Friday, December 11, 2020

Post Secret (Part 4)/ "Alberta student 1st Canadian to win $500K Cdn international science competition"

Apr. 10, 2016:




7.gnp

purple

My opinion: Who are you?  Bart Simpson?

May 1, 2016:

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.03.06 PM

It was a complex night emotionally, alternating pearls of laughter with tears and moments of reflection organized around a powerful central theme: sharing secrets can save lives.–Watertown Daily Times

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.04.25 PM

I laughed, I cried, I cringed.@iagomega

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.05.13 PM


burdens

hat

insurance

spagettisquashishappysquash
amelie

May 22, 2016:

I. The Island of Capri is where I fell in love with Sarah. I was a photographer, but the only thing I have to remember that weekend are 3 postcards. I couldn’t stand the thought of missing one moment with her looking through a lens.

II. This is where I fell in love with Sarah. Wherever she is now, whoever she is with I pray that she is happy. Loving her saved my life.

III. These were the moments of my life I loved her more than anything, but it was never meant to be. Through the anxiety attacks and suicidal thoughts these moments reassured my life was worth living. I got better help because of her.

Another:

I am afflicted with him/her 
And am weary of this torment as if I am confined to a grave
There is a truthful saying:
there are wounds in life that in loneliness chip and eat away your soul like leprosy, and will finish you.

May 30, 2016:

7.dance

"I took up karate lessons so I would be so busy and tired to think about all the ways I wanted to kill myself.

It turns out it has cleansed me physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I'm happier than I've ever been!

Thank you for saving my life!

Don't give up, keep trying new things.

There's always something that will help you out of the hole."

10.wehearyoumarfa
thereyouwere

hopeandpray

ishook

nanny

phantom
lb2



This week there isn't a theme, but here are 2 blog posts about job articles:

"Full-time pain, part-time gain"/ "Should I rat out my colleague as the office slacker?"




"Five ways to become the boss of your phone"/ "How To Handle A Job Offer When You’re Waiting On Another One"





My week: 


Dec. 4, 2020 Leo surveys: I get these points when I do surveys.  I answer a few questions, and I don't qualify for them, I get 50 points.  I then redeem them for $20 Visa gift cards.  (Pay Pal, Tim Hortons or other gift cards are available.)  I got $80 worth of gift cards this year.

Fun question: They also have a fun question of the day:

 

Courtney Lamont from Formosa , ON, would like to know:

If you could choose any age, to stay in for the rest of your life, what would it be?

20-30

51.03% (2098)

30-50

31.09% (1278)

10-20

6.64% (273)

50-70

4.72% (194)

70+

3.67% (151)

>10

2.85% (117)



My opinion: I chose 20-30.

"Bride visits dying grandmother in her wedding dress knowing she wouldn't live to see her big day":

The touching moment a dying grandma got to see her granddaughter as a bride when she surprised her with a visit knowing she wouldn’t survive to see her wedding, was captured by a photographer.

Bethany Boykin, 25, donned her wedding dress for Dot ‘Honey’ Beaman, 87, when she realised that Beaman would not live to see her wedding day in November.

As Boykin’s last surviving grandparent, Beaman had always held a hope that she would be a part of her special day. So Boykin enlisted the help of close friend and photographer, Taylor Dail, 27, to capture the emotional meeting.

The moving photos show the moment the great-grandmother opened her eyes to see her granddaughter at her hospital bed dressed in her wedding dress.

Boykin, an office clerk from Wilson, North Carolina, US, said: “My mum went into her room first and said ‘Bethany's here to see you’.

“Then I went in and said ‘Hey Honey, what d’you think?’

“She opened her eyes and that was her reaction in the picture.

“Her first words were ‘oh, it's beautiful!’ and just kept saying over and over how beautiful it was!”

“They didn’t give an estimated time at the beginning, it could have been from a week to six months, but the nurse was honest with us and said we probably had a few weeks with her.”

Realising her grandmother likely wouldn’t survive to see her November wedding day, Boykin decided to visit her in her dress to share the special moment.


My opinion: Awww....



Dec. 5, 2020 "Walmart Canada to give 85,000 workers cash ‘bonus’ for working amid coronavirus":

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. — Walmart Canada announced new cash bonuses for its workers on Friday, saying the “appreciation bonus payment” recognizes their ongoing dedication during the pandemic.


The move follows similar announcements made by other companies in recent weeks and could put pressure on more retailers to offer so-called hero pay to essential workers as the second wave of COVID-19 worsens.

Walmart said more than 85,000 employees will receive the additional payment on Dec. 11, with full-time staff expected to receive $250 while part-time staff would receive $150.

In March, the company had provided workers with an appreciation bonus of $200 for full-time workers and $100 for part-timers. It also paid a “thank you premium” of $2 an hour on top of regular hourly rates for workers in April and May.

The announcement by Walmart Canada that it would pay a December bonus comes a day after Walmart in the U.S. said it would be giving its 1.5 million workers a special bonus.

UFCW Canada, one of the country’s largest private-sector unions, has called on grocery stores to reinstate the $2-an-hour wage bump for its front-line workers, saying the hero pay acknowledges their courageous efforts.

Walmart Canada to give 85,000 workers cash ‘bonus’ for working amid coronavirus - National | Globalnews.ca

My opinion: A lot of people hate Wal-Mart, but they are paying their workers bonuses so that's good.

Friend phone call: I called my friend Sherry last week and we talked for an hr.  

Friends blog feedback: Sherry says she sometimes reads the women in the workplace job articles, but doesn't really read the jobs and technology job articles. 

Last month, Michelle said she occasionally skims about my life.

This was probably in 2010-2011 where Angela and Jessica said about skimming and scanning my emails/ blog posts.

Dec. 6, 2020 Elvis vs. The Aliens: Jeff L. Burke made this short film and posted this on Facebook.  I watched this and it seemed familiar.

 Tracy Au

Wasn't this at the Edmonton Filmmakers group film festival screening in 2015? We were at Nait and all these short films were on?


Facebook

(129) Elvis Vs The Aliens - YouTube

Dec. 7, 2020 Talking about job articles with my friends and co-workers: I send job articles (or news articles) and no one really replies or comments to them.  When I talked to my friends/ co-workers at work about the topic, they respond.  I remember about that job advice article I asked in 2018: "If I work at a cannabis company, is this going to look bad on my resume?"

The advice column with 2 career coaches/ HR said no it won't.  

A- a man in his late 30s that I worked with: No.  It may not be that acceptable, but it will be eventually.

C- woman in her late teens: No.

Dec. 8, 2020 "Alberta student 1st Canadian to win $500K Cdn international science competition":

A Fort McMurray, Alta., student is the first Canadian to win the $500,000 Cdn international Breakthrough Junior Challenge, a prize that includes a scholarship and new science lab for her school.

Maryam Tsegaye, a Grade 12 student at École McTavish Public High School, entered the competition with a three-minute video explaining quantum tunnelling.

The competition asks students from around the world to create a video that explains a scientific principle to the public.

The 17-year-old spent two weeks creating her video, comparing quantum tunnelling to rolling dice and playing video games.

"I just had a lot of time over quarantine and I just decided to enter," Tsegaye said. "In previous years, I always hesitated from entering because I was really intimidated by all the other competitors."

About 5,600 students entered the competition.

The prize is a $250,000 US scholarship, $100,000 toward a science lab for her high school and $50,000 cash for the teacher who inspired her. The money amounts to about $500,000 Cdn.

My opinion: I hate math and science because I'm not good at or interested in it.  They're my worst subjects in school.  However, this was really good news that Maryam won this scholarship, a new science lab for her high school and $50,000 for a teacher.  She won and her school and teacher won too.

Dec. 9, 2020 Ikea discontinues catalogue: You can always go on their website:

Ikea Discontinues Its Catalog After 70 Years : NPR


In- person communication: My friend Heather shared this INFJ Refuge post on her Facebook page:




My comment on her post (and I shared it on my page):

I send 3 emails a week to my friends, and the emails are on my blog www.badcb.blogspot.ca. Everybody has different schedules and the only way I can contact them is through email and Facebook.

Heather likes my comment.







No comments: