should go on Chat Roulette.

Stan hates Facebook, and his dad Randy confronts him.

Randy: Stan, your grandma poked you.
Stan: Yeah, I know.
R: Well aren't you going to poke her back?
S: Yeah, I'll do that later.
R: When your grandma pokes you, you poke her right back!

Dark jokes: This was when Ryan Phillipe guest-starred on Saturday Night Live. They actually did dark jokes on this show. It was about having sex with a coma patient. The audience goes: "Ohhhh." This is what I get from MadTV, not SNL.

Joke comparisons: Also on the same SNL episode, they did a sketch that was similar to one that MadTV did years ago.

SNL did a commercial about shaking weights to get fit. There was this sexual element to it. After it:

Me: MadTV did that with shaking a flashlight so it could work.
Sister: Oh yeah, I remember that product.
I didn't know the flashlight was a real product. I thought it was a joke that was made up for the sketch. lol.

Writing: I haven't really been looking for a job in the past week and a half. That's because I was reading Story by Robert McKee. In my defense, this is a library book so I had limited time to read it. I put this book on hold for a year, and I had to wait this long to get to read it so it's a priority. The producer John Kerr told me to read it, and then after I read it, we can talk about it.

Job search: I just went to www.teck.com/careers because I read about it in the newspaper. The closest locations are in Calgary. Looks like I won't be applying there.

The restaurant Marcello's in Telus, I have applied there twice this year. They pay $11/hr starting wage.

I read an article in the Edmonton Journal, and then it was on the National Post. It was about being a virtual assistant. It's kind of like an administrative assistant job, but work from home. It will eventually grow more.

June 16 Hotjobs.com: I went to this site, and it's really Yahoo jobs. I set up an account yesterday.

Motivation: I was reading The Globe and Mail last month, and Monster.com said:

"Aim higher. Reach farther. Dream bigger."

"Desire to escape a bad fit to the sense of fulfillment that could come from a good one."

Money phrases: I was thinking about "Top dollar, pretty penny." Then came "Easy money, hard cash."

Job interview: I checked my email, and no I didn't get the job that I interviewed for. They did say the dept. downstairs is hiring and they could pass my resume to them. I then said yes, pass the resume to them. I asked what the company downstairs was.

The other day after I did the interview, my dad, mom, and grandma asked about it. When I told dad that there were 4 other people up for this position, he said I wouldn't get the job. I will give myself points that though I may not have gone to school to become an administrative assistant, at least I managed to get 2 callbacks from companies. This and the funeral home.

Story: I finally finished reading Robert McKee's Story. Today I buckled down, and stayed home to read it. It took me 12 days to read it. I then emailed John Kerr about it.

Now that I finished frying that big fish, I should start on my other priorities. First I'll look for a job, and then start on my Fighter rewrites.

June 17 Feelings: I realized I haven't been doing much of a job search in the past 10 days. I feel anxious that I have to catch up on the days I missed and I'm still waiting on my EI. They haven't reactivated it yet. I have to use this energy and time to look for a job.

I did probably spend about 5 hrs on that last job interview. It took a few hours to get there and back, and the 30 min interview.

Teen pregnancy: Last month on the cover of Seventeen, it said: "Are you being tricked into getting pregnant?"

Me: Oh my God, it's about teen pregnancy, I have to read it!
lol.

I picked it up and it talked to 4 girls. It's about how TV influences you. One said that on Gossip Girl, everybody has sex, and there are no consequences. They don't show them using condoms. Well Blair did have a pregnancy scare in the first season.

Another said that she saw Juno, and she thought that having the kid was a "noble thing to do." Back when I was a teenager, I thought getting an abortion was kind of like a cop out. But you never know about people's situation. I would have told any teen girl to give the baby up for adoption. What I never thought of was that it would be hard to give the baby away, and what your parents would tell you to keep the kid and raise it as your own.

Another said that she wanted to get an abortion, but her friend, and the friend's mom said that God won't forgive you. That you may not be able to have kids later in life. She now works full-time at KFC and lives in a small apartment raising the kid.

The girl then said that on TV shows she watches, nobody even mentions abortion. Then you should have watched Degrassi: The Next Generation where Manny does get one. Now the girl is giving talks about teen pregnancy.

The last girl said that Adriana from 90210 and Amy from Secret Life of the American Teenager, they have kids, and their bodies go back to normal. There are no stretch marks. The closing argument is that if you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex. If you do, use 2 forms of birth control. Be on the pill, and use a condom.

The Fighter: I haven't been doing much of The Fighter rewrites until this afternoon. There isn't any TV shows to watch, and it's cloudy outside. I went out earlier this week. I stayed home and read yesterday and stayed home today to write.

I'm really proud of rewriting this one scene which is 4 pages long, which means 4 min. I deleted the filler and made it to 2 min long. I kept the pivotal stuff in. I also switched some documents around so I can free up a 3.5 floppy disk so I can put in the new version of the script.

Stress: It's been nearly 2 weeks, and I haven't gotten my EI check. The Service Canada operator did say I need to get all my papers in. I'm going to have to call in tomorrow and ask if I'm supposed to send in my Booster Juice Record of Employment in order to get EI.

I didn't send it in because I thought they didn't need it, or they would finish looking at my EI claim by now and made a decision. But since this much time has passed by, and they haven't given me an answer yet, I will call them. I also haven't been really pushing myself for a job search because I want to get all my EI. I did earn that EI.

June 18: I called Service Canada and the woman said it would be good to give my ROE to them. I called Booster Juice for it, and they said that since I worked less than 65 hrs, they don't give you one.

That's weird. I worked at Call Centre #5 for 2 days, and they gave me one. Service Canada said that I just have to be patient. She did say it's okay if I don't give them an ROE.

No comments: