Saturday, March 19, 2022

"Rose McGowan looks back at scandalous, see-through VMAs dress"/ "Judge jails Adrien Broner after boxer posts stacks of cash on Instagram while claiming he can't make court payments"

I'm posting this article in in honor of International Women's Day (Mar.8). 


Aug. 26, 2020 "Rose McGowan looks back at scandalous, see-through VMAs dress: ‘I hadn't really ever dealt with global media shaming’": This is where Rose McGowan talks about Harvey Weinstein who sexually assaulted her, and her PTSD afterwards.


I like that she talks about her PTSD so that the perpetrators or would-be perpetrators will know how their attack and actions affect their victims:  



The socially distanced MTV Video Music Awards will look very different this year, with no red carpet. But truly, no fashion do or don’t that Miley, Gaga, or any other attending superstar might have worn this year could top one of the most scandalous outfits in VMAs history: Rose McGowan’s see-through chainmail dress.
The author, activist, and former actress tells Yahoo Entertainment that she always hated the paparazzi-crazed red carpet experience. “You have these big men, a hundred of them yelling at the top of their voice trying to get you to look at them, but your body doesn't understand why it's being screamed at and aggressed on. … I'm like, ‘I feel like I'm being shot with guns right now,’” she says. But when McGowan attended the 1998 VMAs with her boyfriend at the time, Marilyn Manson, she decided to make a bold red carpet statement anyway. However, most people had no idea about the real, serious statement she was making by showing all that skin.
“It was my first big public appearance after being sexually assaulted,” say McGowan, who has long alleged that Harvey Weinstein raped her in 1997. “I just felt like, ‘Oh Hollywood, would you want a body just that you can use and throw away? Then I've got one for you!’ It was like at the end of Gladiator when he comes out and he's like, ‘Are you not entertained?’ 
And if you look at me, I did it with power. I didn't do it with my hand on my hip to be sexy. … Most of the women that are dressed like that on the red carpet, it's a calculated, sexy move to turn people on. Mine was like, ‘I’m gonna f*** with your brain. I'm going to blow your brain up.’ And nobody had done it.”
McGowan says that Manson himself was one of the many people who didn’t understand the intention behind the mind-blowing garment. “[The Weinstein assault] happened before I went out with him. …I didn't tell him because what happened,” she recalls. 
“I did tell him later — well, he found out because he would ask my friend, ‘What's wrong with this girl? She wakes up screaming at night and soaking wet in the bed and the sheets are wet. She does it every night, like two or three times a night.’ I would have terrible nightmares, PTSD stuff. So, we had to talk about it then.”
Manson and McGowan were together for about three years and engaged for two, and while McGowan says he was “nasty, nasty, nasty” to her after their relationship ended (“That's just male ego bulls*** with access to a microphone; it was not cool”), they’ve since made amends. 
And she realizes that her time spent escaping into his rock ‘n’ roll world was “very instrumental in healing for me at that point, because I wanted to be young and free, and I felt so old. I had just been like working, it felt like, for so long and I've done like five movies in a row, and then the bad thing happened. And after that, I just wanted to run away with the circus and just feel free and have fun. And also because people are like sending him death threats all the time and all that — it was more about me protecting him. I could focus on him, instead of dealing with my own stuff.”

Looking back, McGowan has mixed feelings about her shocking VMAs fashion moment, through she doesn’t necessarily regret it. “It was kind of hard. I hadn't really ever dealt with global media shaming. But it prepared me for later on it happening to me a whole bunch. It was also like, ‘Sorry you're square and I'm not bummer,” she chuckles.
“I'm like, ‘Why did I do that?’ I've had to look at that. You know, when you do stuff sometimes on instinct and in a mood, like when a mood overtakes you on, you analyze what it was that brought you to that mood or that choice. So, I've certainly had a lot of time to analyze and I'm looking at the timeline. But I completely understand why I did what I did.”
Rose McGowan is making music herself these days, recently releasing the experimental, meditative debut album Planet 9. Below, check out her full Yahoo Entertainment interview about that album, her career, her retreat from Hollywood, and her activism. The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards will take place this Sunday, Aug. 30.

Nov. 4, 2020 "Judge jails Adrien Broner after boxer posts stacks of cash on Instagram while claiming he can't make court payments": I find this guy really stupid.  Has he really not learned anything from #MeToo?  If you do any sexual harassment or assault, people will complain about it and it will be on the news: 

A judge threw boxer Adrien Broner in jail on Monday after holding him in contempt of court as part of a civil lawsuit filed by a woman who accused him of sexually assaulting her at a nightclub in 2018, according to Cory Shaffer of cleveland.com.

Cuyahoga County judge Nancy Margaret Russo reportedly found that Broner failed to cooperate with multiple deadlines to submit documents and other evidence explaining why he was unable to make the $830,000 payment the judge ordered him to make in December.

Apparently, the judge cited a certain Instagram post from just days ago in which Broner displayed large of stacks of cash.

Given that Broner reportedly claimed in an Oct. 5 court filing that he only had $13 in cash to his name, it’s understandable why Russo lost patience with a boxer who has openly ignored her.

Russo reportedly ordered that Broner remain in jail until he provides complete and truthful information about his finances to the plaintiff’s law firm. A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday for Broner’s attorney to show they are complying with Russo’s order.

Broner has reportedly claimed he is preparing for a fight scheduled in January that will earn him “a significant purse,” at which point he will supposedly make his required payment.

Broner pled guilty to misdemeanor assault and unlawful restraint back in 2019 following the incident for which he is now facing a six-figure payment.

The assault reportedly occurred on June 9, 2018, at Park Social, a nightclub in Cleveland.

The victim alleged that the boxer, whom she did not know, approached her as she sat with two friends, thrust himself on her, pinned her down and forcibly kissed her. After attempts to remove Broner from her, the boxer only ceased the assault after a bystander threatened to take a picture.

After Broner’s guilty plea, the woman filed a civil suit. She did not have much problem winning because Broner declined to appear in court or contest the charges, leading to a default judgement of $500,000 in punitive damages and $250,000 in compensatory damages, the victim’s legal fees.

In the last three years, Broner has participated in as many sexual assault arrests as fights. In addition to the Cleveland assault, he was arrested in Atlanta in 2018 for allegedly groping a woman at a shopping mall.

He has also encountered trouble for threatening to shoot gay people in a homophobic rant on his Instagram story and has been a wanted man in Florida multiple times for failing to appear in court over a 2017 speeding arrest. In the latter case, he was seen at a Los Angeles Lakers game despite being a wanted man in Florida.

Broner hasn’t appeared in a boxing ring since Jan. 2019, when he was dominated by a 40-year-old Manny Pacquiao. It has been over three years since he has won an official boxing match.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/judge-jails-adrien-broner-boxer-instagram-cash-payments-195915242.html


This is from my Mar. 2021 blog post:

"#MeToo movement becomes #WeToo in in victim-blaming Japan"/ "Outrage as women in Japan told not wear glasses in the workplace"


Aug. 17, 2020 Saying: I found this on Facebook:

"You never look good when you are trying to make someone else look bad."- Unknown

Cham: Sometimes people need to be exposed for who they are hahah or maybe I should stop being petty

Tracy Au: There's a difference between trying to make someone look bad, and exposing them for who they are. It's like those #MeToo accusers and victims, they are plainly telling everybody about the perpetrators. They're not trying to make them look bad.


No comments: