Friday, February 9, 2024

"Woman walks out of date early after hearing man's 'shocking' request - 'I ran away!'"/ "‘I Ain’t Getting Out This Car’: Viral Video of ‘Ungrateful’ Woman Refusing to Go on First Date at The Cheesecake Factory Causes Stir on Social Media"

I'm posting this in honor of Valentines' Day.


Nov. 21, 2022 "Woman walks out of date early after hearing man's 'shocking' request - 'I ran away!'":  

Today I found this article by Andrea Blazquez on Microsoft Start and Daily Express:


A woman shared on social media her most mortifying dating experience where she ended up "running away" after a very unusual suggestion. "I was 20 and went on a date with a 28-year-old man. Over dinner, he proceeded to tell me how desperate he was to get married and have children, and how he had been depressed that it hadn't happened yet.

"He then began saying that I was his idea of a 'dream girl' and just the type he always wanted to be with. 

Right after this, he asked if I would travel three hours away the following weekend to meet his mother because he was 'positive she will love' me. Shock!"


Another woman had a very similar experience: "I had a really enjoyable date with a guy - laughed, had a couple of drinks etc. Wrapped it up around 11.30pm with a peck on the cheek and said goodbye - he then asked if I wanted to meet his mum.

"She was waiting in the pub down the road and was dying to meet me apparently. I was confused I declined, ran away (drove away) and got a speeding ticket on my way home!"


My opinion: I never want to have kids.  However, if a guy said that to me, I would have to say: "Slow down.  We should see if we're a match first before I meet your mom."


Another forum user explained her worst date was when she met "a guy who turned up in a dirty top with holes in". She described how the dinner went: "He went and ordered drinks. Then the waitress brought his meal out. He didn't tell me he was having a meal, or ask if I wanted one.

"Then he told me exactly how much I owed for my drink! I told him I'd buy the next ones but he said he'd rather I just paid him back," the woman said.

However, it got worse as he then told her "his ex had a miscarriage but in the long run it was a good thing because they had split up sometime after and she would have ended up as a single parent".

"He stared at me the whole time. I ended up putting my sunglasses on just to avoid eye contact. He told me after that it was the best date he ever had...

"I never answered any of his many phone calls that went on for weeks. I had met him at the restaurant and I was so glad he didn't know where I lived!"

My opinion: He sounds like he's cheap by asking to get paid.  He doesn't want to have kids.

However, the rule is you're not supposed to talk about your exes on the first date.


Another woman explained she dated someone for "about a week or so and he seemed normal enough but he wasn't for me". However, he had booked a spa day and she "greedily said yes".

She continued: "I was waiting in the pool area for him to come through from the changing room and I actually heard people gasp in shock looking over. He had the smallest, tightest, whitest budgie smugglers/ thong you could imagine!"


A social media user shared her friend's mortifying experience when she dated a man who took her for dinner and had a "voucher for two for one meal".

"That's fine, all for getting a good deal. Except he made her pay the whole bill as his was free!" she said. 

My opinion: He's cheap.


"Another friend met a guy who apparently dated six nights a week as he had no TV," the woman added.

My opinion: There are other hobbies like reading.  Or get a side hustle.

I would get dating or going out that much because you're an extrovert and/ or you're really trying to find a partner.


A woman explained her friend met a "banker type" in London through a dating app but "wasn't sure from their chat about whether she really wanted to meet up with him, so asked if they could just meet for a coffee rather than his suggestion of dinner".

"When she got to the venue (a nice cafe-bar), she texted him only for him to reply he was next door at a very expensive restaurant, but 'It's OK, they do coffee too'.

"As it was already 4pm when they met, when they were finished up with their drinks he suggested they just stay for dinner. My friend gave her apologies - she's a single mum, and couldn't afford it - but he insisted on paying for everything.

"Shortly after the starter, he went off to the bathroom for a while and came back, in her words, 'toasted'. He could barely string a sentence together, except to repeatedly mention his ex-wife.

"My friend stayed on for the main courses which had already been ordered. At which point he went to the bathroom again and, you guessed it, skipped out on her, leaving her with a bill of around £150.

"He called her at 3am the same night and she woke up to a voicemail of him asking her for a second date since she had proved she wasn't a 'money-grabbing w***' like his ex!" she said.

My opinion: He's cheap.  However, he's bad for getting high on a date. This date seems like a test to the woman's character if she's a money grabber.  


Woman walks out of date early after hearing man's 'shocking' request - 'I ran away!' (msn.com)


Oct. 13, 2023 "‘I Ain’t Getting Out This Car’: Viral Video of ‘Ungrateful’ Woman Refusing to Go on First Date at The Cheesecake Factory Causes Stir on Social Media": Today I found this article by Nicole Duncan-Smith on Yahoo:


A woman went viral after posting a video on TikTok of an alleged first date with a man.

All dolled up in green with a lipstick color in the purple family, the woman in the video refuses to get out of the car because her date took her to The Cheesecake Factory.

The man in the video headed to the passenger side to help her out of the car; as he offered to get the door, she could be seen in the video saying, “Okay,” but assuring her followers she was not getting out.

“I ain’t getting out this car. Uhmm mmm,” she says before waving her finger, “no.”

“This is The Cheesecake Factory,” she said several times.

He asks, “What’s wrong with that?”

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE.

“This is a chain restaurant. Who takes someone who looks like this to a chain restaurant?”‘ she responds.

Shocked that she was filming on social media, the woman’s suitor asked if she wanted to talk about it and said he was fine with being filmed to discuss what was wrong with his choice of restaurant.

“So you expect a man to go all out on the first date; is that right?” he asks.

The woman explains that when a man “courts” a “beautiful woman,” he should “cherish her” and “treat her well.”

The man said he also went into the date with expectations, which included “treating her like a gentleman” and respecting her, but he also had expectations from her to be respectful. 

He mentioned that she was not being a good date and that it started long before they pulled into the parking lot.

He argued that she would not let him into her house. 

She countered that it was too early in their relationship to afford him access to her personal space. 

He pointed out that she was also late and kept him waiting.

The date said he had planned to take her to a nicer restaurant, but because of how late she was, he was unable to keep the reservation. He then showed her the canceled reservation.

Her entire energy shifted, and she asked him to try to go to the planned date location or at least to a similar restaurant. But by then, he seemed a bit over it.

“Look at me, I cannot go in The Cheesecake Factory,” the woman said. “I would die.”

Many on social media questioned the woman’s attitude about the first date and eating at the restaurant.

“She’s not fine enough to be acting like that towards Cheesecake Factory and I’m positive she knew he wasn’t her type before she left with him. She don’t like him, that’s all this is. Smmfh. This why yall hoes poor and lonely now,” one person wrote on her X profile.

Another person said, “She didn’t like him no way. She was just hungry and wanted to feel superior I guess. Why waste your time even going with him.”

One guy seemed to side with her feelings about the restaurant, but didn’t understand her reaction.

“Also I don’t believe The Cheesecake Factory is a horrible idea for a first dinner date. She’s acting like they pulled up to bojangles,” he said in X.

The date went downhill after the exchange over the other restaurant. It ended with him driving her home.

“I don’t have a lot of rules. I don’t have a lot of expectations for a first date,” he said. “I have already said them, and you’ve broken every one. I’m sorry,” he said before telling her he was dropping her “off home.”

“All right. Whatever,” she said. “I guess I understand. You gotta do what you gotta do.”

Her response seemingly showed it all. She knew she’d blown it.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ain-t-getting-car-viral-183009127.html

I prefer a gentleman over an expensive restaurant. Nice restaurants are everywhere but a caring person, especially a gentleman, is hard to find nowadays. Besides, good food doesn't stay with you forever - you know what I mean, but a thoughtful gentleman can last a lifetime.

  • first date could be a simple picnic - conversation is the key to building a solid relationship.

My opinion:

To the woman:

1. Don't be late.  Be on time.  I don't know there could be things she can't control like she had to go to work and to get home and to get ready for the date, she was late because of the traffic.

At the 3 min 45 sec mark she said she was at work.

2. It's good to have standards like you don't want to go to a restaurant, but I looked at the menu, and it was pretty good.



To the man:

1. You shouldn't go into her home.  That's her personal space. 


I really thought they should have gone on the date and ate.  They could really see if they're a match or not.

This 6 min. video and they're talking about the choice of the restaurant.  This seems like they're not a match.

The woman seemed kind of stuck- up.  I know she has standards and expectations, but she was coming off as stuck- up.

The man seemed down- to- earth.  

At least they're weren't yelling, arguing, and swearing at each other.


Jan. 21, 2024 Horror Date: This reminds me of this section on the website ecrush.com as a teen.  Lots of people send in their bad dates.  The first article would be horror dates.  

The second article isn't really a date.



These are the other blog posts of the week:


Perfect 12 matchmakers




Edmonton Expo job fair/ Edmonton Convention Centre job fair





My week: 


Mon. Feb. 5, 2024 "Manulife to cover specialty drugs at any pharmacy after backlash over Loblaw deal": Today I found this article on BNN Bloomberg.  This is good news:


Manulife Financial Corp. says patients who require specialty drugs will be able to fill their prescriptions at any pharmacy after backlash sparked by the insurance provider signing an exclusive arrangement with Loblaw Cos. Ltd.

Manulife Canada chief executive Naveed Irshad says the company listened to concerns expressed by patients over the past week and wants to ensure all Canadians under its coverage "have choice, access, and flexibility in managing their health."



Tues. Feb. 6, 2024 "Chicken For Lunch set to close its doors this month": Today I found this article by Charlie Hart on the Daily Hive:

Chicken For Lunch, one of Edmonton’s most popular lunchtime spots, is officially set to close its doors this month after 32 years.

The restaurant, which can be found in the food court at Rice Howard Place (formerly known as Scotia Place), is officially closing its doors on February 29, 2024.

It was announced last year that the food court would be closing down in March 2024 for renovations, and as a result, Chicken For Lunch would be closing up shop for good.

Luckily for those with fond memories of Chicken For Lunch and Quon, she will still be found at The Lingnan, another restaurant owned by her family, serving up her special dry spicy chicken.


My opinion: I passed my resume to Chicken for Lunch last month.  They were hiring for the Lingnan as a kitchen order packer and answer phones at night.

I want to work in the day time.  I will work at night at my work from home call centre job.



Fri. Feb. 2, 2024 Board game night: I walked over to the community league.

Trevor
Chris
Matt 

I met 2 new people.

Dominic -an Asian teen boy
Lynn- an old woman in her 60s

Gloomhaven: I never played this game before.  Trevor brought his tablet so he can keep score because there's a digital component to this.

You can even listen to an audio as the narrator tells the story to set up the game:


"Gloomhaven is a game of Euro-inspired tactical combat in a persistent world of shifting motives. Players will take on the role of a wandering adventurer with their own special set of skills and their own reasons for traveling to this dark corner of the world. 

Players must work together out of necessity to clear out menacing dungeons and forgotten ruins. In the process, 


they will enhance their abilities with experience and loot, 

discover new locations to explore and plunder, 

and expand an ever-branching story fueled by the decisions they make.

This is a game with a persistent and changing world that is ideally played over many game sessions. 

After a scenario

players will make decisions on what to do, 

which will determine how the story continues, 

kind of like a “Choose Your Own Adventure” book. 

Playing through a scenario is a cooperative affair where players will fight against automated monsters using an innovative card system to determine the order of play and what a player does on their turn.

Each turn, a player chooses two cards to play out of their hand. The number on the top card determines their initiative for the round. Each card also has a top and bottom power, and when it is a player’s turn in the initiative order, they determine whether to use the top power of one card and the bottom power of the other, or vice-versa. Players must be careful, though, because over time they will permanently lose cards from their hands. If they take too long to clear a dungeon, they may end up exhausted and be forced to retreat."



My opinion: This was a 4 player game.  I was there from 6:30-9pm.  I didn't really like the game that much because I didn't find this fun.

I do like the story.


Sat. Feb. 3, 2024 City Centre mall: I went to the Shoppers Drug Mart to buy snacks.

Soft Moc: This store closed down.

H&R Block: They're opening a location.  This is probably temporarily open for tax season.


Sun. Feb. 4, 2024 Blush Lane Organic Market: I went here and I see all these products and brand names that I never seen before.  It was expensive compared to Shoppers Drug Mart and Wal- Mart.



Coincidence: I asked P where he went out last night.  He said Shogun.

Today I was on Facebook and wished Lincoln a happy birthday.  He wrote to DM him for where he's celebrating.  He said Shogun.




Mon. Feb. 5, 2024 Cleaning: 

1. I shoveled snow.
2. I took out the recycling and trash.
3. I swept downstairs.
4. I washed the lunch and dinner dishes.  (I usually do that daily.) 


Dana Claudat: 

Year Of The Dragon Feng Shui To Create Great Fortune In 2024!

Clean your home.
Celebrate.
Give gifts in red envelopes.
Powerful yang energy.
Make a plan: to where you want to focus your energy this year.
Thriving plants.
Create more.
CEO of your life: Value your time.
What are you going to learn that's going to supercharge your life and career?
Dress for success: clean out clothes you don't like.
Hone your style.
Practice more confidence:
You will feel more confident in using your skills and gifts in the world everyday.
Affirm your greatness: Say affirmations like "Everything is always working out for me."
The colors: gold, silver, grey, white. Wear more jewelry.
Deep organization: We need to flow with change.


No comments: