Aug. 2, 2024 "It’s in the bag": Today I found this article by Kristi York in the Aug. 2024 Costco Connection:
"Exclusive: Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs seen physically assaulting Cassie Ventura in 2016 surveillance video obtained by CNN"/ "Diddy Apologizes For 'Inexcusable' Behavior After Assault Video Resurfaces"
Donate Supplies
Sometimes you want to give a tangible item. You can be confident knowing the supplies you donate go directly to students in need.
All supply donations must be new and unused. To ensure students are not identified as accessing the program, donations of corporate-branded promotional items cannot be accepted.
- Backpacks
- 1”- 2” Binders
- Coiled Notebooks
- Lined Paper
- Pencil crayons
- Washable markers
- Wax crayons
Program Approved Supply Lists
United Way’s Tools for School program distributes school kits in three standardized grade categories, each with a list of required supplies compatible with participating school divisions. Download our printable list!
Drop-Off Locations and Product Drives
School supply donations can be dropped off at United Way’s InKind Exchange at 14710 – 112 Ave, Edmonton, by appointment only. Please call 780-990-1000 to book your drop-off time.
Drop-off bins will also be conveniently available at Staples locations from August 11 – September 22, 2024.
The 2026 iteration of the program runs from Aug. 3-28 and provides school supplies to children of lower-income families, the city said in a Tuesday news release. This year, the program has expanded to include the neighbouring municipalities of Strathcona County, Spruce Grove and St. Albert.
Edmonton Transit Service and local transit service buses will be parked at the following Staples locations on Aug. 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to collect school supply donations:
Edmonton:
- Unity Square, 11812 104 Ave. NW
- Strathcona, 6510 Gateway Blvd. NW
- Skyview, 13154 137 Ave. NW
- Edmonton North, 13118 50 St. NW
- Terra Losa, 9580 170 St. NW
- South Edmonton Common, 1960 101 St. NW
- Winderemere, 6276 Currents Dr. NW
- Whitemud, 2012 38 Ave. NW
- 390 Baseline Road
Spruce Grove:
- 70 McLeod Ave.
St. Albert
- 445 St Albert Trail
United Way volunteers will also be at the Edmonton locations to accept debit, credit and cash donations.
These are The Baby- Sitter's Club books I want:
Sun. Aug. 23, 2026:
Lamis J, Nova Scotia, would like to know:
What’s your go-to way to unwind after a long day?
Watching TV or a movie
63.35% (2316)
Reading a book
13.07% (478)
Exercising or going for a walk
11.98% (438)
Listening to music
11.60% (424)
My opinion: Watching TV.
Wed. Aug. 26, 2026:
E Katie T, Goodlands , Manitoba, would like to know:
What’s your favourite movie theatre snack?
Popcorn
60.60% (2409)
I don’t usually get snacks
22.97% (913)
Chocolate
6.87% (273)
Candy
5.46% (217)
Just a drink
4.10% (163)
My opinion: I don't get snacks. I don't watch or do anything else as I'm eating.
I'm all about mindful eating so I don't overeat. I also enjoy what I'm eating.
I don't watch movies in movie theatres because I prefer TV and watching at home.
Fri. Aug. 28, 2026:
Haya G, Burnaby , British Columbia, would like to know:
When are you most productive?
Morning
65.39% (2519)
Afternoon
20.66% (796)
Evening
9.99% (385)
Night
3.95% (152)
My opinion: Morning.
Sat. Aug. 29, 2026:
Marielle B, Saint-Hubert, Québec, would like to know:
How often do you go to the movies ?
Rarely
49.42% (1655)
Never
27.44% (919)
Sometimes
16.96% (568)
Often
4.54% (152)
Very often
1.64% (55)
My opinion: Never. Or maybe I should have said "rarely." The last movie I saw was Snow White and the Huntsman. I had 2 movie passes that I won for free at my Hotel Restaurant job in a draw.
The movie was average. My friend Cham was the one who really wanted to see it.
Today I found this article on Yahoo. Here are some sample questions:
178 Questions to Ask Someone to Get to Know Them Better
What's your favorite part of the workday?
If money wasn't a factor, would you still choose the career you did?
What was your first job ever?
Did you have any odd jobs growing up?
Have you ever had a side hustle?
What would make you feel like you've "made it" in your career?
https://ca.style.yahoo.com/178-questions-ask-someone-know-175655175.html
Sat. Aug. 22, 2026 The Edmonton Valley Zoo: My friend Cham had this work party there. She invited me because her 2 nieces cancelled, and I got a free ticket. She brought her boyfriend and kid too.
I was there last time in 2022.
I saw the red panda on the trees.
The sea lions swimming.
I saw the birds like
-barn owl
-snowy owl
-peregrine falcon
-a white camel as he was eating and drinking
Food:
Red Swan Pizza: I ate the meat lover's pizza. This was average.
I never had pizza from Red Swan before.
I had a small Chapman chocolate ice cream. It was good.
They got a free bag of cotton candy on the way out, and they gave it to me because they don't eat it.
Sun. Aug. 23, 2026 Garage sale: I saw this sign and walked to this. It turns out I went to this in mid- June. The senior woman did say she was going to hold another one in July, but I didn't attend.
This time she sold more Elmo stuffed animals, and gold band rings. She was talking to this woman.
Senior: You were here before with your mother.
Woman: Mother -in -law.
Later:
Tracy: I don't know if you remember me, but I was here in mid -June.
Senior: Yeah, I remember.
Tracy: Do you sell any markers?
Senior: I only have pencil crayons.
Centre of Spiritual Living Vintage Market Fundraiser: I'm going to attend this one.
I attended one in 2019.
Saturday, August 29
9am - 5pm
This is more than a fundraiser, it is an opportunity to gather with friends, welcome our neighbours from the Forest Heights and Terrace Heights communities, discover hidden treasures, support local makers, and celebrate the creativity and generosity of our Centre.
Homemade baking,
garden produce,
jewelry,
artwork,
crafts,
preserves,
sewing,
woodworking,
and other handmade or homegrown items
No comments:
Post a Comment