Sunday, August 31, 2014

Metro classes/ art/ Connect with Technology

Aug. 6 Metro classes: Let’s look at the Metro Adult Continuing Education Programs.  I’m looking at the Winter 2014 brochure.

Art:

Drawing: The Artist’s Foundation
Introduction to Coloured Pencils
Portraits in Pencil
Making Mukluks
Oil Painting: Beginner to Intermediate.  

My opinion: Jewelry Making like A Sophisticated Start to Stringing.  I’m not really interested in painting.  The Jewelry Making seems interesting because I have thought about making jewelry and selling it.  However, I’m not that interested in it to go and create it and start selling at farmer’s markets.

Business and Management: There are good classes like:

Supervision and Management Training:

Dealing with Difficult People
Interview Skills: Hire the Right Person
Managing Successful Projects

Business Communications:

Assertiveness: Business Language That Works
Effective Written Communication

Financial Management and Accounting:

Bookkeeping Level 1
QuickBooks
Simply Accounting

My opinion: I should take this.

Presentation and Facilitation Skills:

Becoming a Leading Facilitator

Real Estate:

Investing in Real Estate

Small Business:

From Business Dream to Business Reality
How to Write a Business Plan

Custom and Corporate Training:

This is to companies where they create workshops specifically to the company that teaches the above classes.

Careers and Personal Finance:

Improving Your Career Options:

Career Transitions
Hidden Keys to Career Success

Investing:

The Basics of Investing
Stock Trading

Managing Your Money:

Preparing for Retirement

Computer Training and Technology:

Absolute Beginners:

Computer Essentials Basics: Scared Stiff

Microsoft Applications:

Access Level 1
Excel Level 1
Office Level 1

My opinion: I should take this.

Connect with Technology:

Amazing Apps

Interest for Pinterest

Exploring Social Media Series:

Making Twitter Work for You

Web Design:

Build Your Own Website

Cooking:

Baking:

Beautiful Breads: Cinnamon Buns & More

Basic:

30- Minute Meals

Nutritious & Delicious Series:

Raw, Vegan & Fabulous

Ethnic:

Authentic Mexican Cuisine
East Indian Cuisine 101

My opinion: I took a Student –for-a- day at NAIT’s Baking program last year.  After the morning I thought it wasn’t really for me.  As in I don’t see cooking as a career. 

Dance:

For Partners:

You need to register with a partner for these classes:

Dance 101
Jive Workshop 

For the Love of Dance:

You don’t need to register with a partner for these classes:

Cuban Dance Party
Latin Dance Moves

No comments: