Monday, January 18, 2010

weird/ pregorexia/ Conan O'Brien

Jan. 14 Weird: That guy on the internet emailed me back. It's weird because I thought he was going to swear at me and call me names, but instead he says this:

"your right ! it is expired ! lol thats funny.are you sure you wouldent like to go for a coffee with me? just coffee , and just talk?i dont even know your name?"

Excuse me, but I dissed this guy and he comes and asks me out? Is this how you get guys? By being rude to them, and they'll keep pursuing you. Not to mention he doesn't even apologize for dissing my looks and attitude.

Writing: I got two emails from producers. One I emailed the script back in July 2009, and he read it. He rejected it, and I contacted him this month. He said that's he's not looking for new projects. The producer John Kerr actually emailed me back. The last time he emailed me was in July 2009. He says that the story needs to be developed into a "cohesive narrative." He says he will consider going into a "formal development arrangement" in the future.

Jan. 15: It was really productive yesterday. I buckled down and wrote the Rain script for two hours. I got 9 pages. I mainly typed up stuff I had written earlier, but it's still progress.

Job search: I did a little job search. I went through the classifieds and I see that an Italian restaurant on Jasper Ave is looking for full- time servers. Wait until next week, how the call centre goes before I pursue. Today I went through my school email and it said they're looking for on- campus residence supervisors.

That would be cool to live at a school and get paid to deal with people. I then looked at the application form and it said you need to be a full-time student with a 60% average. I can't apply.

I did call up this place that said $21/hr starting wage for Rain- Alta Holdings. They create technology for breathing defibrillators. Dave on the phone said it helps people with allergies. There is no marketing, call centre, or sales. He did say you need your own vehicle.

Funny: I was watching TV with Jonathan Torrens. He talks about the TV show Cheaters where they catch people cheating on each other.

JT: I hate how much I love this show.

lol. I love Cheaters, that show is so unintentionally funny. I find myself burst out laughing during it.

Boys club: In Rain, she is the only girl in this boys club. I was thinking about Detective Beckette being the only woman with these other cops in Castle. There's only woman in the Strategic Response Unit on Flashpoint. In The Mentalist and CSI: NY there is a little more guys than women on the team.

Writer's block: Here's how to beat it. Focus on quantity than quality in writing the first draft of a script. Get to 90 pages, and then edit. The writer Conni Massing told me to write shorter pieces than a big screenplay. But wait, I was watching Dexter, and they were doing season long story lines. There are 12 episodes which is 12 hours. 90 pages is 90 min of a story, so it is a shorter piece.

Jan. 16 Pregorexia: Have you heard of pregorexia? I was watching Tyra about how this woman is pregnant, and she's starving herself and overexercising so she won't gain weight during her pregnancy. She said that she and her boyfriend are in the entertainment industry. She's an actress/model and he makes music videos so he sees all these video models.

She knows that if she gets too curvy, he will look at other women. Tyra did tell her that she is hurting her baby. The woman's boyfriend's cousin told her too like: "That is my neice or nephew. You are shallow and you need to grow up." I think maybe one person in the back clapped. Or I was imagining it.

Tyra put it more eloquently: "Relationships aren't always permanent. They come and go. As for your baby, he will always be your baby. Your child will be in your life forever and you need to care of it. I have some people in the back who will give you counseling." See, Tyra does help people, and I'm going to miss her show when it's over.

I was kind of annoyed at that woman. She is shallow and needs to grow up. She's 22 and she should know better. She either shouldn't get pregnant, or at least if she did, she didn't have to stay pregnant. She should gain all the weight during her pregnancy, and then afterward she gives birth, she can work out as much as she can to lose it.

Glee: That reminds me of the joke where Sue Sylvester talks to Mrs. Shuester on Glee.

Sue: You're gaining weight.
Mrs. S: That's because I'm pregnant.
Sue: That's no excuse.

lol. That joke gets a pass because it's fictional, and it's stupid.

Haiti: I was reading on Yahoo news that, scientists had predicted there was going to be an earthquake in 2010, back in 2008. However, Haiti was still in recovery from four tropical storms and hurricanes. The article mentioned it would have been hard to mobilize a plan in 2yrs even in an industrialized like the US.

Conan O' Brien: In lighter news, Conan is in deals with NBC. Yahoo said that NBC will pay Conan to end his show. Conan may have a TV show by this fall. There was a joke last night on his show.

C: It was pretty rough getting to work this morning.
Cut to C getting out of his car.
Gun shots are fired at C. C pulls out his gun and starts shooting back.
C runs to the wall, and the announcer Andy Richter is shooting.
C: Cover me!
C and A run to the doors. lol.

James Franco: I saw him on new ep of 30 Rock where he plays himself. He didn't really look that good in the episode. It was kind of funny.

Jan. 17 Graham Wardle: I remember checking him out on Facebook a long time ago, and I only saw a fan group. Today I checked him out again, after watching his show Heartland. He's on Facebook, so I emailed him and added him as a friend. I told him that I did pitch my script The Fighter to the production company Seven 24 that produces his TV show. The company had read the script and rejected me back in summer 2009. I told them that I saw GW as my lead.

In my friend request email to GW, I told him that I saw him as my lead. It may spark his interest. He either emails me back and confirm me as his friend like the actor Giles Panton did (Joe on Flash Gordon.)

I emailed GP my script, but he hasn't really gave me an answer on being in it. He could end up being like the actor Eric Callero (the vamp assistant Cody on Conan O' Brien.) EC emailed me back, but he didn't confirm me as a friend which is okay.

Psych: I checked my email and I got a friend to confirm me as a friend on Facebook. I thought it was Graham Wardle and I got really excited. Oh wait, it's actually Wasan who I went to college with. I had asked her to be my friend earlier today. lol.

Jan. 18 Rant: I called the call centre today, and they said I don't have any shifts this week or the next. They did say that it could change next week. Today I'm going to pass out my resumes and revisit my old jobs. I worked at Treats in summer 2007. There are four Treats in downtown so I'm going to apply to all of them.

I have waited long enough for this call centre. They said it's going to get really busy in Jan and it isn't. At least I can put 4 months of that place on my resume. It's not going to hurt if I do my job search now. The only thing I'm losing is computer paper, ink, and staples that build my resume.

Lesson: The lesson is taking any job can be a risk. You may think you know the duties and how it works. You can do all your research about it, but you may still not know something.

No comments: