Sunday, March 1, 2020

Quickbooks/ How to make decisions/ Tracy giving away her magazine clippings (Work from Home Part 1)

Feb. 23, 2020 Should I attend this QuickBooks online class?: I signed up for Arise Work from Home.  It's a platform and other companies put their jobs on the site.  It's not a scam, and I worked for one of the companies there.

https://www.ariseworkfromhome.com/canada/


There is this new project for QuickBooks. 

Phase 1: 4 weeks (21 days)
4 hrs of instructor led classroom daily
2 hrs of self- paced content daily

This is unpaid.

Phase 2: 15 days, earn while you learn

Phase 3: 1 month

Certification SOW

I'm nervous about attending this because it's about accounting and math.  Math is my worse subject in school, I struggled in high school.


My math marks have always been C.  I have a math tutor since gr. 6 to get C.



Applied Math 20 (2nd to lowest math class in gr. 11): 52%

Applied Math 30 (2nd to lowest math class in gr. 12): 50%.

Pure Math 30 (grade level average in gr. 12): 63%.

These 3 yrs, I had a math tutor once a week, and my sister tutors me in math.  It was 20-25 hrs a week of tutoring to get me to pass those math classes.

The class starts Mar. 16, 2020.  It costs $29.

Should I attend this QuickBooks online class?

Pros:

1. I make money if I pass the class.

2. I learn QuickBooks and can put that on my resume.  I can then use the skills and knowledge in my office jobs.

Cons:

1. It's too hard.

2. I dislike math.

3. The biggest loss is that I lose $29, some time and effort.  At least I gave it my best effort.


If I don't pass the class:

1. I lose $29, some time and effort.

If I do pass the class:

1. I will have to work to make the $29 I spend on the class.

I don't know if I will like this project.  The last project I did, was I was reading the script.  It wasn't hard at all.

How to make decisions:

1. Write a list of the pros and cons.

2. Ask if you want, need, or have to do something.


Feb. 25, 2020 Christy Whitman and making decisions: She is a life coach and a New York Times Best selling author.  This is from those self- development videos I listen to.  She always ask these questions:

1. What do you want?

2. Why do you want it?

3. What do you want to feel when you have it?

Tracy Au and making decisions: 

1. Do you want this?

2. Do you need this?

3. Do you have to do this?

My opinion: If I attend the class and I don't pass it, I would feel like I wasted $29.  If I do pass the class, then I would have to work to make up the money and time I spent.  I would have to work a few hours to make up that money.

I listened to the info session and gathered info.  It's 21 days of unpaid training.  

I don't want to do this.  I'm going to apply to some more places on the Arise platform.

How you do one thing is how you do everything: This is also from those self- development videos.

Tracy giving away her magazine clippings: My sister gave me all her magazines like 24 issues a year in 2001.  By 2002 (gr. 11), I had become close friends with Tamara.  She likes Buffy and got really into it in season 6.  We watched and talked about the show all the time.  It was also on syndication on Space.  (Now it's called Sci-fi Channel).

I gave her one Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy) and she was so happy.  

Tamara: Where did you get this?
Tracy: Seventeen magazine Dec. 2000.
Tamara: Thank you so much.

Then later I gave her one more and she was so happy.  

Tamara: Where did you get this?
Tracy: YM magazine May 2001.
Tamara: Thank you so much.  I have some O-town posters I could give you.
Tracy: No, that's okay, I don't really like them.

Tamara gives me this confused look.
Tamara: But last year, weren't you all "Ahhh O-town!"
Tracy: Oh yeah, I was, you remembered.


Then months later in gr. 12, I gave her all my Buffy clippings.  They were on my wall before and I like Buffy and all, but Tamara likes them more so I gave them all to her.  

I was way more obsessed with Buffy in season 4-6.  I started watching the show in season 4.  

I cut up all my magazines (from 1996-2003) and gave her everything related to Buffy.  The show was on the 7th and last season.  She was so happy and excited.  She appreciated these way more than I do. 

I then gave all my friends magazine clippings of other celebrities they like.

Rusty: Limp Bizkit, No Doubt, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Eminem

April: Simple Plan

Chelsea: Ryan Phillippe



When I was giving them away:


1. Do you want this?



2. Do you need this?



3. Do you have to keep this?

I don't want these magazine clippings of these celebrities I'm not really a fan of.  I'm writing about this because I was re-watching some Buffy season 7 on T&E Telus channel 717 when they were re-airing that show.

The present: Now it has manifested to me posting news articles onto my blog so my friends and family, and blog readers know what I'm reading.




Intuit SBG



Intuit QuickBooks Eng CA 3.16.20


Expand your bookkeeping business providing QuickBooks support from the comfort of your home. Knowledge and experience with Intuit QuickBooks a plus!!! No class 4.10.20


Type: Cust Svs
Min. Service Interval: -1.00




https://partnersetup.arise.com/custom/DisplayFile.aspx?FilenamePath=Intuit%20SBG\Intuit%20Quickbooks%20Canada%20
English%20_%2003.16.20%20_%20Agent%20OA(REV).pdf

Always know where your money is going

Track expenses and income effortlessly
Connect your bank accounts, credit cards, PayPal, and more to automatically download all your income and expenses.1

Clearly see your financials
QuickBooks automatically suggests tax categories so staying organized is simple and you can run reports to instantly see how your business is performing.

Send smart invoices from anywhere

Get paid fast and look good doing it
Send professional invoices from any device, and accept credit card payments right from the invoice.2




Don’t wait to get paid
Use partial or custom amounts to split an estimate into multiple invoices. Get your money sooner based on milestones or stages of a job.

Make it easy to get paid

Give customers another way to pay
Make it convenient for customers to pay by accepting credit cards and Apple Pay right from the invoices you send.2
See who owes you and send reminders
Payments are automatically matched to invoices so you can see what’s outstanding and then send payment reminders to let clients know.

Make it easy to get paid

Give customers another way to pay
Make it convenient for customers to pay by accepting credit cards and Apple Pay right from the invoices you send.2
See who owes you and send reminders
Payments are automatically matched to invoices so you can see what’s outstanding and then send payment reminders to let clients know.

Make every deduction count

Ditch the shoebox of receipts
Take a picture with your phone and upload it to QuickBooks to keep receipts safe and organized. We’ll automatically match receipts to existing transactions so you’re organized for tax time.
Keep more of what you earn
With all your receipts stored, and attached to expenses you’ll be ready to maximize your tax deductions.

Make every kilometre count

Track trips automatically
Just flip the auto-tracking switch and the app will track where you drive. Simply sort your trips as business or personal with a swipe.
Deduct the max, so you save the max
Even short trips can add up. Customers who log mileage find on average 46% more deductions during tax time.3

Make better decisions with valuable insights

Know where you stand
Instantly see how your business is performing using the dashboard and financial reports. Clearly see cash flow, see what’s selling most, and plan for the future.
Get funding to grow
Create professional Profit & Loss reports, balance sheets, and collect key financials to help get approval on funding, update partners, and see a roadmap for spending.

Track time wisely

Clock employee time and billable hours
Easily and accurately track the hours you and your employees or contractors work. Even give employees protected access to enter their own time.
Consolidate your workflow
Automatically add time and expenses to invoices and projects. Plus, save time on payroll with employee timesheets ready to go.

Run payroll that pays off

Easy, accurate, add-on payroll
Simplify payroll taxes, pay employees with free direct deposit, and file year-end forms with QuickBooks + Payroll.4
Worry-free payruns
Set up multiple pay schedules and types, sync with employee timesheets, and let us do the math so everything is accurate and on time.

Stay stocked for success

See what’s in stock and on order
Keep track of what you’ve ordered from each vendor. Your inventory is automatically updated when you buy and sell products, and you get notified when inventory is low.
Sync your sales
Import from excel or connect to Amazon, and Shopify to sync all your sales in one place.5 Run reports to see best sellers and connect other apps for complex inventory needs.

Better business tools, all in one place

Pay bills & vendors
Pay multiple vendors and bills at the same time, record payments, and set up recurring payments for peace of mind.
Track projects & see profitability
Easily track your income, expenses, and time by project so you always know your profitability and you can make smarter business decisions.
Multi-currency support
Send invoices in different currencies, assign currencies to different customers, and record transactions in multiple currencies.
Create & send estimates
Accept mobile signatures, turn estimates into invoices and save time with templates.
Keep sales & sales tax in sync
Automatically calculate and track sales tax on income and expenses so you know where you stand.
Multiple users
Invite your accountant or bookkeeper to access your books remotely and give employees limited access to only the features they need.
QuickBooks Online Essentials: up to 3 users
QuickBooks Online Plus: 5+ users



My week:

Feb. 27, 2020 Larry Tesler who invent cut, copy and paste has passed away: I found this on Facebook.

Larry Tesler, an icon of early computing, has died at the age of 74.
Mr Tesler started working in Silicon Valley in the early 1960s, at a time when computers were inaccessible to the vast majority of people.
It was thanks to his innovations - which included the "cut", "copy" and "paste" commands - that the personal computer became simple to learn and use.
Xerox, where Mr Tesler spent part of his career, paid tribute to him.
"The inventor of cut/copy & paste, find & replace, and more, was former Xerox researcher Larry Tesler," the company tweeted. "Your workday is easier thanks to his revolutionary ideas."
Mr Tesler was born in the Bronx, New York, in 1945, and studied at Stanford University in California.




"U.S. department store chain cutting ties with Nygard in light of sexual assault allegations": 




A large department store chain with nearly 300 locations in the U.S. is severing ties with the Canadian fashion company Nygard over recent sexual assault allegations against the company's founder, Peter Nygard.
Dillard's, which operates a chain of luxury department stores, said in a statement Wednesday that it is cancelling current orders with Nygard International and suspending future ones after 10 women filed a civil class-action lawsuit against Peter Nygard, who founded the Winnipeg-based fashion company.



The women are accusing the clothing company founder of raping them at his mansion in the Bahamas and operating what they say is a "sex trafficking ring."
"In light of the serious allegations concerning Peter Nygard, which are in direct opposition to our core values, Dillard's has refused current deliveries, cancelled all existing orders and suspended all future purchases from Nygard," Dillard's said in an emailed statement on Wednesday.
According to the Nygard website, the company's clothing is sold in more than 6,000 department stores. Nygard has 150 of its own stores across North America.
A personal spokesperson announced Tuesday that Peter Nygard was stepping down as chairman of his company and will divest his ownership stakes.

My opinion: I'm predicting those Nyguard clothing stores like Alia and Tanjay may be closing down after this.  There could be customers who boycott this store because they don't feel right buying clothes from a store that is owned by a alleged sexual predator.  After that I then found this article:

"Nygard the company faces tough task to distance itself from Nygard the man, experts say":
"People buy the clothes because they like the designs, not because of the direct connection to Nygard," said Warren, who also served as the director of the University of Manitoba's Stu Clark Centre for Entrepreneurship until 2012.

Warren said because the company only uses Nygard's family name, it provides a bit of leeway that could allow it to use other family members as representatives.
"I'd start to bring out other people and, especially given these particular charges, I'd try and show that we have powerful women in the company that have played key roles," he said.
"So if they've got a good PR team, they will be heavily out there trying to create distance and talk about the Nygard team, or you'll see them bring back [his daughter] Bianca's name."



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

Plus, getting it set up is as simple as 1--2--3!

Here is how it works...

STEP 1. Choose affiliate products the system will push
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON traffic (it ONLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products on it's own!

Are you ready?

Check it out here

FLORES said...


I want to give a big thanks to a great spell caster commonly known as DR TAKUTA for the great spiritual prayers he did in my life by bringing my ex-lover back to me after many months of breakup and loneliness. With this, I am convinced that you are sent to this word to rescue people from heartbreaks and also to help us get the solution to every relationship problem. for those of you out there who have one relationship problem or the other why not contact DR TAKUTA. that is the best place you can solve all your problems, including a lack of jobs and promotions, binding and marriage spells, divorce and attraction spells, anxiety and depression problems, good luck and lotto spells, fertility, and pregnancy spells, and also the business success and customer increase, winning court cases and many more. contact him at takutaspellalter@gmail.com or contact mobile contact +27788634102