Friday, December 19, 2008

lesson/ funny/ movie

Dec. 13 Lesson: I don't know about you, but today I learned that you're not supposed to put styrofoam in the microwave. Actually I kind of learned that lesson last Monday, but today it confirmed the lesson. I was going to put styrofoam last week, but my dad and my sister said not to put it in the microwave.

Today I was going to microwave soup in a styrofoam bowl, and a customer said not to put in it. Then my co- worker Don said not to put it in. Now I know. Nothing bad has ever happened when I microwaved styrofoam so that's why I never really learned the lesson.

Michael Trucco: I saw him on Law and Order: SVU earlier this week, and I'm still thinking about him. I went and watched some Battlestar Galactica interviews with him, and even One Tree Hill episode clips of him in it. I only saw a bit of OTH. It was ep where two girls were being held hostage by this psycho guy. The two girls then have to fight back.

It was like a horror movie on this teen drama. I guess that's the only reason I stayed to watch it on that weekend afternoon.

Dec. 14: Today I went and watched my Tru Calling dvd ep "Putting out Fires" where MT plays a firefighter. You can watch a fan video of him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTKLEdBU3c

Blog: Today, Michael from MacEwan asked what my blog url was. I was happy to tell him. I always advertise it on Facebook, but I don't know if anyone even checks it out.

Writing: Today there are no new episodes of TV shows I want to watch. I could have went to Rogers Video to rent some dvds, but instead I stayed home. I did something productive and worked on my script. I also checked my 3.5 floppy disks if they are still working because I had to make room for my third version of The Fighter.

News: Cruscoe is getting cancelled. Knight Rider may end up getting cancelled too. There was the original order of 21 episodes and it's been cut down to 17 episodes due to low ratings.

Dec. 15: I did some more writing and editing. Also this girl Cherie from MacEwan accepted me as a friend on Facebook.

Dec. 16: Yesterday I sent my script to Glynis Whiting again. I only wrote 10 more pages to it making it to be 56 pages long. I guess I should go watch Red Belt and Confessions of a Pit Fighter for inspiration.

Funny: Today my friend Dan who I met in the Arts and Cultural Management program stopped by my job.

D: I got a job at HMV at West Edmonton Mall.
Me: Yeah, I did a job interview at the HMV in Kingsway and City Centre, but they didn't hire me.
D: They pay like $9/hr.
Me: $9.10 /hr.

D: Is that the minimum wage?
Me: No, the minimum wage is $8.40/hr.
D: My other job paid way better, but the contract ended so I had to go and work somewhere else.

D: Are you done your Christmas shopping?
Me: In my family we don't exchange gifts.
D: Really? That must be nice.
Me: It is, you should try it. You didn't tell me why you got into that fight at the bar.
D: I was being a jerk.

D shows me his gifts that he bought.
D: I was going to buy some lingerie.
Me: Too much information.
D: I was going to bring a friend to do that, so it wouldn't be so awkward.
lol.

Dec. 17:

Me: So have you been reading my weekly emails?
D: You send me weekly emails?
Me: Yeah.
D: On hotmail?
Me: Yeah.
D: Well send it to me on Facebook. Do you have a pen?
Me: We're friends on Facebook.
D: Oh really? I'm sorry.
Me: Since 2006.

Rant: This is a complaint of mine. The other day I waited for the bus for 30 min. Then yesterday I waited for the bus for 50 min. Then today I waited for 60 min. Fortuntately I got to wait indoors and be able to sit inside the Stanley A. Milner library. It's also for me to go home. It's good that it doesn't make me late heading to work.

Movie: I saw The Polar Express on TV. It's a really good movie. Great animation and story. I recommend you all watch it if you haven't seen it. It's an unpredictable movie. I read this book in elementary school, but I forgot how the story went.

Dec. 18: My life is just like that TV show Free Ride where the lead character comes back from college and bumps into three people he knew from high school in one day. Yesterday I bumped into Dan, then today I bumped into Megan from my Writing program. We sat and chatted for 15 minutes while she drank her soup. We mainly talked about writing.

M: I always bump into you. The last time you worked at the other store.
Me: Xcetera.
M: That didn't work out?
Me: No.
M: How long have you been working here?
Me: 7 months.

Then after work I went to HMV and looked around for 15 minutes. I decided to kill time instead of sit and wait for the bus. Then I went to the library and waited. Then Dan from my Writing program showed up. We took the bus together and chatted about writing.

Dec. 19: I went on Youtube to see the trailers for Red Belt and Confessions of a Pit Fighter. The trailers didn't make the movies look really interesting to me. I'm surprised Tim Allen is in RD. He doesn't really do good movies. I was also surprised to see Flavor Flav in PF.

Last night I saw 30 Rock, and finally saw the episodes with Oprah Winfrey and Jennifer Aniston guest- starring on it. Really good episodes.

The actor Michael Trucco is still inspiring me. I saw him on an interview on Youtube and he said he is friends with the actor JR Bourne. I like Bourne. He often plays the bad guy. You may have seen him as the antogonist in the TV movie Selling Innocence, the bad lawyer in Thirteen Ghosts, and the cheating boyfriend in The Mentalist ep, and the bad guy in Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning.

No comments: